Zone1 Concerning Excommunication from the Catholic Church (to clear up a LIE told here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a damn lie (that the CC has given such persmission)

Francis does NOT represent the Catholic Church. It's all a facade, a masquerade--- his papacy

No real pope would say the things he has said... would support climate change lies instead of standing up for morality like a pope should.
:link:

In other words kitty, the literal interpretation of the Genesis story is b.s., kaput!
Others had already agreed on that weeks ago.
Do you always misstate everything you hear or read? I am beginning to think you couldn't tell the truth to save your life.

Martin Luther was formally excommunicated from the Catholic Church, where he was once a priest.

Someone here said that that excommunication was lifted or words to that effect.

This cannot happen unless the person repented and has been sacramentally absolved
Pope John Paul II noted that it is Catholic doctrine that Excommunication expires when a person who has been excommunicated dies. It is no longer in effect upon death.

Pope John Paul II noted that it is Catholic doctrine that Excommunication expires when a person who has been excommunicated dies. It is no longer in effect upon death.
what does that ^^^^ mean from a practical POV? Martin Luther's opinions have been declared "good" or "ok" ? ---he can get his wings?

what does that ^^^^ mean from a practical POV? Martin Luther's opinions have been declared "good" or "ok" ? ---he can get his wings?
It means he is in God's hands, which is where we all wish to be no matter what our faith or our denomination.

Martin Luther was formally excommunicated from the Catholic Church, where he was once a priest.

Someone here said that that excommunication was lifted or words to that effect.

This cannot happen unless the person repented and has been sacramentally absolved

which never happened as far as I know. I have read up on Luther and no one ever said that Luther took back one word he said against Christ's Church, much less did he go to confession.

So anti-Catholics need to STOP lying. Your lies are leading people astray, sometimes to the point of them ending up in Hell
I’m not sure that matters. But it seems to matter to you, so could you explain your point? I’m honestly curious.

I doubt the church talked much about Martin Luther once he had fully established his protestant denomination. Seems like they would’ve wanted to avoid that topic, no?

You mean you can't just stop practicing the faith or attending Mass :dunno:

Seems pretty easy to me. And I haven't even brought up the sacrament of confirmation.

I'm of the opinion that permitting the flock to reject Genesis, is equivalent to the Catholic church denouncing all of it's beliefs. Excommunication is a part of it.

The Catholic church has endorsed Darwinian evolution because it understood that it wouldn't be accepted as credible if it didn't.
And now the question is, should the CC have remained quiet on the issue?

Is there any way that the CC can walk that back? Ding has an answer that is at best questionable. Perhaps he'll try it on us again?
With all the lies you tell, I think you must closely identify with the serpent in Genesis. It's habitual with you.

1. De-moralize
2. De-stabilize
3. Crisis
4. Normalization

With all the lies you tell, I think you must closely identify with the serpent in Genesis. It's habitual with you.

1. De-moralize
2. De-stabilize
3. Crisis
4. Normalization

Yuri is a study that's well beyond most here ding....~S~

I see them as the devil incarnate Meri
There comes that moment in every child's life realization hits that his/her parent isn't perfect. That being the case, why the expectation for one's church to be perfect? God is a hard act to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back