AZ bill would take away business owner's right to bann weapons

The bill would prohibit me from banning weapons in my own building, in my own business.

RW'ers, please explain to me again about how liberal government is taking away our freedoms and rights....

Arizona bill allowing CCW-permit holders to bring guns into public buildings gets preliminary OK

I'm sure criminals and thieves will politely disarm themselves before robbing your store.

However, that being said, the Government has no authority to compel you to accept armed law-abiding citizens on your property.

Arizona bill allowing CCW-permit holders to bring guns into public buildings gets preliminary OK
Arizona now allows concealed carry for adults over 21, with no CCW permit required. However, this law would only allow those who have taken the CCW class, and possess the required CCW permit. This means that they have the proper firearms training.

The bill would prohibit me from banning weapons in my own building, in my own business.

RW'ers, please explain to me again about how liberal government is taking away our freedoms and rights....

:lol: Is that a serious question? You need it explained?

You are ALL taking away our freedoms and rights, both the left and the right. Get a clue.

Arizona now allows concealed carry for adults over 21, with no CCW permit required. However, this law would only allow those who have taken the CCW class, and possess the required CCW permit. This means that they have the proper firearms training.

Irrelevant. A private business should have the right to ban weapons from their establishment if they choose to.

Irrelevant. A private business should have the right to ban weapons from their establishment if they choose to.

A business owner should have the right to ban do rags too. Or allow smoking if they want to. What this law is saying is that state law in issuing a CCW permit supercedes the business owner's right to determine his clientele. The business owner is still free to ban weapons, but may not ban the weapons of CCW permit holders because there is a state law putting CCW permit holders in a special class.

Think of it like it was a service dog. A business owner may not permit animals on the premises, except those who have a card saying the animal is a service animal.

A business owner should have the right to ban do rags too. Or allow smoking if they want to. What this law is saying is that state law in issuing a CCW permit supercedes the business owner's right to determine his clientele. The business owner is still free to ban weapons, but may not ban the weapons of CCW permit holders because there is a state law putting CCW permit holders in a special class.

Think of it like it was a service dog. A business owner may not permit animals on the premises, except those who have a card saying the animal is a service animal.

So, if I allow a person to bring a service dog into my café, is that dog going to be a danger to me? I ask, because I know someone who was accidently shot and wounded by a CCW person, and he will no longer allow any weapons in his house, but it is ok for the state to force him to allow them in his business?

After two days I'm still chuckling.

For those unfamiliar with the term Google "bann".

Then consider today's same-sex marriage discussions.

Ponder how a business owner might be angered by someone's interfering with his/her/its effort to marry a knife or gun or brass knuckles.

Ponder how a business owner might be angered by someone's interfering with his/her/its effort to marry a knife or gun or brass knuckles.

I think that this is another example of a RW coded message because I have absolutely no idea what this post is supposed to mean....

They should also have the right to allow their customers to carry if they want.

I think that this is another example of a RW coded message because I have absolutely no idea what this post is supposed to mean....

Bann - definition of Bann by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

good grief, none of you libs should move to Arizona...whatever they do it chaps your asses

I've never seen so many worry over a damn state they don't live in

The comparison of requiring a business to accept a service dog, vs. requiring him to admit an armed man makes no sense, whatever. A service dog is needed by some people in order to function in society. Having a gun in my café is NOT necessary for you to function in society. In addition, now that any idiot in AZ can get a CCW, I don't want some of these guys in my business. A CCW license requires no training on when it is appropriate and when it is not appropriate to use deadly force. In fact, the laws governing CCW in AZ has become so full of holes that Nevada stopped recognizing AZ CCW permits.

So, if I allow a person to bring a service dog into my café, is that dog going to be a danger to me? I ask, because I know someone who was accidently shot and wounded by a CCW person, and he will no longer allow any weapons in his house, but it is ok for the state to force him to allow them in his business?

The dog might well be a danger. It might bite someone, sprinkle fleas or cause an allergic reaction in another customer. There are people accidentally bitten shot and run over with csrs. If your business is open to the public you have to abide by the same laws all other businesses do. This means baking cakes for same sex couples who have a wedding license, allowing in service dogs and those with a CCW permit.

Forum List

Back