Unmarked military helicopter rotor washes NC relief supplies.

The privately owned helicopter had not coordinated with rescue personnel on the ground as requested. Pilots who refuse to cooperate with standard safety procedures are a danger to and a distraction from ongoing recovery efforts.

Fuck off

Hanlon's razor applies. “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

They were attempting to deliver generators, but there was obviously a lack of communications.

He was looking for a place to land, but there was no place to land, and the people on the ground were waving him off, and yes- he was making bit of a mess but he moved off right away.

You won't find nimrods driving Blackhawks. If that was an R-44, I would say okay- but Blackhawks are not toys- those guys are pros, he was only trying to execute his mission.

There was no intent to cause a problem on the ground, it was just a lack of coordination between the NCNG and the civilians who were running the supply outpost.

That makes no sense either.

If these people asked for generators to be delivered, they would know what the helicopter was doing.

There would be no reason to investigate.

I need a link to that bullshit story. No pilot worth a fuck would have done that.
I already posted the link for Nostra.

Look, I know if Trump was in office every lefty on this board would be screaming to high heaven that Trump was trying to kill black people or something.

But your assumption that this was an attempt to hamper relief efforts is equally unfounded, this was just a lack of communications and no harm done.

Last edited:
I already posted the link for Nostra.

Look, I know if Trump was in office every lefty on this board would be screaming to high heaven that Trump was trying to kill black people of something.

But your assumption that this was an attempt to hamper relief efforts is equally unfounded, this was just a lack of communications and no harm done.
I didn’t see the link. But the fact is any pilot worth a shit knew from a quarter mile away there was nowhere to land. Any other excuse is bullshit. They knew but did it anyway.

That makes no sense either.

If these people asked for generators to be delivered, they would know what the helicopter was doing.

There would be no reason to investigate.
They are investigating because there was a social media backlash over a few blown over tents, and they have to say something.

I expect there will be some kind of joint statement by the NGO and the NCNG to smooth out the fuss.

We don't know what they did or didn't know on the ground, whether they were expecting the delivery or not- if they needed generators they may have had no way to communicate with the helo.

I'm sure that group has people in some town or city that is trying to coordinate deliveries, but they may not have the best communications between them and they are just trying to do the best they can with limited resources.

They are investigating because there was a social media backlash over a few blown over tents, and they have to say something.

I expect there will be some kind of joint statement by the NGO and the NCNG to smooth out the fuss.

We don't know what they did or didn't know on the ground, whether they were expecting the delivery or not- if they needed generators they may have had no way to communicate with the helo.

I'm sure that group has people in some town or city that is trying to coordinate deliveries, but they may not have the best communications between them and they are just trying to do the best they can with limited resources.

People at the scene are the ones who posted the video.

It seems they would know what was going on.

If you're expecting a delivery of generators, you would have a spot for the generators to be delivered. No??

I didn’t see the link. But the fact is any pilot worth a shit knew from a quarter mile away there was nowhere to land. Any other excuse is bullshit. They knew but did it anyway.
These are military pilots. They aren't just going to turn around from 1/4 mile away and abort the mission.

I'm sure they were talking to each other, "do you see a good place to put down?" "I don't know, what about that little open spot on the left?"

They moved closer to see if it would work, and moved off when it was clear it wouldn't. It doesn't look in that video like there is a lot of clear area around that site.

If you're expecting a delivery of generators, you would have a spot for the generators to be delivered. No??
You would certainly think the they weren’t going to be delivered by helicopter to the middle of your relief tents.

It didn't appear in the video that the person who narrated it had any idea when the hell was going on.

In a perfect world? They would plan the LZ before ever pitching a tent. It's not a perfect world. It's a citizen's group doing hurricane relief...

Why are the helicopters unmarked?

Why are they doing this?

“An unmarked helicopter flew in and attempted to destroy the distrubution [sic] area that was set up by locals for locals,” TikToker Josh Thomas wrote in his video’s caption, posted yesterady. “Local PD didn’t know about [the helicopter] after they responded to the scene shortly after.”

Thomas said the incident occurred in Burnsville."

"Another aid distribution site was affected, as seen in a TikTok posted by user @ezenuff007. In the TikTok, a helicopter flies low to a distribution site in a parking lot and supplies and items start swirling in the air. Then, the helicopter flies away.

“That helicopter just came around here and kicked up everything,” @enenuff007 says in his TikTok. “That was crazy.”

These helicopters have prompted further fears that the government—for unknown reasons—is trying to sabotage any effort to aid victims.

I would not be surprised.

These are military pilots. They aren't just going to turn around from 1/4 mile away and abort the mission.

I'm sure they were talking to each other, "do you see a good place to put down?" "I don't know, what about that little open spot on the left?"

They moved closer to see if it would work, and moved off when it was clear it wouldn't. It doesn't look in that video like there is a lot of clear area around that site.
Like they’re landing at Walmart and see an open parking space? They aren’t in a war zone taking fire you idiot. They’re delivering supply’s. Rule one is maybe don’t destroy the supplies that are there to deliver yours to a civilian tent camp.

And helicopters trying to land on their tents.

:rolleyes:
I'm sure they will take them to an airport and deliver them by truck, but again- it's a hurricane relief. If they can deliver it directly to where it's needed, that is preferable. That's why there are using helos.

You guys are getting all wound up by a video on social media. I doubt the person who edited the video with the narrative is the same person who filmed it on his cell phone. It got posted to someone's facebook or something, and grabbed and edited and reposted with a bunch of pearl clutching commentary...

I'm sure they will take them to an airport and deliver them by truck, but again- it's a hurricane relief. If they can deliver it directly to where it's needed, that is preferable. That's why there are using helos.

You guys are getting all wound up by a video on social media. I doubt the person who edited the video with the narrative is the same person who filmed it on his cell phone. It got posted to someone's facebook or something, and grabbed and edited and reposted with a bunch of pearl grabbing commentary...
What the hell was there to edit?

You guys are getting all wound up by a video on social media. I doubt the person who edited the video with the narrative is the same person who filmed it on his cell phone. It got posted to someone's facebook or something, and grabbed and edited and reposted with a bunch of pearl clutching commentary...

That's possible.

The truth will eventually come out.

The text narrative was not put there by the cell phone, it was done with a video editing program. Then it got reposted with some conspiracy theory commentary, and here we are...
Yeah, wasn’t the chopper fucking things up it was the words. Get a grip.

Like they’re landing at Walmart and see an open parking space? They aren’t in a war zone taking fire you idiot. They’re delivering supply’s. Rule one is maybe don’t destroy the supplies that are there to deliver yours to a civilian tent camp.
They are still military pilots, and the mindset is complete the mission.

I have done go-arounds, and I have done a couple landings when I should have gone around. And I'm just a civilian pilot, but it's not that easy- your mind is saying "I got this..."

Forum List

Back