Awesome to Be Catholic

Sometimes filth has to be eradicated, asslips.

"Blessed are the filth eradicators; for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven."

Damn, you're a filthy skank.
Go sharpen up a vibrator.

Hey there ya cock smoking sperm junky......way to push those Catholic values.

You DO realize that most of your religion is based on pagan theology, right?

Look no farther than Easter. Rabbits and eggs have NOTHING to do with the reason Yeshua was in Jerusalem when He was crucified.

Anyone who accepts Jesus Christ as their savior and is baptized in His name is a christian, whether they belong to any religion or not. The apostles and Christ's followers were the first christians, and they just followed His instructions to spread His word. I don't know that Christ ever envisioned any institution like the Catholic church, or any organized religion for that matter. That's the conclusion that I come to from reading the Bible anyway.

It's all in the succession of the Pope's. Jesus heard Peter's confession and passed him the torch. Pope #1. Peter passed it to Linus, Linus to Cletus, to Clement, etc.

Here's the list.... CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: List of Popes

But Peter himself never knew he was a 'catholic pope', let alone the first one. The first Council of Nicea was around 325 AD, long after he and the rest of the apostles were long gone. If you ask me, they took the scriptures, interpreted them to their own advantage and created a power structure that lasts until this day. Altho, certainly not as politically powerful now as they once were.

There were popes before Nicea. Maybe he didn't know he was a "Pope", but he did know he was the leader of the apostles, Jesus told him so. If he was "The Rock" on which Jesus built His church, doesn't that imply a kind of "power structure"?

Matthew 16:15-9(KJV)

15He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Deny that and you call into question the legitimacy of the entire New Testament, begun at Nicea and approved in 397 CE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Testament#Development_of_the_New_Testament_canon

Last edited:
Great homily by a great priest today in our parish.

Topic was Liberal Catholics and Conservative Catholics. And why there is neither.

Got a reminder – none of the saints were either Liberal or Conservative. And CNN, MSNBC, John Kerry and Nancy Pelosi are no experts in defining a Catholic.

Only the church is.

All these pro-choice, contraceptive, same-sex Liberal "cafeteria" Catholics – you’re gonna burn in hell, unless you get to confession, stat.

King Obama – you will be remembered in the confessional, and in the election booth by Catholics and Christians nationwide coming up soon.

Maybe the Atheists and Muslims will give you a little boost.

We're not.

Who are you trying to address here? And your note of self assured cockiness is the same thing atheists and Muslims pose. Catholics have plenty to be ashamed of. Don’t own up to that , though.

Last edited:
CNS STORY: Pope, church leaders call for guaranteed health care for all people
VATICAN CITY (CNS) -- Pope Benedict XVI and other church leaders said it was the moral responsibility of nations to guarantee access to health care for all of their citizens, regardless of social and economic status or their ability to pay.

Access to adequate medical attention, the pope said in a written message Nov. 18, was one of the "inalienable rights" of man.
In his own written statement, Cardinal Bertone had strong words in support of the need for governments to take care of all citizens, especially children, the elderly, the poor and immigrants.

"Justice requires guaranteed universal access to health care," he said, adding that the provision of minimal levels of medical attention to all is "commonly accepted as a fundamental human right."

Governments are obligated, therefore, to adopt the proper legislative, administrative and financial measures to provide such care along with other basic conditions that promote good health, such as food security, water and housing, the cardinal said.

Private health insurance companies, he said, should conform to human rights legislation and see to it that "privatization not become a threat to the accessibility, availability and quality of health care goods and services."

Cardinal Bertone recommended that government leaders in poor countries use their limited resources wisely and for the good of their citizens.

The governments of richer nations with good health care available should practice more solidarity with their own disadvantaged citizens and help developing countries promote health care while trying to avoid a "paternalistic or humiliating" way of assisting, the cardinal said.

Hence, the Catholic Church runs hospitals.

But, we still won't be paying birth control, sterilizations or abortions. Got that? Good.
But, we still won't be paying birth control, sterilizations or abortions. Got that? Good.
What if the sterilization is medically necessary? Case in point: a diabetic whose second pregnancy caused her blood sugar to become out of control, child born at 7 1/2 months by cesarean section, tubal ligation performed, at age 32, after being advised by doctors that any further pregnancies would be life threatening? (This a SINCERE question.)

What if the sterilization is medically necessary? Case in point: a diabetic whose second pregnancy caused her blood sugar to become out of control, child born at 7 1/2 months by cesarean section, tubal ligation performed, at age 32, after being advised by doctors that any further pregnancies would be life threatening? (This a SINCERE question.)
I've read that tubal ligation is prohibited, UNLESS medially necessary. My understanding is the ligation was performed during the C-section. I believe it must have been medically necessary as my parents wanted more children. (GREAT, ethical dilemmas at 5:00 am.)

I know of two women who've undergone tubal ligation in Catholic hospitals, but the kick is their husbands had to sign a permission slip. Not kidding.
If that is the rule in the church sponsored hospital, so be it. The father would have signed in a SECOND, (I KNEW HIM WELL) though I was born in a secular hospital. The tubal ligation was NOT for birth control purposes, rather the danger of the mother becoming pregnant again. Thus I wondered if tubal ligation, FOR medical reasons, was allowed.

I'm going to behave like a Conservative here...I don't need any of those three things so I. Don't. Care.

I'm going to behave like a Conservative here...I don't need any of those three things so I. Don't. Care.
Great impersonation Bod.

I know of two women who've undergone tubal ligation in Catholic hospitals, but the kick is their husbands had to sign a permission slip. Not kidding.
If that is the rule in the church sponsored hospital, so be it. The father would have signed in a SECOND, (I KNEW HIM WELL) though I was born in a secular hospital. The tubal ligation was NOT for birth control purposes, rather the danger of the mother becoming pregnant again. Thus I wondered if tubal ligation, FOR medical reasons, was allowed.

Sorry, yes they were both medical conditions.

Sorry, yes they were both medical conditions.
Thank you. I wondered. Many posts about the Catholic church, but few FACTS. j

Forum List

Back