🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Autumn gas prices fall like leaves. Thanks Obama

gas prices have dropped because of a surplus of summer blend.
gas prices have dropped since Syria is not being attacked by the US.
gas prices I can assure you will go back up.

yep...

just as sure as the sun will rise in the east this morning...

btw... thanks for that, President Obama... :)

I call him Oblama in recognition of balckploitation films of my youth.

If gas prices go down over the next 3+ years, Obama gets the credit. If they go up, Bush gets the blame. You obviously didn't get the memo?http://www.usmessageboard.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

Yeah I never read memos but I really didn't need one to know no one from the left would accept my offer.

Why would anybody take that "offer"? It's a double fallacy. No POTUS controls gas prices.

I know that the offer was simply to highlight the partisan silliness over Presidents and gas prices.

It's $4.39 here. What drop in gas prices are you talking about?

I filled up today for $2.88 a gallon. :D
Location, location, location. (Virginia)

Avg gas price in Virginia is $3.19 /gal. So what favors did you do for such a low price? I'm paying $3.31 /gal here and I live 5 miles from a gas refinery, which is across the road from a gas station.

No "favors" -- it's knowing where to look. Price variations have to do with local taxes, not proximity to a refinery. $2.88 was in Harrisonburg, which is a known cheap spot.

However I just did a quick check and I see another station where it's going for $2.85 :bang3:

Gingrich said Obama wants gasoline prices to get to the European levels of $9 or $10 a gallon, but that “he just wants it to be gradual.” But that’s not what Obama said. Rather, when asked in 2008 about then-$4 per gallon gasoline prices, and whether that could be a good thing to encourage people toward alternative energy, Obama responded that he “would have preferred a gradual adjustment” because “the fact that this is such a shock to American pocketbooks is not a good thing.” He said nothing of wanting to goose gasoline prices to European levels, gradually or otherwise.

Funny how what you said is nowhere near what he actually said.

Obama Wanted Higher Gasoline Prices?

Actually the proposal was attributed to current Energy Secretary, Steven Chu.
Chu proposed US gas prices be gradually lifted to match those paid by the average European driver...
Shortly after this statement, Chu was nominated and was confirmed to the DOE Sec'y post.
If it's an Obama staffer appointed to serve at the 'pleasure of the President' that person's words represent the will of the President.

Here's the quote..The American Spectator : The Chu Plan..
ANy questions? No? Good..

It's $4.39 here. What drop in gas prices are you talking about?

I filled up today for $2.88 a gallon. :D
Location, location, location. (Virginia)

Avg gas price in Virginia is $3.19 /gal. So what favors did you do for such a low price? I'm paying $3.31 /gal here and I live 5 miles from a gas refinery, which is across the road from a gas station.

Virginia's gas tax is one of the lowest in the US....11 cents per gallon.
There is also this insidious policy where distributors charge by 'zone'..
No one except the retailers know what criteria distributors use to determine what a pricing zone is. Gas prices around here make no sense either.
In my town there are several stations.
Some are company owned. Some are franchises owned by distributors or private retailers. Some are independent, but display a certain brand of gasoline.
Most gas stations buy their gas on consignment. The distributor owns the pumps and the tanks in the ground at the point of sale.
The distributor controls the prices.
For example..At one intersection there is a station selling Pure branded fuel. The owner of this store owns the tanks and the pumps. The only obligation this one has is that it sells Pure approved fuels. This store uses 'jobbers'. Which allows much greater flexibility.
The owner shops around through the jobbers for the best price.
Meanwhile across the street is a 7-11 selling Exxon branded gas. This is a franchise from which his gas comes from a single distributor. Due to competition from across the street, the 7-11 has to match the price of the Pure station which is usually lower.
And then about one mile away is a new QT station....That one undercuts all the local stations by a penny or two. It's always busy.

Gingrich said Obama wants gasoline prices to get to the European levels of $9 or $10 a gallon, but that “he just wants it to be gradual.” But that’s not what Obama said. Rather, when asked in 2008 about then-$4 per gallon gasoline prices, and whether that could be a good thing to encourage people toward alternative energy, Obama responded that he “would have preferred a gradual adjustment” because “the fact that this is such a shock to American pocketbooks is not a good thing.” He said nothing of wanting to goose gasoline prices to European levels, gradually or otherwise.

Chu proposed US gas prices be gradually lifted to match those paid by the average European driver...
Shortly after this statement, Chu was nominated and was confirmed to the DOE Sec'y post.
If it's an Obama staffer appointed to serve at the 'pleasure of the President' that person's words represent the will of the President.

