Australian teen shoots Australian police officer...but they don't have guns, right?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Wow...didn't hear about this during obama's press conference..of course it happened after he made a fool of himself...but bad timing. did the Iranian teen not realize that obama just told everyone that Australian gun laws kept shootings from happening....I mean..if the teen, suspected of terrorism, can shoot one police officer, then he could have shot more people........right?

But....How did a teenager get a gun in extreme gun controlled Australia?

the kid is 15 years old...how did he get a gun in extreme gun controlled Australia....I thought you anti gun extremists said they solved this...and here we have a 15 year old killing a police officer...

See...I have oointed out in post after post that criminals and mass shooters can get guns easily in any country.

Britain just caught a 19 year old planning on shooting up the university that kicked him out....je got a pistol and over 90 rounds with extended magazines...as well as pipe bombs...and he said geting the weapon and bombs was as easy as buying chocolates....

so how did a 19 year old get a gun in extreme gun controlled Britain?

Europe and Australia are behind the U.S. In mass shootimgs...but as it was pointed out...they have crazy people too....and with the media attention and fame our mass shooters get...that is going to travel over seas...and their crazies are going to start shooting people too....

and like this Iranian kid in Austtalia.....they also have terrorists...

Teen's Slaying Of Australian Police Worker 'Linked To Terror'

Assume Yakuza in Japan have guns and Japan's among the most gun-controlled countries on the planet.

Gun control doesn't prevent aquisition of guns by criminals.

Wow...didn't hear about this during obama's press conference..of course it happened after he made a fool of himself...but bad timing. did the Iranian teen not realize that obama just told everyone that Australian gun laws kept shootings from happening....I mean..if the teen, suspected of terrorism, can shoot one police officer, then he could have shot more people........right?

the kid is 15 years old...how did he get a gun in extreme gun controlled Australia....I thought you anti gun extremists said they solved this...and here we have a 15 year old killing a police officer...

See...I have oointed out in post after post that criminals and mass shooters can get guns easily in any country.

Britain just caught a 19 year old planning on shooting up the university that kicked him out....je got a pistol and over 90 rounds with extended magazines...as well as pipe bombs...and he said geting the weapon and bombs was as easy as buying chocolates....

Europe and Australia are behind the U.S. In mass shootimgs...but as it was pointed out...they have crazy people too....and with the media attention and fame our mass shooters get...that is going to travel over seas...and their crazies are going to start shooting people too....

Before you posted this, did you check how often gun violence occurs in Australia? Because if this is an isolated incident, and I suspect it is, your post is meaningless...MEANINGLESS.

Homicides by firearm per 1 million people (according to UN data)

Australia 1.4
New Zealand 1.6
Germany 1.9
Austria 2.2
Denmark 2.7
Sweden 4.1
Ireland 4.8
Canada 5.1
Luxembourg 6.2
Belgium 6.8
Switzerland 7.7
United States 29.7

Your thread is pointless and meaningless. The incident you cite is something that would be a very rare occurence in Australia, especially compared to gun violence in the US.

Last edited:

Homocides by firearm per 1 million people (according to UN data)

Australia 1.4
New Zealand 1.6
Germany 1.9
Austria 2.2
Denmark 2.7
Sweden 4.1
Ireland 4.8
Canada 5.1
Luxembourg 6.2
Belgium 6.8
Switzerland 7.7
United States 29.7

Your thread is pointless and meaningless. The incident you cite is something that would be a very rare occurence in Australia, especially compared to gun violence in the US. You're pathetic.

Well, obviously, if a law doesn't prevent the crime 100% of the time; the law is useless--that is the position of the OP. I think many in Oregon would trade places with the guys in Australia right now.

Australia 1.4
New Zealand 1.6
Germany 1.9
Austria 2.2
Denmark 2.7
Sweden 4.1
Ireland 4.8
Canada 5.1
Luxembourg 6.2
Belgium 6.8
Switzerland 7.7
United States 29.7

Your thread is pointless and meaningless. The incident you cite is something that would be a very rare occurence in Australia, especially compared to gun violence in the US. You're pathetic.

