Az gov vetoes bill

If Governor Brewer was swayed by pressure from the business community,

why aren't conservatives cheering that? Given their reverence for the 'free markets'...

I wasn't in favor of the bill, but what does the business community affecting legislation have to do with free markets?

Yeah....must let liberal scumbags bully Christians, strange you scumbags didn't oppose Somali muslim cab drivers in Minnesota denying service to people with items they opposed in their cab back around 2007-08

So the NRA should find some limp dick liberal like you that owns a hotel and then rent out their hotel for a NRA conference.....:eusa_whistle:

Wow, the GOP realized what a PR nightmare this would've been.

Last edited:
Uh no. I'm sore, from watch people be so easily distracted by issues that don't shape the future of this country. It's what we call an epiphany. I'm beginning to see why liberals distract with social issues so much, they don't want you to notice the REAL issues they have.

Is that why you started a few threads on gays and gay marriage a few days ago?

this is like when he discovered we fight to much and are really partisan. Sometime around Nelson's death. The next day he was back to trolling. maybe if he had a job he could focus better

No, it's more like when he googled boobies on the internet for the first time and thought, "You mean I don't actually have to talk to real live girls to see them naked?"

Oh yeah...

Amendment I (1): Freedom of religion, speech, and the press; rights of assembly and petition
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Geez, you know it just hit me... all that arguing I did was pointless. I've come to the conclusion that there are bigger issues that gay marriage out there. Why are we so easily distracted by social issues? Same goes for legalizing pot. While I want that legalized, there are simply more serious issues on the table than these. Seriously folks, lets get our priorities straight here.

There are not bigger issues. There are other issues.
AZ was not about gay marriage. AZ was about gays suing their way into having society force their values on others. When a society gives up its values, it's pretty well done. We're almost there. I see nothing more important than insuring American values. Without those, what's the point?

why aren't conservatives cheering that? Given their reverence for the 'free markets'...

I wasn't in favor of the bill, but what does the business community affecting legislation have to do with free markets?

Allowing business owners to refuse service to patrons predicated solely on the patrons’ race, religion, or sexual orientation would be disruptive to the markets, they indeed would not be free, and would cease to function efficiently – something most assume conservatives support, that is the markets functioning efficiently.

Allowing business owners to refuse service to patrons predicated solely on the patrons’ race, religion, or sexual orientation would be disruptive to the markets, they indeed would not be free, and would cease to function efficiently – something most assume conservatives support, that is the markets functioning efficiently.

WTF???
No, it is not disruptive to markets. You made a totally unsupported, and unsupportable, statement. In fact, the ability to discriminate (i.e. associate) was the law in this country from the founding to the mid 1960s. Markets worked just fine.

Geez, you know it just hit me... all that arguing I did was pointless. I've come to the conclusion that there are bigger issues that gay marriage out there. Why are we so easily distracted by social issues? Same goes for legalizing pot. While I want that legalized, there are simply more serious issues on the table than these. Seriously folks, lets get our priorities straight here.

AZ was not about gay marriage. AZ was about gays suing their way into having society force their values on others. When a society gives up its values, it's pretty well done. We're almost there. I see nothing more important than insuring American values. Without those, what's the point?
Actually it was about the rights of gays and all Americans not to be discriminated against because of some undefined religious values

Actually it was about the rights of gays and all Americans not to be discriminated against because of some undefined religious values
As usual you're wrong. About everything. You might be RDean's doppelganger.

Let's get real here Rabbi. This is a litigious society. Everyone sues for everything. Passing legislation that alows discrimination is not the answer.

Last edited:

Let's get real here Rabbi. This is a litigious society. Everyone sues for everything. Passing legislation that opens the door to discriminate is not the answer.
You understand the bill would have gone some way to decreasing litigation, right? You don't make something better by making it worse.

I am fed up with the fag issue. The nation is in chaos...not to mention the world....and they are concerned about their right to eat a Twinkie at Joes deli...and our acceptance of their right to shove their Twinkie in their husbands donut hole. Do what your needs tell you to and shut up about it...I don't want to hear it.

Yeah, you lost again. I can't blame you for not wanting to talk about it. Though, next time you 'don't want to talk about it', maybe don't start a thread about it.......just sayin'

Forum List

Back