Attention, gun control supporters:

Here's a question I have never heard a pro-gun nut be able to answer.

If more guns is the solution here, and we have more guns in this nation than any other country, why aren't we the safest country in the world at this point?

More guns is not the solution, neither is less.

The United States is unique in its culture of violence, where violence is seen as an appropriate means of conflict resolution, whether that’s spanking children, the death penalty, or starting an illegal war with Iraq, where we had a ‘conflict’ with Saddam - violence and war is our answer to everything.

Countries with strict gun laws have less gun crimes because their cultures are less violent, their gun laws are not a primary contributing factor.

The mix of our violent culture and refusal to acknowledge the needs of the mentally ill result in these tragic incidents of violence.

Just as banning abortion will do nothing to stop abortion, so too will banning guns not solve the problem of gun violence.

This will require Americans to make very difficult choices, to get involved in very difficult work, and look honestly at very painful, embarrassing facts and truths concerning American society and culture.

If more guns is the solution here, and we have more guns in this nation than any other country, why aren't we the safest country in the world at this point?

More guns is not the solution, neither is less.

The United States is unique in its culture of violence, where violence is seen as an appropriate means of conflict resolution, whether that’s spanking children, the death penalty, or starting an illegal war with Iraq, where we had a ‘conflict’ with Saddam - violence and war is our answer to everything.

Countries with strict gun laws have less gun crimes because their cultures are less violent, their gun laws are not a primary contributing factor.

The mix of our violent culture and refusal to acknowledge the needs of the mentally ill result in these tragic incidents of violence.

Just as banning abortion will do nothing to stop abortion, so too will banning guns not solve the problem of gun violence.

This will require Americans to make very difficult choices, to get involved in very difficult work, and look honestly at very painful, embarrassing facts and truths concerning American society and culture.

What about our culture makes it more violent than say any other 1st world nation?

It stopped mass shootings in my country.
But crime has gone up.

http://www.gunfacts.info/pdfs/gun-facts/6.1/gun_facts_6_1_screen.pdf
Myth: Gun control in Australia is curbing crime
Fact: Crime has been rising since enacting a sweeping ban on private gun ownership. In the first two years after Australian gun-owners were forced to surrender 640,381 personal firearms, government statistics showed a dramatic increase in criminal activity.31 In 2001-2002, homicides were up another 20%.32
From the inception of firearm confiscation to March 27, 2000, the numbers are:
• Firearm-related murders were up 19%
• Armed robberies were up 69%
• Home invasions were up 21%
The sad part is that in the 15 years before the national gun confiscation:
• Firearm-related homicides dropped nearly 66%
• Firearm-related deaths fell 50%
Fact: Gun crimes have been rising throughout Australia since guns were banned. In Sydney alone, robbery rates with guns rose 160% in 2001, more in the previous year.33
Fact: A ten year Australian study has concluded that firearm confiscation had no effect on crime rates.34 A separate report also concluded that Australia’s 1996 gun control laws “found [no] evidence for an impact of the laws on the pre-existing decline in firearm homicides”35 and yet another report from Australia for a similar time period indicates the same lack of decline in firearm homicides 36
Fact: Despite having much stricter gun control than New Zealand (including a near ban on handguns) firearm homicides in both countries track one another over 25 years, indicating that gun control is not a control variable.37​

GunFacts.info.......:eusa_eh: lol

Thanks for the laugh.

Oh and save your reply of "I noticed you didn't dispute anything that was claimed".

I know the routine already, so save your energy.
Sure. Run away from the scary facts. Coward.

Who the fuck is Guy Smith?

g.jpg
GSmith055-thumb.jpg
GSmith068-thumb.jpg
GSmith029-thumb.jpg

Guy Smith (writer, songwriter, political provocateur) and has been referred to as a libertarian with a foreign policy. Because the 2nd Amendment is the only civil right under perpetual attack, Guy has chosen to make gun owner rights and Gun Facts the focal point of his political activism.

"No civil right has come under such unrelenting attacks as the 2nd Amendment. Everyone who takes liberty seriously — which apparently does not include the ACLU — must actively defend the 2nd Amendment."

Speaking: Guy is a regular speaker on television, radio (Gun Talk, NRANews' Cam & Company) and at meetings of civil liberty groups, including being an invited speaker at the Gun Rights Policy Conference.
Well, THAT certainly falsifies all his sourced claims.

Oh, wait -- no, it doesn't.

More guns isn't the solution, and no one's claiming it is.

More guns in the hands of responsible owners is the solution.

And most of the left opposes that idea.