Well, obviously, if a law doesn't prevent the crime 100% of the time; the law is useless--that is the position of the OP. I think many in Oregon would trade places with the guys in Australia right now.

No...we were scolded by our President that your gun laws are better.....but...as I have posted before, Australian gun crime is going up....and Australia confiscated guns...just like our gun grabbers want.

And now, a 15 year old, immigrant in Australia shot a police officer.......how did he get the allegedly banned gun?

Also, as I have pointed out...gun crime in Australia is confined to biker gangs, and the immigrant community......and just like Europe, immigrant gangs are using guns more and more...and they don't seem concerned with the extreme gun control in Europe or Australia.

Before you posted this, did you check how often gun violence occurs in Australia? Because if this is an isolated incident, and I suspect it is, your post is meaningless...MEANINGLESS.

It is not isolated...gun crime is increasing in Australia....

Gun crime is increasing in Australia...

Gun found every two days in Melbourne s red zone

Police are discovering guns in cars every two days in Melbourne's north-west, which has been dubbed the "red zone" by officers concerned about a growing gangster culture in the region.

The alarming figure, obtained from The Police Association, follows anecdotal and statistical evidence of a burgeoning gun culture among young men in the city's north-western fringe.

Police working in the large region, which includes Broadmeadows, Sunshine and Werribee, have reported:

• Firearm-related incidents, such as drive-by shootings, every six days.
  • An increasing trend of children as young as 16 carrying guns.
  • Regularly finding guns in cars, including sawn-off shotguns and an automatic machine gun, during routine car intercepts.
  • Guns stolen from rural homes being used in violent crime in the north-west. Some 530 guns were stolen in rural Victoria in 2013.
It comes as the Crime Statistics Agency released figures on Thursday showing an almost threefold jump in firearm offences in the north-west over the past five years, from 581 in the year to March 2011 to 1332 in the 12 months to April 2015.

A similar trend was reported statewide, with firearm offences rising more than 50 per cent to 13,626.

The figures follow recent high-profile shootings in which two men have been killed - one in Keysborough, the other in Altona Meadows - and significant gun seizures by police. In March, an automatic machine gun was found during a car intercept in Sunbury, and in February, an M16 assault rifle and Thureon machine gun were seized in raids on homes in the city's west.

news video on increasing gun crime...shows robbery and injured...

Gun crime red zone

maybe they should pass some more "laws"...that'll show those criminals who's boss...LMAO..

LOL If it continues to increase, which it probably won't because the government will deal with the problem, but if it does, how many years do you think it will take for them to catch up with us? LOL

It is even worse than you think...the 15 year old immigrant teenager used a handgun to shoot the officer...where did he get a handgun.....?

he 15-year-old, who is of Iraqi-Kurdish background and was born in Iran, shot a New South Wales police finance worker with a handgun at close range as the man left work in the western Sydney suburb of Parramatta on Friday, police Commissioner Andrew Scipione (pictured right above, alongside state Premier Mike Baird) said. The teen then fired at responding officers, who shot and killed him, Scipione said.

LOL If it continues to increase, which it probably won't because the government will deal with the problem, but if it does, how many years do you think it will take for them to catch up with us? LOL

Not as long as you think.....

Australia has been struggling to cope with a string of homegrown terrorism crimes involving teenagers.

In September 2014, an 18-year-old was shot dead by police after stabbing two counterterrorism police officers in Melbourne. In May, police arrested a 17-year-old in Melbourne and accused him of plotting to detonate three homemade pipe bombs.

And in April, several teens were arrested on suspicion of plotting an Islamic State group-inspired terrorist attack at a Veterans’ Day ceremony that would have targeted police officers. Officials say that plot was organized by a then-14-year-old British boy, who was sentenced Friday to at least five years in custody for planning the attack from his bedroom in northwestern England.

Australia 1.4
New Zealand 1.6
Germany 1.9
Austria 2.2
Denmark 2.7
Sweden 4.1
Ireland 4.8
Canada 5.1
Luxembourg 6.2
Belgium 6.8
Switzerland 7.7
United States 29.7

No...we were scolded by our President that your gun laws are better.....but...as I have posted before, Australian gun crime is going up....and Australia confiscated guns...just like our gun grabbers want.

