Australian woman killed by a police Mohammed Noor

Her character is irrelevant. She could have been unruly and a bitch. It doesn't justify being gunned down by an officer.
Sorry, NO. She didn't attack, threaten or argue with the cops. CHARACTER MATTERS.

Neither did Philando.

The two cases are so far apart it's ridiculous trying to compare them

Not really. Castille did nothing wrong. This woman did nothing wrong. We don't have all the facts but it looks like the police reacted badly.

The only difference is - you guys jumped on the bandwagon to assassinate Castille's character. But now it's a white woman. So I guess that is different?

I think police are far to quick to use lethal force.

I had little to say on Castille other than he should gave listened to the officer and not reach for anything.

Oh! There is the difference...a gun was involved

Her character is irrelevant. She could have been unruly and a bitch. It doesn't justify being gunned down by an officer.
Sorry, NO. She didn't attack, threaten or argue with the cops. CHARACTER MATTERS.

Neither did Philando.

Not really. Castille did nothing wrong. This woman did nothing wrong. We don't have all the facts but it looks like the police reacted badly.

The only difference is - you guys jumped on the bandwagon to assassinate Castille's character. But now it's a white woman. So I guess that is different?

I had little to say on Castille other than he should gave listened to the officer and not reach for anything.

Except....not really....Castille did everything he was told. Did not reach for his gun and did not have it in his hand. He should not have been shot. Shooting of Philando Castile - Wikipedia

The difference is he's a black man. This victim is a white woman. Oh and the cop is a Somali American. Can you see all the bandwagons lining up?

Neither did Philando.

Except....not really....Castille did everything he was told. Did not reach for his gun and did not have it in his hand. He should not have been shot. Shooting of Philando Castile - Wikipedia

The difference is he's a black man. This victim is a white woman. Oh and the cop is a Somali American. Can you see all the bandwagons lining up?

We've heard different versions, I notice two things, you bringing race into it and once again vehemently defending a Muslim ...somethings never change

Neither did Philando.

Yep. Quite significant.

Investigators say there is no video or audio of the shooting. Body cameras were not turned on until after the shooting. The squad camera was also not turned on.

During a news conference Tuesday night, Assistant Chief Medaria Arradondo says the city is reviewing its body camera policy. That includes focusing on how often officers activate them and the frequency in which they are activated. The department is eight months into its body camera program.

"In terms of our use of force policy, we’ve embedded the sanctity of life…not only for our officers and community members because we believe at the end of the day, everyone should go home," explained Arradondo, "that is before anything else, if you look up our use of force policy, sanctity of life should be the guiding force is how officers should be out there interacting with the community we are serving every day."

Crime scene personnel recovered a cell phone near Damond but did not locate or recover a weapon.

Officer Harrity told investigators that both he and Noor saw an 18 to 25-year-old white male bicycling eastbound on West 51st Street immediately before the shooting. The man stopped at the scene and watched as the officers tried to save Damond's life. Agents say they'd like to speak with him and any other witnesses who may have witnessed the incident, and urge them to contact the BCA at 651-793-7000.

The Minneapolis Police Department is in the process of preparing the written transcript of the 911 call and will make it public once it is complete.

The BCA says its investigation is continuing and will present its findings without recommendations to the county attorney for review once the investigation is complete.

BCA: Officer 'startled' before Damond shooting

An unarmed white woman was shot by MN Police. No protests, no rioting, no looting.

If she were black, Minneapolis would burn to the ground.

Rightfully so

At least blacks will stand up against police overreach. If a black woman, in her pajamas, was gunned down by police and the police refused to comment....there would be protests

I can't understand why nobody in Minneapolis is demanding answers
Because there is an underlying feeling that she deserved it for being white.

No one thinks she deserved to die. But people find it funny how the same white folks defending police officers and defaming the black men and women victims, all of a sudden are outraged by a police shooting and want justice for the victim. There's no mystery as why they're upset. Its because it was a white woman and the officer was black and a Muslim.

I can guarantee you that if the victim was black or even if the officer was white, there would be no outrage.
I haven't seen any riots or protests yet. So you're right, there is a difference.

The same way an unarmed black man gets killed. Police officers are poorly trained nowadays. They're arrogant and treat people like animals.
Problem is too many blacks are acting like animals.

A middle aged unarmed yoga teacher in pyjamas shot dead by a policeman through the window of the vehicle after she phoned the police twice to report that she thought a rape was occurring behind her house. It is very, very odd.

