Avoid Sugar

Are you diabetic? What place do delusionally image that you have to tell me that what I have directly experienced, what most of my relatives have experienced, is false?

You're like those cretins that attack my religion, spreading all sorts of hateful lies about it, and then tell me I am wrong when I point out how radically the claims they make about my religion contradict my direct experience and knowledge as a member thereof.

One of us definitely has the whole of his capacity taken up by solid digestive waste and it is not I.
Having a disease does not make you an expert on it. Listen to the experts.

True that. I spent a month going to a wound care clinic and was amazed that they had a sugar ointment called 'Therahoney Gel."
It seems strange, but the Thera-honey can’t really raise blood glucose when applied to wounds.

Putting a smear of honey-based ointment on a wound isn’t the same as ingesting large amounts of sugary snacks.

The term “high blood sugar” isn’t a euphemism. It literally means there’s large quantities of glucose in your blood stream. Bacteria feeds on the excess glucose and this is one of the main reasons diabetics’ wounds heal so slowly, along with impaired circulation and inflammation of cells

Last edited:
It seems strange, but the Thera-honey can’t really raise blood glucose when applied to wounds.

Putting a smear of honey-based ointment on a wound isn’t the same as ingesting large amounts of sugary snacks.

The term “high blood sugar” isn’t a euphemism. It literally means there’s large quantities of glucose in your blood stream. Bacteria feeds on the excess glucose and this is one of the main reasons diabetics’ wounds heal so slowly, along with impaired circulation and inflammation of cells
My reply was in reference to someone who mentioned putting sugar on a wound.

Oh I didn’t realize people did that
Post #100 The only thing that shit works for is healing stubborn wounds. Works a miracle for that.

'that shit' he was referring to is sugar. My post was in answer to that. No one thinks putting honey or sugar on a wound will raise blood glucose. Where did you get that from?

BTW sugar has been used for healing wounds for a long time.

Last edited:
Honey is an ok sweetner because it fights diabetes.
57fe2ecf2020.jpg

Honey is an ok sweetner because it fights diabetes.
57fe2ecf2020.jpg

Honey is pretty much pure sugar water. No, it does not help fight diabetes, nor does it have most of the other properties that this meme attributes to it.

Honey is just as bad for me, as a diabetic, if I consume it in excess, as any other form of sugar is.

Something I find very amusing is that a substance that, some years ago, was widely being demonized is high-fructose corn syrup (HCFS). Supposedly, this was the worst form of sugar with which we could poison ourselves. The same groups that hated HFCS regarded honey as perhaps one of the best, safest, healthiest of all sweeteners.

Guess what? Nutritionally speaking honey and HFCS are almost identical. They contain very close to the same proportions of the same sugars. There is absolutely no rational or scientific basis on which to claim that either of them is any bit better or worse than the other. This is an example of the appeal to nature fallacy. Honey is “natural”, and therefore good, while HFCS is “artificial”, and therefore bad, even though, as I said, in hard scientific terms, they are almost identical in nutritional value and effect.

Honey does a lot of things we don't know about--fights diabetes, lowers blood pressure, aids weight loss, provides antioxidants, boosts immunity to allergens that cause respiratory disorders such as

57fe2ecf2020.jpg
honey-nutritional-values.jpg

Got the information from Mayo Clinic, sweetie pie.
Here's a more scientific specifics on honey's strong points in the nutritional world.
fnagi-14-1092596-t001.jpg

My experience in nutrition is that (1) it is a science of prevention, with a difference in pathological medicine science, which is the science of being too late to recuperate quickly so stiffer medicines are used that frequently bring on another deadly disease because the medicine for one thing is the poison for another all too often. That's why it's wise to take several months of evaluation followed by years of being 100% certain that medicine doesn't kill the patient. Nutritional science generally supports natural remedies that help smart people to go on living to the age of a hundred. This generation may likely have many people living to the age of 120 like Moses did. I ran across a survey this morning on honey, and an anthological scientist noticed a primitive tribe of people were living to be well over a hundred. He noted that they used only honey as their sweetener, and those who lived longest ate honey at least twice a day. Honey gives people a chance to grow old and it also gives people happier minds. They didn't call the promised land The Land of Milk and Honey for nothing. Milk and honey both have their own place in the good health of most people if they're not allergic. Honey benefits the production of several brain substances that sharpen the memory and tranquility of the mind that brings a person to feel happiness more keenly, and blocks the starvation feeling people who are heavy have, thus it helps keep weight lower in those who sweeten their kitchen products with honey. Seratonin? I think that's what I read this morning at the Mayo Clinic nutritional page.