And now, a 15 year old, immigrant in Australia shot a police officer.......how did he get the allegedly banned gun?

Also, as I have pointed out...gun crime in Australia is confined to biker gangs, and the immigrant community......and just like Europe, immigrant gangs are using guns more and more...and they don't seem concerned with the extreme gun control in Europe or Australia.
Australia will confiscate guns, no matter who owns them. Their problem will not continue to increase, certainly not on the level of the problem the US has. One point four firearm murders per million in Australia: 27.9 in the US. If there was no action taken on the part of the Australian governmennt to stop this trend, it would still take about a hundred years for Australia to catch up with us, if not more.

It is even worse than you think...the 15 year old immigrant teenager used a handgun to shoot the officer...where did he get a handgun.....?

he 15-year-old, who is of Iraqi-Kurdish background and was born in Iran, shot a New South Wales police finance worker with a handgun at close range as the man left work in the western Sydney suburb of Parramatta on Friday, police Commissioner Andrew Scipione (pictured right above, alongside state Premier Mike Baird) said. The teen then fired at responding officers, who shot and killed him, Scipione said.
You are pathetic. What's your focus here, gun violence or racism, or both?

You are pathetic. What's your focus here, gun violence or racism, or both?

Racism...I am quoting the news story from Australia.....this points out as other stories have pointed out, that gun crime in Australia is concentrated in not only crime gangs, as it is in the United States, but also Australia's immigrant community...there have been mass shootings in Australia since the confiscation.....and one of the shooters was a Chinese immigrant who tried to shoot up his university classroom......

The point is....even people who have not been part of Australian culture for generations can get guns....recent immigrants get guns easily in a country that allegedly tightly controls their guns.....

Australia 1.4
New Zealand 1.6
Germany 1.9
Austria 2.2
Denmark 2.7
Sweden 4.1
Ireland 4.8
Canada 5.1
Luxembourg 6.2
Belgium 6.8
Switzerland 7.7
United States 29.7

Australia will confiscate guns, no matter who owns them. Their problem will not continue to increase, certainly not on the level of the problem the US has. One point four firearm murders per million in Australia: 27.9 in the US. If there was no action taken on the part of the Australian governmennt to stop this trend, it would still take about a hundred years for Australia to catch up with us, if not more.

What foriengners fail to understand is that gun violence in the United States is primarily located in very small, multi block areas in major cities, usually controlled by our democrat party. Why is the political party important...because the democrat party does not like law enforcement, and they fail to provide law enforcement enough manpower and resources to deal with crime in these small, gang infested neighborhoods. Get outside of these neighborhoods, in the larger area of these cities and outside of these cities...and our gun crime rate is as small or smaller than Europes.

Australia 1.4
New Zealand 1.6
Germany 1.9
Austria 2.2
Denmark 2.7
Sweden 4.1
Ireland 4.8
Canada 5.1
Luxembourg 6.2
Belgium 6.8
Switzerland 7.7
United States 29.7

Australia will confiscate guns, no matter who owns them.

They already did...and it didn't keep this 15 year old teenager from getting a gun....did it?

Australia 1.4
New Zealand 1.6
Germany 1.9
Austria 2.2
Denmark 2.7
Sweden 4.1
Ireland 4.8
Canada 5.1
Luxembourg 6.2
Belgium 6.8
Switzerland 7.7
United States 29.7

Australia will confiscate guns, no matter who owns them.

They already did...and it didn't keep this 15 year old teenager from getting a gun....did it?
You need to stop harrassing me with all these posts. I am no longer interested in this thread or you. You are not making any valid points whatsoever and are just a numbskull jerk. There is no logical reasoning whatsoever in your thinking: Australia has a small, nearly microscopic percentage of gun related murders compared to the US, and that is not going to change, no matter how much you hate Muslims and love guns. Go away.

Last edited:

Australia 1.4
New Zealand 1.6
Germany 1.9
Austria 2.2
Denmark 2.7
Sweden 4.1
Ireland 4.8
Canada 5.1
Luxembourg 6.2
Belgium 6.8
Switzerland 7.7
United States 29.7

It would have to increase 2100% to equal the rates in America.

I'll take it.

Forum List

Back