Authorities Should Do Something About These Empty Gas Stations In Florida!

JimofPennsylvan

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2007
It was reported in the media that Floridians evacuating Hurricane Milton are facing a high number of "gas stations running out of gas" on the route they are taking to get out of this hurricane's path; this should be totally unacceptable to the American people. I am not one of these Americans that cavalierly says authorities aren't doing enough to help victims in the South harmed by Hurricane Helene and other natural disasters facing these communities, I am sure there is countless Americans busting their hump to help these people. I am not finger pointing about how this could have happened but this problem should be rectified immediately. Imagine the fear that these evacuating families are going through especially if they have young children in the car with them if the car runs out of gas and one of the parents has to leave the car and go searching the community to get a gas can and then find gas or if the evacuee is a young women and runs out of gas and has to worry about being assaulted during her search for gasoline.

The National Guard should set up emergency gasoline fill-up stations on the side of the roads where these desperate drives can get ten to fifteen gallons of gas so they can make it to gas stations that have gasoline. Guardsman could use five gallon gas containers open the gas cap on these desperate drivers cars and just pour in the gasoline. Authorities know well where the empty gas stations are so they know where these stations are needed and they could transfer the gasoline in five gallon containers and use chinook helicopters to ferry the containers right to the stations on the side of the road and then to gas stations that have gasoline use those plastic containers eight feet by four feet that have wheels on them that people use to collect trash to roll the containers on and off the Chinooks. As the media reports more and more gas stations on the escape routes are running out of gasolines, Floridians in Hurricane Miltons path may be discouraged and think to themselves I will never make it if I try to evacuate because my car will run out of gasoline before I get out of harms way so I will just try to ride out the storm at my home and that is a disastrous idea that will cause the deaths of some of these people. Because the weather experts tell us that many of these Floridians living on the coast will face an ocean water surge of ten to fifteen feet and sustained winds of one hundred and twenty-five miles per hour meaning their homes will be carried away by the hurricane!

It was reported in the media that Floridians evacuating Hurricane Milton are facing a high number of "gas stations running out of gas" on the route they are taking to get out of this hurricane's path; this should be totally unacceptable to the American people. I am not one of these Americans that cavalierly says authorities aren't doing enough to help victims in the South harmed by Hurricane Helene and other natural disasters facing these communities, I am sure there is countless Americans busting their hump to help these people. I am not finger pointing about how this could have happened but this problem should be rectified immediately. Imagine the fear that these evacuating families are going through especially if they have young children in the car with them if the car runs out of gas and one of the parents has to leave the car and go searching the community to get a gas can and then find gas or if the evacuee is a young women and runs out of gas and has to worry about being assaulted during her search for gasoline.

The National Guard should set up emergency gasoline fill-up stations on the side of the roads where these desperate drives can get ten to fifteen gallons of gas so they can make it to gas stations that have gasoline. Guardsman could use five gallon gas containers open the gas cap on these desperate drivers cars and just pour in the gasoline. Authorities know well where the empty gas stations are so they know where these stations are needed and they could transfer the gasoline in five gallon containers and use chinook helicopters to ferry the containers right to the stations on the side of the road and then to gas stations that have gasoline use those plastic containers eight feet by four feet that have wheels on them that people use to collect trash to roll the containers on and off the Chinooks. As the media reports more and more gas stations on the escape routes are running out of gasolines, Floridians in Hurricane Miltons path may be discouraged and think to themselves I will never make it if I try to evacuate because my car will run out of gasoline before I get out of harms way so I will just try to ride out the storm at my home and that is a disastrous idea that will cause the deaths of some of these people. Because the weather experts tell us that many of these Floridians living on the coast will face an ocean water surge of ten to fifteen feet and sustained winds of one hundred and twenty-five miles per hour meaning their homes will be carried away by the hurricane!
And who would know this better than Ron duhSantis, 46 year old Governor and lifetime Florida resident who's seen scores of these... And who had the power to do something about it.

But so many people are evacuating because of the larger than normal impact area and strength .. not to mention the explosive population growth in the last 3 years, that even some prepositioning of (if any) tankers wasn't enough.

Forum List

Back