Last edited:
Honey does a lot of things we don't know about--fights diabetes, lowers blood pressure, aids weight loss, provides antioxidants, boosts immunity to allergens that cause respiratory disorders such as

57fe2ecf2020.jpg
And never - ever - goes bad.

Honey is pretty much pure sugar water. No, it does not help fight diabetes, nor does it have most of the other properties that this meme attributes to it.

Honey is just as bad for me, as a diabetic, if I consume it in excess, as any other form of sugar is.
Nutrition is actually a science, and I have a history of straight A's in science courses I took at university. Smart doctors these days have good business relationships with nutritionists when they are in the patient's corner to help him or her achieve restoration and preventive therapy after his medicine therapy ends. Doctors who consult nutritionists are usually the ones whose patients live the longest. Nutritional items can be pretty tiny and wind up doing a great big job for people's most stellar health. I'm happy to share the science I love the best, and do all I can to keep up with it.

Nutrition is actually a science, and I have a history of straight A's in science courses I took at university. Smart doctors these days have good business relationships with nutritionists when they are in the patient's corner to help him or her achieve restoration and preventive therapy after his medicine therapy ends. Doctors who consult nutritionists are usually the ones whose patients live the longest. Nutritional items can be pretty tiny and wind up doing a great big job for people's most stellar health. I'm happy to share the science I love the best, and do all I can to keep up with it.

Then you should know better than to have made the absurd claims that you did a few posts ago.

Too much sugar is a killer

Too much yes, it's bad for you.

But, all things in moderation! that is my opinion.

A lot of fruits have sugar and fruits are good for you.

Why should anyone believe what you're saying? You claim to have diabetes and yet don't know the difference between the 2 types.
Diabetes is more frequently than not paired with brain fog, Couchpotato. He's likely fighting with his own mirror image, not us. I am sorry for his diabetes, however. I didn't realize he had the disease.My favorite aunt hadn't turned 60 when she got diabetes, then she had Alzheimer's symptoms 3 years later and had to be monitored by her daughters for the duration of her life. It was a sad thing to see. They're now calling Alzheimer's Diabetes III :(

Why should anyone believe what you're saying? You claim to have diabetes and yet don't know the difference between the 2 types.

What makes you think I don't know that?

Straight from memory, without making any attempt to look anything up:
  • Type 1—Used to be called “Juvenile Onset Diabetes”, because it usually (but not always) first hits in early childhood. Usually caused by an autoimmune disorder, that attacks and destroys the pancreas.
  • Type 2—(That's what I have, that is heavily pervasive on my father's side of the family. Nearly all my paternal-side blood relatives have it to some degree or another.) Caused by some complex, poorly-understood biochemical issues, that interfere with the effects of insulin. At least initially, type 2s have normal pancreas function and normal insulin levels, but the insulin just doesn't work as well as it should. If poorly treated, it can damage the pancreas over time, reducing insulin levels, and in effect, eventually adding Type-1-type issues on top of the already existing Type 2. Used to be called “Adult-Onset Diabetes”, because it usually doesn't hit until well into adulthood, usually middle age. My father, my brother, and myself all got it the same year. I was 40, at the time, my brother in his mid thirties, and my dad in his sixties. My dad was, by far, the last of his brothers to get it, and it's really rather remarkable that he went as long as he did before it hit. Type 2s have a strong tendency to be fat and sluggish; I seem to be a rather rare exception to that, most likely due to some other unknown, undiagnosed condition that I've had all my life, that, until my diabetes manifested, caused me to tend toward being thin and frail and rather high-strung. The two conditions in me seem to balance each other out.

I told the truth, Mr. Blaylock. I stand by what I said.

The actual science is very clear.

Both honey and HFCS are chemically, and nutritionally, almost identical. Both consist almost entirely of water and sugar, with almost identical proportions of the same kinds of sugars. Honey has some trace components that HFCS does not, but nothing that has any measurable impact on its nutritional characteristics.

Yet, to the scientifically ignorant, HFCS is some horrible, toxic, artificial shit that is going to kill us, while honey is some sort of miraculous natural superfood/medicine.

It's all bullshit. of course. Both are just water and sugar. Neither any better or worse than the other, and neither any better or worse to a diabetic than comparable amount of equally pure sugar in any other form.

If I consume a certain amount of honey at a give time, if I consume a comparable amount of HFCS, if I consume a similar amount of plain table sugar, any of those will jack my blood sugar levels up exactly the same.

Forum List

Back