🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Jon, you are entitled to wet yourself over a movie, but when you come in here, screaming and whining because someone else DARED not to agree with you that it was the bestest experience EVER, don't expect not to be called out and sneered at.

Appears to me you are the one screaming and whining because someone else liked it. That's the beauty of opinions, ain't it?

Is it my fault you didn't read the post I was responding to, which said he was "kept guessing the whole time"?

Except I did read it. I've even made comments related to it.

A Clockwork Orange, dumbass.

Where did I call the plot brilliant? I didn't. It's quite good, but I was the first to admit it wasn't original. It's well-told, and the story progresses quite well. The characters are developed, and there are not a lot of filler scenes.

But to say that telegraphing the entire plot of the movie in the first five minutes is "foreshadowing" is just stupid.

Interesting, at first it was "15 minutes before it happened," and now the ENTIRE plot was telegraphed in the first 5 minutes. The truth is...the story of Turok-Machto was told in the beginning, and Jake tames Turok in the END. There's a good hour to hour and a half lag between the two. Again, not sure what other plot "twists" you predicted, but even Grace's death and Jake giving up his human body took place almost an hour apart.

To say you didn't notice that it was screaming political messages right and left? That's not even stupid. That's willfully gullible.

Again, the plot of this movie was written about 13 years ago, and even then it was hardly original. It's a basic plot that's been told countless times. And, since you are a rabid rightwing buffoon, I'm assuming your problem is that most of the messages seemed to be liberal, right? I guess it's a shame then that James Cameron is not even a liberal, but a moderate. He actually donated to Hillary, and then McCain. He also donated to Clinton during his presidential campaigns, and Bush during his. But hey, I wouldn't expect you to know much about anything that wasn't on Huckabee last night.

It was obvious in the first few minutes once you see the "hero" and his Avatar what will happen in regards that plot line. It is instantly obvious what will happen as soon as the tribe adopts him and the mercenaries have him spy on them.

It is further quite obvious what will happen once you find out souls can be transferred. And the plot line about Gaia helping is also obvious the instant you find out the natives can communicate directly with the planet.

I LOVED the movie because while all quite obvious it was a VERY good SCI FI plot. Including the obvious propaganda. Standard fare for Sci Fi plots.

Man is bad guy, aliens are good guys. Hero joins aliens. Man exploits aliens. All very standard for a SCI FI plot.

Good Lord......It's just a freakin movie! All you had to do was watch every single commercial on TV about it before it hit the theaters and you knew the entire plot. But all of the politicizing of a freakin movie is hilarious to watch. Some of you PLEASE watch the movie "Up" and come back and tell me what kind of message it was supposed to be sending out. Please!!

IGNORING reality is not a good sign. The movie WAS one big piece of propaganda. BUT it is standard fare as a story line for SCI FI, even if the writer had no axe to grind. Just enjoy the movie. It is a GREAT movie.

Good Lord......It's just a freakin movie! All you had to do was watch every single commercial on TV about it before it hit the theaters and you knew the entire plot. But all of the politicizing of a freakin movie is hilarious to watch. Some of you PLEASE watch the movie "Up" and come back and tell me what kind of message it was supposed to be sending out. Please!!

IGNORING reality is not a good sign. The movie WAS one big piece of propaganda. BUT it is standard fare as a story line for SCI FI, even if the writer had no axe to grind. Just enjoy the movie. It is a GREAT movie.

That's what I figured. I watched the hidef previews for it awhile ago now, and I thought then that it looked fantastic. I like sifi, and I don't give a damn what the story is about. I want to watch it and enjoy it for what it is.

My buddy gave me a bootlegged copy yesterday. Awesome graphics but still not 100% believeable perfect. I'm up to the part where they escaped with the chopper and are setting up for the battle with the corp.

Well, after reading a few posts in here, there is no reason to see this movie now. Thanks spoilers.

4216030729_4c7b4722ce_o.jpg

I enjoyed the movie, although the concept of an anti-capitalist/anti-colonialism movie intended to make a profit in the capitalist free market strikes me as amusingly ironic. The 3-D they used was far better than I expected, although trying to focus on a part of the shot other than that on which the camera is focusing can be mildly unsettling and disorienting. The race relations commentary was kept at a minimum and the Colonel's racial comments came across as ultimately tied more to socio-economic and ideological differences than racial ones, which was a good call in my opinion. The enviroment was very visually engrossing and leadsto many 'I wonder how that works' moments without being distract6ing, and the storyline was quite strong and interesting, which makes this movie much better than the special-effects movie I was afraid it would be. Even the 3-D was used as a tool to further draw the viewer into the movie as opposed to coming across as a novelty as in some films.

All in all, another great work to add to James Cameron's outstanding resume'.

Just saw it again (third time), and I still don't understand the hate. It's such a great movie experience. Honestly, if the movie were filmed with no special effects, the story would still be good. And if the movie had an awful story and only special effects, it would still be worth watching in theaters. But this movie has both.