Still no statement on why he shot her. Never seen anything like this.

Really?....never?
He shot her THROUGH the police car door as she explains the reason for her call. So no, I don't recall this happening recently. Have there been bad shoots? Sure, usually under suspicious circumstances. But to shoot an unarmed woman as she stands at your car talking to you?

And why the fuck is an immigrant who has very little understanding of America in general given a damn badge? THAT is a ridiculous policy to allow.
I mean why no statement on why he shot her?

I agree miketx, it is Very suspicious to have closed the camera and moreover it could also have killed his teammate also

----------------

According to Noor’s version when they reached the end of the alley, they came across a waiting, panicking figure.

It was dark, and the figure was moving around and approached their vehicle.

Moments before as the officers drove into the alley, they noticed a young man ride past on a bicycle.

As the officers watched the cyclist ride past on the passenger side of the vehicle, they were startled by a pounding on the driver’s side, the source revealed via KSTP.

The sound led the officers to believe they were ‘caught in an ambush’ the source told, with Noor firing his gun, which was in his lap at the time.

The bullet fired past Harrity in the driver’s seat, through the open driver’s side window and struck Justine Damond in the abdomen.

Noor said he did not know whether the figure who rushed towards their vehicle was the 911 caller or even if it was a man or woman. At the time, Noor had perceived the approaching figure who Hannity was already speaking to as a threat.

Both he and Harrity gave CPR to the victim before help and back up arrived, with Damond pronounced dead at the scene shortly after.

Mohamed Noor ambushed: How I shot Justine Damond by mistake - Scallywag and Vagabond

Neither did Philando.

We've heard different versions, I notice two things, you bringing race into it and once again vehemently defending a Muslim ...somethings never change

Haven't defended him. Try again liar.

What I said: We don't have all the facts but it looks like the police reacted badly.

Oh and look at you, you have to bring muslims into it.

Really?....never?
He shot her THROUGH the police car door as she explains the reason for her call. So no, I don't recall this happening recently. Have there been bad shoots? Sure, usually under suspicious circumstances. But to shoot an unarmed woman as she stands at your car talking to you?

And why the fuck is an immigrant who has very little understanding of America in general given a damn badge? THAT is a ridiculous policy to allow.

I agree miketx, it is Very suspicious to have closed the camera and moreover it could also have killed his teammate also

----------------

According to Noor’s version when they reached the end of the alley, they came across a waiting, panicking figure.

Moments before as the officers drove into the alley, they noticed a young man ride past on a bicycle.

As the officers watched the cyclist ride past on the passenger side of the vehicle, they were startled by a pounding on the driver’s side, the source revealed via KSTP.

The sound led the officers to believe they were ‘caught in an ambush’ the source told, with Noor firing his gun, which was in his lap at the time.

The bullet fired past Harrity in the driver’s seat, through the open driver’s side window and struck Justine Damond in the abdomen.

Noor said he did not know whether the figure who rushed towards their vehicle was the 911 caller or even if it was a man or woman. At the time, Noor had perceived the approaching figure who Hannity was already speaking to as a threat.

Both he and Harrity gave CPR to the victim before help and back up arrived, with Damond pronounced dead at the scene shortly after.

Mohamed Noor ambushed: How I shot Justine Damond by mistake - Scallywag and Vagabond
If that report is true he and the department are screwed. Gun on the lap? Firing without seeing the target? Horrible case but people need to know not to spook cops these days. They are jumpy, and not without reason but they can be legally wrong and you legally dead.

Really?....never?

----------------

If that report is true he and the department are screwed. Gun on the lap? Firing without seeing the target? Horrible case but people need to know not to spook cops these days. They are jumpy, and not without reason but they can be legally wrong and you legally dead.

That's just it. They're too quick to react with lethal force.

What I said: We don't have all the facts but it looks like the police reacted badly.

Watch who you call a liar, slug and give it time, you can't help yourself when it comes to Muzzies.

Ask anyone

Watch who you call a liar, slug and give it time, you can't help yourself when it comes to Muzzies.

Ask anyone

I am calling YOU a liar because I haven't defended him in the least.

Really?....never?

----------------

That's just it. They're too quick to react with lethal force.
Yes, but it's easy to Monday morning quarterback from the safety of our computers.

Ask anyone

I am calling YOU a liar because I haven't defended him in the least.

Call away and I'm calling YOU an Islamapologist, deny it and YOU are a liar

Forum List

Back