So, can you answer the question in the OP? No one else has been able to.

I have no problem with guns in the hands of responsible owners.

So, why does the NRA and you folks on the right vehemently oppose laws and regulations that prevent guns being legally sold to people who don't have to pass a background check?

On the contrary, a number of posters have answered your question . None of them ,including mine, are what you want to hear! Besides, I don't recall anyone advocating taking all guns away from people. Most of the responsible people here are advocating taking assault weapons out of the hands of right wing nut jobs who cannot even see their own insanity.

So, why does the NRA and you folks on the right vehemently oppose laws and regulations that prevent guns being legally sold to people who don't have to pass a background check?
What does that do about guns that are illegally sold to criminals?

Sources of Guns Used in Crimes – FBI Report : Buy A Gun Day

FBI reports:
According to the 1997 Survey of State Prison Inmates, among those possessing a gun, the source of the gun was from –
  • a flea market or gun show for fewer than 2%
  • a retail store or pawnshop for about 12%
  • family, friends, a street buy, or an illegal source for 80%

On the contrary, a number of posters have answered your question . None of them ,including mine, are what you want to hear! Besides, I don't recall anyone advocating taking all guns away from people. Most of the responsible people here are advocating taking assault weapons out of the hands of right wing nut jobs who cannot even see their own insanity.
No, I have gotten no rational and workable answers. Period.

How are you going to get criminals to obey the law?

I've never gotten a rational, workable answer to this question in all the years I've asked it on this and other boards.

No one expects criminals to obey the law. If one were to follow your logic, we would have no laws making child molesting a crime. I hope that helps and is not too abstract for you to comprehend.

I'm pretty sure molesting a child involves actually hurting that child. Owning a so called 'assault rifle' does not in any way involve hurting someone else. Hurt someone with it, well, we already have laws against that.

So, what were you saying about logic???

How are you going to get criminals to obey the law?

I've never gotten a rational, workable answer to this question in all the years I've asked it on this and other boards.

What an illogical question. Using your logic, drunk driving shouldn't be illegal since drunks are going to drive drunk anyway. You're suggesting that we shouldn't pass laws because criminals are going to break them, and that makes no sense.

Hey genius, drunk driving laws do not involve taking cars away from law abiding drivers.

FBI reports:
According to the 1997 Survey of State Prison Inmates, among those possessing a gun, the source of the gun was from –

No law is or will ever be perfect. But you are avoiding my question. Where do you think many private sellers get these weapons. And there is no risk having a trunk full of assault weapons upon a traffic stop that turns into a vehicle search, if you were able to buy them legally, now is there???

If they were banned, there is NO legal means of buying one, only illegal. So if you have one in your trunk or twenty...spread 'em, place your hands on the hood...you have the right to remain...

Last edited:

FBI reports:

Seriously? A 1997 source? Fully 40% of all guns sold in the US have no background checks. It's interesting that your source doesn't include private transactions, through classified ads. That's a common way that people are now buying guns. In many states, there's no questions asked, and in states like Virginia, the only law is you can't knowingly sell a gun to a felon. In South Carolina, there's not even that on the books.

any gun could be an assault weapon....

any knife could be an assault weapon....

any rock could be an assault weapon.....

any car could be an assault weapon....

ad infinitum....

are you going to limit people from the millions of things that could be an assault weapon..........? :cuckoo:

will permits for knives or baseball bats be next......? :cuckoo:

ad infinitum....

are you going to limit people from the millions of things that could be an assault weapon..........? :cuckoo:

Is it possible for you to reach back a little farther in your mind? Oh, that's right, this is at a kindergarten level now, not a hell of a lot of room left.

ad infinitum....

Is it possible for you to reach back a little farther in your mind? Oh, that's right, this is at a kindergarten level now, not a hell of a lot of room left.

you libs are at the kindergarten level when it comes to protecting kindergarten kids....

ad infinitum....

How about ASSAULT WEAPON AS DEFINED BY LAW?

Here's another chance for one of you ersatz gun-grabbers to answer a question.

How do you define 'assault weapon', and what makes it different from my semi-auto Remington deer rifle?

Here's another chance for one of you ersatz gun-grabbers to answer a question.

How do you define 'assault weapon', and what makes it different from my semi-auto Remington deer rifle?

Well, your deer rifle probably uses a higher power round and your deer rifle is probably more accurate.

However, as the government once defined it, an "assault weapon" just looks scary...and after all, shouldn't laws be about feelings and emotions, even if they lack any logic or reason? It's about what feels right that matters, right...:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back