Aunt sues 'loving' 8-year-old nephew

Alex.

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2014
jennifer-connell-670x400.jpg

"Sometimes, even adults need a timeout. Wait, scratch that. Sometimes adults need to hear: "Hush or I'll give you something to cry about."

In this case, the adult who needs some "attitude adjustment" is a 54-year-old New York woman named Jennifer Connell. This week, Connell sued her 12-year-old nephew in a Connecticut court for damages after she sustained a broken wrist when he hugged her too exuberantly at his birthday party. Four years ago. When he was 8.

The suit claimed that "a reasonable eight year old under those circumstances would know or should have known that a forceful greeting such as the one delivered by the defendant to the plaintiff could cause the harms and losses suffered by the plaintiff,"

Aunt sues 'loving' 8-year-old nephew over injury, #auntfromhell trending

The boy's mother died last year, his aunt could have shown a little more sympathy to him by dropping the suit.
"She Says the Injuries Made It ‘Difficult to Hold My Hors D’oeuvre Plate’ at a Party Last Year" and she wanted $120,000.
Jennifer Connell: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

This woman is a nut. She lost the case, got ZERO and probably should have received sanctions for bring a frivolous suit. The boy should have counterclaimed claiming she was an ass, he showed the wisdom of the ages and refrained from any action against her.

Last edited:
You silly, silly, oblivious goose.

the Aunt is suing her brother-in-law's homeowner's insurance carrier, hoping to cash in.

Nobody sues a kid. She is suing the insurance company.

Open your eyes.

the Aunt is suing her brother-in-law's homeowner's insurance carrier, hoping to cash in.

Open your eyes.
Filing a lawsuit against someone causes bad feelings and stress. The boy was 8 years old when this occurred. The woman showed poor judgement by doing this as you have by suggesting it was a good thing to do.

Open your eyes.
Filing a lawsuit against someone causes bad feelings and stress. The boy was 8 years old when this occurred. The woman showed poor judgement by doing this as you have by suggesting it was a good thing to do.

a mere 8 year old crushing a womans wrist who is just a mere 54 years old which is hardly that old? a scam obviously to come across money.this woman has got to be retarded.What is the boy from planet krypton or something?:uhoh3::lmao:

Last edited:
Glad to hear she got nothing. What kind of person even thinks of suing her young nephew (or his insurance co) for hugging her? She had difficulty holding a plate? That's the best "damages" she could come up with?

She needs a shrink, not an hors d'oeuvre.

Glad to hear she got nothing. What kind of person even thinks of suing her young nephew (or his insurance co) for hugging her? She had difficulty holding a plate? That's the best "damages" she could come up with?

Sounds to me she was too frail to hold up an hors d'oeuvre plate before the nephew hugged her

Open your eyes.

a mere 8 year old crushing a womans wrist who is just a mere 54 years old which is hardly that old? a scam by obviously to come across money.this woman has got to be retarded.What is the boy from planet krypton or something?:uhoh3::lmao:
She has no kids of her own which is why she thought it was ok to bother this child with this nonsense.

Sounds to me she was too frail to hold up an hors d'oeuvre plate before the nephew hugged her
She was too frail to hold a cogent thought before suing.

Her mind is too frail, that much is clear.

Last edited:

Open your eyes.

a mere 8 year old crushing a womans wrist who is just a mere 54 years old which is hardly that old? a scam by obviously to come across money.this woman has got to be retarded.What is the boy from planet krypton or something?:uhoh3::lmao:
She has no kids of her own which is why she thought it was ok to bother this child with this nonsense.
I just hope the nephew grows up normally in spite of crummy nature and nurture, compliments of Auntie Scumbag.

the human race makes me sick sometimes.

the human race makes me sick sometimes.
That is assumption she is a part of the human race. Who does that to a kid?

The more I read the more disgusted. I get

"Connell’s lawyer, William Beckert, insisted it was tough on everyone involved.

“We do not take pleasure bringing a minor to court,” he said. “But Jennifer indeed has a case . . . [Sean] was unsafe, and his father did not see what happened. He didn’t mean to do it, but that is of no consequence. He should have known better.”

After the death of Sean’s mother, Lisa Tarala, at age 47, friends and family were encouraged to donate to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, as well as the Domestic Violence Crisis Center."

Aunt loses lawsuit against 8-year-old nephew who jumped into her arms

Auntie Mean is a real bitch. The boy's mother committed suicide and this creep could not let up? How heartless can one person be?

Open your eyes.
She is suing the kid to get access to the homeowners insurance. There is no privity between the insurer and the plaintiff, nor did the insure commit a culpable act. You due the insured, who then turns to their carrier for protection.

So, yes, the kid is getting sued, you moron.

That chick does not look too bad for her age. What does the rest of her body look like?

I have no doubt whatsoever that this suit was brought with the consent and blessing of the boy's father. Neither he nor his kid had any money or assets at risk regardless of the outcome of the suit. That's how insurance works.

I have no doubt whatsoever that this suit was brought with the consent and blessing of the boy's father. Neither he nor his kid had any money or assets at risk regardless of the outcome of the suit. That's how insurance works.
So you have read the insurance policy and exclusions, you have consulted with the father and you know for sure the father had no assets that could be attached.

Feel free to post the policy and your conversation with the father.

He's 12 now, old enough to objectively assess how fucked up his aunt is and decide for himself to hate her for the rest of her fucked up life.

Forum List

Back