I don't play tennis, but I think the saying is set, match and game.

I don't play tennis, but I think the saying is set, match and game.

Game, set, match.

Never? We will mark your words for posterity pal. We will indeed.
Nope..Obama: "I would be comfortable with four dollar gas"...
Those are words Obama used during his first campaign...
Over the last 5 years, each time the price of gas threatened to fall below $3, there was a price spike. In each instance the marketplace was influenced by some federal action or policy.
Obama has shown over the course of his presidency, he is willing to see high energy prices because he is pot committed to his so called 'green initiative"
It's not the fact that green energy is a bad idea. It's Obama's insistence that it happen NOW. Well before the technology is available and affordable.

I don't see a link to him actually saying that.
I will find the quote. Meanwhile...
Obama Called High Gas Prices A Crisis in 2008; Now They're Called Progress - Investors.com

Obama Wants High Gas Prices - The Rush Limbaugh Show...
Watch the video...it's 54 seconds. Obama dances around the question "will higher energy prices help Americans"..
Obama could not say they would not.
He rambles on about 'adjustments'..Please...

Will gas prices fall below $3 a gallon this autumn is a far better question. Yes, by the time 2016 rolls around President Obama will have America's economy humming again for the better. Enter Hillary Clinton.

Autumn gas prices fall like leaves

Will gas prices fall to $3 a gallon this autumn?

Already on a 23-straight-day slide, regular unleaded gas now averages $3.46 a gallon — the lowest national average since January, and 35 cents less than year-ago levels. Prices are expected to drop another 20 to 25 cents in the coming weeks.
sounds good except last weekend i paid $3.73, today it was $3.77. its going the wrong way. don't pat yourself on the back until it actually starts to happen

Will gas prices fall below $3 a gallon this autumn is a far better question. Yes, by the time 2016 rolls around President Obama will have America's economy humming again for the better. Enter Hillary Clinton.

Already on a 23-straight-day slide, regular unleaded gas now averages $3.46 a gallon — the lowest national average since January, and 35 cents less than year-ago levels. Prices are expected to drop another 20 to 25 cents in the coming weeks.
sounds good except last weekend i paid $3.73, today it was $3.77. its going the wrong way. don't pat yourself on the back until it actually starts to happen

These Obama sycophants give the Chosen One credit for sunny days and blame Bush for Hurricanes, Snow storms and earthquakes.

These Obama sycophants give the Chosen One credit for sunny days and blame Bush for Hurricanes, Snow storms and earthquakes.

You obviously are a Bush sycophant.

I just heard that gas will be close to $2 dollars a gal by October, 2016, just in time to elect Hillary. It's a conspiracy I tell ya, a conspiracy!

I just heard that gas will be close to $2 dollars a gal by October, 2016, just in time to elect Hillary. It's a conspiracy I tell ya, a conspiracy!

if they do, she should not be elected on the principle of it. if they are going to make the game that obvious and we continue to allow them to be in office, something is really wrong with us.

I had a zit on my ass. It hurt. It's gone. Praise the Obama! :bowdown:

where do they brew idiots like OP - in the isolated incubator? :rolleyes:

gas prices have been stable fluctuating from 3.50 to 4.10 for the whole obama reign. now they are around 3.85 where I live

kidrocs must be using NYC public transport and has never tanked a car in the last 4.5 years :lol:

Last edited:
where do they brew idiots like op - in the isolated incubator? :rolleyes:

Gas prices have been stable fluctuating from 3.50 to 4.10 for the whole obama reign. Now they are around 3.85 where i live

kidrocs must be using nyc public transport and has never tanked a car in the last 4.5 years :lol:

$shortbus.JPG

You obviously are a Bush sycophant.

You are incredibly original..
Since you opened the door.
Here's a list of items Bush supported to which I objected.
NO child left behind. Dumbest law ever written for public education. The federal government blew tons of money on a feel good idea.
Medicare Prescription Drug Modernization Act...the intent of this law was to lower costs. It didn't. It lowered the price. Costs kept rising. The funding fell far behind the costs.
The tax rebate. Stupid idea. The intent was to give people some money thinking they would spend it. Like we did, we just sent it right back to the government on April 15th when we paid our taxes. Many others used it to pay bills.
You on the other hand cannot name one single thing Obama has proposed or implemented that you can unconditionally disagree with.
All of you Obama followers are the same. The guy is your Messiah. You worship him.

Forum List

Back