Az gov vetoes bill

Geez, you know it just hit me... all that arguing I did was pointless. I've come to the conclusion that there are bigger issues that gay marriage out there. Why are we so easily distracted by social issues? Same goes for legalizing pot. While I want that legalized, there are simply more serious issues on the table than these. Seriously folks, lets get our priorities straight here.

1959229_746029662084266_499692180_n.jpg

You Stud Puffin!

Wat

maxresdefault.jpg

Geez, you know it just hit me... all that arguing I did was pointless. I've come to the conclusion that there are bigger issues that gay marriage out there. Why are we so easily distracted by social issues? Same goes for legalizing pot. While I want that legalized, there are simply more serious issues on the table than these. Seriously folks, lets get our priorities straight here.

1959229_746029662084266_499692180_n.jpg

lol this bro is a sore loser

Uh no. I'm sore, from watch people be so easily distracted by issues that don't shape the future of this country. It's what we call an epiphany. I'm beginning to see why liberals distract with social issues so much, they don't want you to notice the REAL issues they have.

Is that why you started a few threads on gays and gay marriage a few days ago?

Of course Gov. Brewer vetoed the bill and refused to protect the people’s fundamental right to be free to mutually agree in their contracts and associations.

Let us not forget this is the same Governor that signed onto Obamacare and agreed to expand Medicaid and put an additional 300,000 residents on government’s free cheese wagon which hard working taxpayers are having their paycheck confiscated to fund.

What she ignored today was upholding the Constitution and a fundamental right of people being free to mutually agree in their contracts and associations.

JWK

A legislative act which "impinges upon a fundamental right explicitly or implicitly secured by the Constitution is presumptively unconstitutional." See: Harris v. McRae United States Supreme Court (1980) Also see City of Mobile v. Bolden, 466 U.S. 55, 76, 100 S.Ct. 1490, 64 L.Ed.2d 47 (1980)

lol this bro is a sore loser

Uh no. I'm sore, from watch people be so easily distracted by issues that don't shape the future of this country. It's what we call an epiphany. I'm beginning to see why liberals distract with social issues so much, they don't want you to notice the REAL issues they have.

Is that why you started a few threads on gays and gay marriage a few days ago?

That was a few days ago. Then it hit me. This issue is superfluous. You have millions of people losing their healthcare, people not looking for work, you have serious shit going on in the Ukraine and Venezuela, and we're over here more worried about gay marriage? What was I thinking!? What are we thinking?!

The divorce rate, gays and the economy are having a profound impact on US birth rates.

Shrinking tax payer base

-Geaux

3.4% of the population is having a profound impact on US birth rates?:eusa_eh:

Aka she desperately attempted to save face for her state

The old fool didn't see the statement.

Is it the same as TK's post #26? Is that what all republicans will be parroting tomorrow?

No. Even someone like me knows when his efforts have been wasted on small things. Overall, I support equal rights for homosexuals, simply because of what the Constitution says. What I have an issue with is when the Constitution is used to give rights to one group at the expense of another.

Wow, the GOP realized what a PR nightmare this would've been.

Yea, the left's insistence that religious freedom be denied reached a fever pitch and Brewer caved.

Will this trampling of religious freedom apply to all religions?

Wow, the GOP realized what a PR nightmare this would've been.

Yea, the left's insistence that religious freedom be denied reached a fever pitch and Brewer caved.

Will this trampling of religious freedom apply to all religions?

Where does the 1st amendment right of religious freedom give YOU the right to deny civil rights to people your religion doesn't like?

Forum List

Back