Also, this movie is almost two weeks old, and it was still sold out in my theater for all showings. This will easily outgross The Dark Knight, and possibly Return of the King. It's already made $625 million worldwide in just 10 days. Return of the King had a 44% drop from its first weekend, which was the same opening weekend Avatar had. Avatar had less than a 2% drop. Let's put it this way, by the end of the week, it will be one of the top 25 highest grossing movies of all time...in only 2 weeks. I still don't think it will come close to Titanic, but it WILL do extremely well during a six month run.

Last edited:
Just saw it again (third time), and I still don't understand the hate. It's such a great movie experience. Honestly, if the movie were filmed with no special effects, the story would still be good. And if the movie had an awful story and only special effects, it would still be worth watching in theaters. But this movie has both.

Also, this movie is almost two weeks old, and it was still sold out in my theater for all showings. This will easily outgross The Dark Knight, and possibly Return of the King. It's already made $625 million worldwide in just 10 days. Return of the King had a 44% drop from its first weekend, which was the same opening weekend Avatar had. Avatar had less than a 2% drop. Let's put it this way, by the end of the week, it will be one of the top 25 highest grossing movies of all time...in only 2 weeks. I still don't think it will come close to Titanic, but it WILL do extremely well during a six month run.

Good for you. You LOVE the movie. You have made that ABUNDANTLY clear.

I think you've become are emotionally attached to the movie and because of that you want everyone to validate your opinion.

I think you've become are emotionally attached to the movie and because of that you want everyone to validate your opinion.

Good for you. You HATE the movie. You have made that ABUNDANTLY clear.

What's worse? Someone who goes online to share interests with people, or someone who goes online to cry about something he doesn't like?

Good for you. You HATE the movie. You have made that ABUNDANTLY clear.

What's worse? Someone who goes online to share interests with people, or someone who goes online to cry about something he doesn't like?

No, I didn't hate the movie. I thought it was OK and I said so. You are emotionally attached to the movie, I'm not. It did exactly what I expect a movie to do, entertain me for a few hours.

Last edited:
I don't see how you think I am emotionally attached to the movie. In fact, the very notion is stupid.

You paid to see the movie 3 times in 2 weeks
You have ferociously defended the movie against any and all criticism
You have attacked anyone who disagrees with your love of the cartoon movie
You have made at least 20 posts on the subject.

I dunno, maybe I am wrong, but I'd say you're deeply attached to the blue monkey cartoon movie...:rofl:

I have no issue with you loving the movie. It is your life. But to praise and defend it as if it is a life changing cultural experience is silly. It is a cartoon movie with a weak story countered by stunning visual effects. It was bubble gum entertainment for 3 hours. No more, no less.

Last edited:

So enjoying a movie means I am "emotionally attached?" What an asinine assumption.

Wrong. Even I have criticized parts of the movie. It's not perfect, no movie is.

I have pointed out when people have made stupid arguments.

And you have made 9. Point?

I dunno, maybe I am wrong

You've said one thing that makes sense.

But to praise and defend it as if it is a life changing cultural experience is silly.

Where did I ever make even the closest comment to that? Nowhere.

It is a cartoon movie with a weak story countered by stunning visual effects. It was bubble gum entertainment for 3 hours. No more, no less.

No. Weak story countered by stunning visual effects = Transformers. Decent story countered by unmatched visual effects = Avatar. Bubble gum entertainment? Hardly. Do you even know what that phrase implies? Clearly not.

I don't see how you think I am emotionally attached to the movie. In fact, the very notion is stupid.

I dunno, maybe I am wrong, but I'd say you're deeply attached to the blue monkey cartoon movie...:rofl:

I have no issue with you loving the movie. It is your life. But to praise and defend it as if it is a life changing cultural experience is silly. It is a cartoon movie with a weak story countered by stunning visual effects. It was bubble gum entertainment for 3 hours. No more, no less.

Don't knock it...Jon needed a life changing experience.:lol:...just sayin:lol:

So enjoying a movie means I am "emotionally attached?" What an asinine assumption.

Wrong. Even I have criticized parts of the movie. It's not perfect, no movie is.

I have pointed out when people have made stupid arguments.

And you have made 9. Point?

You've said one thing that makes sense.

But to praise and defend it as if it is a life changing cultural experience is silly.

Where did I ever make even the closest comment to that? Nowhere.

It is a cartoon movie with a weak story countered by stunning visual effects. It was bubble gum entertainment for 3 hours. No more, no less.

No. Weak story countered by stunning visual effects = Transformers. Decent story countered by unmatched visual effects = Avatar. Bubble gum entertainment? Hardly. Do you even know what that phrase implies? Clearly not.

Thanks for proving my point. :rofl: Make sure you wear a condom when you watch "Dances with Wolves in Outer Space".

PS- I have made 9 posts on this thread counting this one- you have made 29.....so far. I am confident you'll come back with number 30 soon.....:cuckoo:

Last edited:
Absolutely amazing.

This movie was just fantastic.

The plot is typical Hollywood liberal shit, but the show was absolutely amazing.

I saw it in Imax 3D. I thought I was watching something more than just a movie. I walked out of the movie thinking we will never watch movies in the same way again. I truly thought it was a transformative piece of art.

Forum List

Back