Babies born during COVID-19 pandemic tied with lower IQ, study suggests

The actual IQ tests are pretty involved written tests. How in the hell do you test the IQ of an infant? Developmental milestones? Those can vary widely, even among siblings.

Agreed. At worst it's fear mongering, but if there is some accuracy in delayed/lost development, this is horrific.

For me, I consider the stress that mothers were put under. The lockdowns. Lack of hospital access (at least in Canada). The 24/7 fear in the news and the unknown. The lost lives of citizens, lost businesses, careers, possibly even compounded by the riots promoted by the bloodthirsty media.

Regardless, I am noticing mature, seemingly strong adults losing their heads the last two years. Pregnant women have it much tougher. A child sensing this from their mother cannot be good.

I know this, someone has to pay a bloody price in one form or another. If not, just let the aliens come down now and I will await the end.

I dont recall anyone saying that but how is knowing the origins going to elevate anyones intelligence?

Just as we wanted to know the origins of the attacks of 9/11.

If we don't know the truth, confront it, demand reparations and defend against it, who is to say it won't reappear every few years when most convenient to a foreign government?

Possibly but I'm skeptical

It is a huge area of study which I'm not entirely unfamiliar with. Pretty interesting really. For instance, a child which does not start speaking until a late age can be an indicator of many things and careful study of other factors about the child is required to differentiate which:
  • A baby which starts speaking late in life combined with other factors can indicate possible brain development problems needing diagnosis as early as possible, yet in some cases, children with very high intelligence sometimes delay speaking as well, but for totally different reasons. For instance, Einstein didn't begin speaking until several years old.

Remember according to some "we don't need to know the origins of the virus" as newborns are punished for our cowardice.

The Wuhan Virus is the gift from the CCP that keeps giving. The weakest leadership in history of the West.

West will ensure it continues without a hitch. "Shhh, be quiet honey, you don't want to upset the emperor!"

Angry yet?

Preliminary findings by U.S. researchers suggest children born during the COVID-19 pandemic show lower IQ scores than those who were born before January 2020, but the underlying causes are still unknown.

It may be due to the first 1,000 days of a child’s life being the most crucial to development.

The findings were posted in medRxiv ahead of peer review on Aug. 11, stemming from a survey among roughly 605 children in Rhode Island, most of them White, including 39 born in 2018 and 2019.

Environmental factors, including maternal mental and physical health, nutrition, stimulation and supportive caregiving can alter the child’s development.

The study of pre-pandemic babies shows that they had an IQ ranging from 98.5 to 107.3.

But the IQs of babies born during the pandemic sharply fell 27 to 37 points.

The study attributed lockdown policies aimed at slowing the spread of COVID-19 such as economic shutdowns, mask-wearing, school disruptions, social distancing and stay-at-home orders.
Lol, faux news. That shit will rot your brain. So how they measuring a one year olds IQ? You dumb ducks will believe any fucking thing. Hilarious

It is a huge area of study which I'm not entirely unfamiliar with. Pretty interesting really. For instance, a child which does not start speaking until a late age can be an indicator of many things and careful study of other factors about the child is required to differentiate which:
  • A baby which starts speaking late in life combined with other factors can indicate possible brain development problems needing diagnosis as early as possible, yet in some cases, children with very high intelligence sometimes delay speaking as well, but for totally different reasons. For instance, Einstein didn't begin speaking until several years old.
Many children especially boys focus on motor skills as well as visual skills early in life. Lol. There is a saying it's not where you start that counts it's where you finish. Below the age of two is way before we should be making judgement calls on IQ.

Parents can't wait for them to speak, then down the road they wish they'd hush

Seriously though, I think they over think things, children are all different and progress differently.

Lol, faux news. That shit will rot your brain. So how they measuring a one year olds IQ? You dumb ducks will believe any fucking thing. Hilarious

I only believe it if the media says it's true. I may be stupid, but I know that the media never lies.

Many children especially boys focus on motor skills as well as visual skills early in life.
True. Once again pointing to endemic differences often found in the brain-mapping of the sexes.

Below the age of two is way before we should be making judgement calls on IQ.
IQ yes, but never too early to start looking for indications of developmental problems or advances.

Remember according to some "we don't need to know the origins of the virus" as newborns are punished for our cowardice.

The Wuhan Virus is the gift from the CCP that keeps giving. The weakest leadership in history of the West.

West will ensure it continues without a hitch. "Shhh, be quiet honey, you don't want to upset the emperor!"

Angry yet?

Preliminary findings by U.S. researchers suggest children born during the COVID-19 pandemic show lower IQ scores than those who were born before January 2020, but the underlying causes are still unknown.

It may be due to the first 1,000 days of a child’s life being the most crucial to development.

The findings were posted in medRxiv ahead of peer review on Aug. 11, stemming from a survey among roughly 605 children in Rhode Island, most of them White, including 39 born in 2018 and 2019.

Environmental factors, including maternal mental and physical health, nutrition, stimulation and supportive caregiving can alter the child’s development.

The study of pre-pandemic babies shows that they had an IQ ranging from 98.5 to 107.3.

The study attributed lockdown policies aimed at slowing the spread of COVID-19 such as economic shutdowns, mask-wearing, school disruptions, social distancing and stay-at-home orders.
The smart people didn't get pregnant in a global pandemic.

Derp.

The question is when the CDC knew the vaccine might cause miscarriages (and birth defects?) and why they failed to warn pregnant women of the side effects.

mask wearing would have a lot to do with it. Babies learn a lot from facial expression and thats a part of the human brain I dont even think we understand
We may be raising a generation of detatched serial killers for all you know
Newborns learn from their mom and dad and siblings that young, who are not wearing masks in front of them, so I don't think that's it???

Angry yet?

What were the IQs of the Dims conducting the study??

The oldest “Covid baby” would be 18 months with an average of 9 months. Neither is sufficient length of time to study IF the baby was exposed to the virus then how are they progressing.
More liberal fake and hoax

Forum List

Back