Autumn gas prices fall like leaves. Thanks Obama

Tell you what I have a deal for all the lefties who want to give Obama credit when gas prices fall I will go along with you on the condition you give Obama the blame when gas prices rise do we have a deal?

If gas prices go down over the next 3+ years, Obama gets the credit. If they go up, Bush gets the blame. You obviously didn't get the memo?http://www.usmessageboard.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

Yeah I never read memos but I really didn't need one to know no one from the left would accept my offer.

after Five years under his rule gas prices finally fall so that is all thanks to the Obambam

do we bow now?

Just imagine what Obama could do if he approved the pipeline, wasn't warmongering in the middle east, ended moritorums on offshore drilling, and supported American drilling instead of funding Brazil and China's drilling.

The pipeline has no bearing on gas prices or our supply. All it does is make it easier for Canada to ship raw material to Houston (conveniently located on the Gulf of Mexico) where it can be refined and plunked on ships bound for China and India. That's it.

:rolleyes:

petroleum products are fungible globally.....you could make the same case fo the Alaskan pipeline product(s) too;)

Will gas prices fall below $3 a gallon this autumn is a far better question. Yes, by the time 2016 rolls around President Obama will have America's economy humming again for the better. Enter Hillary Clinton.

Autumn gas prices fall like leaves

Will gas prices fall to $3 a gallon this autumn?

I guess this is like the Nobel Peace Prize. We'll just give Obama credit for doing something that hasn't even happened yet.

You shitbags are so pathetic. Obama's record is so horrible you now have to predict good news is going to happen and just give all the credit to him.

Of course the gas price is never going to drop below $3 anyway.

Never? We will mark your words for posterity pal. We will indeed.
Nope..Obama: "I would be comfortable with four dollar gas"...
Those are words Obama used during his first campaign...
Over the last 5 years, each time the price of gas threatened to fall below $3, there was a price spike. In each instance the marketplace was influenced by some federal action or policy.
Obama has shown over the course of his presidency, he is willing to see high energy prices because he is pot committed to his so called 'green initiative"
It's not the fact that green energy is a bad idea. It's Obama's insistence that it happen NOW. Well before the technology is available and affordable.

You certainly are, CrusaderFrank, you certainly are.

It takes one to know one, right.

Those of us from right of center to left of center are not confused by the blinders of far lefties or like you from the far right or libertarian wings.

We know that presidents have almost no effect on the rise and fall of gasoline prices.

Pay attention, and you can learn.

I guess this is like the Nobel Peace Prize. We'll just give Obama credit for doing something that hasn't even happened yet.

You shitbags are so pathetic. Obama's record is so horrible you now have to predict good news is going to happen and just give all the credit to him.

Over the last 5 years, each time the price of gas threatened to fall below $3, there was a price spike. In each instance the marketplace was influenced by some federal action or policy.
Obama has shown over the course of his presidency, he is willing to see high energy prices because he is pot committed to his so called 'green initiative"
It's not the fact that green energy is a bad idea. It's Obama's insistence that it happen NOW. Well before the technology is available and affordable.

You are an idiot, congrats.

You guys do know that gas prices generally drop this time of year don't you? Summer is over the holiday season travel season has not started yet I know this is difficult for some but think about it and it will actually make sense to you. Maybe.

Tell you what I have a deal for all the lefties who want to give Obama credit when gas prices fall I will go along with you on the condition you give Obama the blame when gas prices rise do we have a deal?

If gas prices go down over the next 3+ years, Obama gets the credit. If they go up, Bush gets the blame. You obviously didn't get the memo?http://www.usmessageboard.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

Yeah I never read memos but I really didn't need one to know no one from the left would accept my offer.

Why would anybody take that "offer"? It's a double fallacy. No POTUS controls gas prices.

Presidents don't spike or drop gas prices. They just don't.

ooooooh really, why then was gasoline less than $2.00 a gallon before that muslime mulatto's coronation ??

HUH ?????

Two reasons.....

President of The United States of America, George Walker Bush had just implemented Energy Policies that made it easier to drill and explore for oil and those policies were just starting to have an effect.

Most notably his lifting of the Executive Ban on offshore drilling. Even though the move was largely symbolic, it proved to Oil Producers (especially the ragheads in the ME) that America was serious about Oil Independence

2) The economy sucked.

OBTW, the Stuttering Clusterfuck Of A Miserable Failure reversed most of those policies.

Post Carbon - Obama administration reimposes offshore oil drilling ban

#2 is correct but on #1 you are truly an idiot to end all idiots. No amount of oil drilling or not-drilling could dump gas prices like that. For one thing, George Bush doesn't drill -- oil companies drill. Nothing a POTUS does or doesn't do can force them to drill, and they're going to drill where and when it's most profitable internationally. The price drop of 2008 (after setting record highs in the summer) had everything to do with the economic meltdown of that autumn, and nothing to do with energy policies. Bush's own EIA estimated that removing all OCS and ANWR restrictions would dip the price of a barrel by literally pocket change, and that even that would take 22 years. So once again you're full of shit.

gas prices have dropped because of a surplus of summer blend.
gas prices have dropped since Syria is not being attacked by the US.
gas prices I can assure you will go back up.

WTF! Are you in Cali or something?

It's $4.39 here. What drop in gas prices are you talking about?

I filled up today for $2.88 a gallon. :D
Location, location, location. (Virginia)

Avg gas price in Virginia is $3.19 /gal. So what favors did you do for such a low price? I'm paying $3.31 /gal here and I live 5 miles from a gas refinery, which is across the road from a gas station.

Last edited:

I don't see a link to him actually saying that.

Gingrich said Obama wants gasoline prices to get to the European levels of $9 or $10 a gallon, but that “he just wants it to be gradual.” But that’s not what Obama said. Rather, when asked in 2008 about then-$4 per gallon gasoline prices, and whether that could be a good thing to encourage people toward alternative energy, Obama responded that he “would have preferred a gradual adjustment” because “the fact that this is such a shock to American pocketbooks is not a good thing.” He said nothing of wanting to goose gasoline prices to European levels, gradually or otherwise.

Funny how what you said is nowhere near what he actually said.

Obama Wanted Higher Gasoline Prices?

gas prices have dropped because of a surplus of summer blend.
gas prices have dropped since Syria is not being attacked by the US.
gas prices I can assure you will go back up.

yep...

just as sure as the sun will rise in the east this morning...

btw... thanks for that, President Obama... :)

Forum List

Back