Az gov vetoes bill

Where does the 1st amendment right of religious freedom give YOU the right to deny civil rights to people your religion doesn't like?

have you ever thought about turning that statement around 180 degrees and...., ooooh shit !!! i forgot, fucking liberbabies don't think..., they feeeeel :lmao:

The whole thing makes me so mad that I am going to boycott the closest gay bar...as soon as I figure out where it is.

See how you are. You don't love baby Jeebus or gays. I am boycotting Arizona. Brewer is fugly. Why did the people of AZ elect such a fucking ugly woman? Mean, spiteful, straight razor toting bitch.

But she finally caved in like all the right wing wackos eventually do. Someone with money talks sense into their heads.

Where does the 1st amendment right of religious freedom give YOU the right to deny civil rights to people your religion doesn't like?

have you ever thought about turning that statement around 180 degrees and...., ooooh shit !!! i forgot, fucking liberbabies don't think..., they feeeeel :lmao:

The whole thing makes me so mad that I am going to boycott the closest gay bar...as soon as I figure out where it is.

See how you are. You don't love baby Jeebus or gays. I am boycotting Arizona. Brewer is fugly. Why did the people of AZ elect such a fucking ugly woman? Mean, spiteful, straight razor toting bitch.

But she finally caved in like all the right wing wackos eventually do. Someone with money talks sense into their heads.

Brewer was already governor when I moved here, but she was not actually elected. I think she was appointed due to vacancies in the Governor's office and the Lieutenant Governor's office. She was Sec. of State. It kind of went to her head. Today's action, however, tells me that, although hopeless, she is not seriously impaired, mentally....

So...tell us....by turning it around...whose civil rights are being denied...and what civil right(s) would that be?

Is it the same as TK's post #26? Is that what all republicans will be parroting tomorrow?

No. Even someone like me knows when his efforts have been wasted on small things. Overall, I support equal rights for homosexuals, simply because of what the Constitution says. What I have an issue with is when the Constitution is used to give rights to one group at the expense of another.

Obviously you’ve decided to not address the issue of your crippling ignorance.

The Constitution doesn’t ‘give’ rights to anyone.

Our rights are inalienable, they manifest as a consequence of our humanity, neither taken nor bestowed by any government, constitution, or man.

And although inalienable our rights are not absolute, and are subject to reasonable restrictions. The Constitution codifies the process by which the state may – or may not – limit our civil liberties.

An example of an un-Constitutional law would be those designed to deny same-sex couples their right to access marriage law.

An example of a Constitutional law would be public accommodations measures, which are predicated on settled and accepted Commerce Clause jurisprudence, and in no way ‘violate’ any person’s religious liberty.

That you might perceive public accommodations laws as such is subjective, irrelevant, and wrong.

What's crippling here is the amount name calling you have to resort to in order to make your argument. As for your assertion, "the Constitution doesn't give rights to anyone," how unbelievably ignorant are YOU in making such a statement? Do you not realize why they call the first 10 Amendments The Bill of RIGHTS? Are you serious?

Our rights are inalienable, they manifest as a consequence of our humanity, neither taken nor bestowed by any government, constitution, or man.

So you say, although this statement is aimed at one side only. What you mean to say is "One group's rights are more important and more inalienable than another's. Such rights can only be bestowed or revoked by a government. They can only manifest as a consequence of a government, not of any constitution, set of laws or men."

So I don't think you truly believe what you're saying. If rights were inalienable, business owners would be able to make decisions on whom they serve with regards for their faith. One other thing, the Constitution applies to government on both levels, state and federal. Get it straight, Clayton.

By forcing people to act against their beliefs and their faith as a whole, and by using the Constitution as a means to that end, these "Public Accommodation Laws" violate the 9th Amendment.

Geez, you know it just hit me... all that arguing I did was pointless. I've come to the conclusion that there are bigger issues that gay marriage out there. Why are we so easily distracted by social issues? Same goes for legalizing pot. While I want that legalized, there are simply more serious issues on the table than these. Seriously folks, lets get our priorities straight here.

1959229_746029662084266_499692180_n.jpg
Perhaps these issues are so important that you can't understand how important they are. Both of those issues boil down to basic human rights and each individual's life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, and you've allowed your government to take those rights away.

It's funny how Conservatives always say, "I think marijuana should be legalized," and then constantly vote for drug war candidates who are "tough on crime". Marijuana prohibition has been the number one excuse for implementing the American police state. Now your so-called "Land of the Free" has more prisons and more prisoners than anywhere else on Earth.

lol this bro is a sore loser

Uh no. I'm sore, from watch people be so easily distracted by issues that don't shape the future of this country. It's what we call an epiphany. I'm beginning to see why liberals distract with social issues so much, they don't want you to notice the REAL issues they have.

Is that why you started a few threads on gays and gay marriage a few days ago?

Bravo.

Forum List

Back