Backfire: Memphis City Council Finds Out TN Law Says Nathanel Bedford Forrest Can't Be Removed

Hmmm! Why are republicans making laws that protect dead racist democrats? Very interesting!

I didn't notice the law mentioning anything about racists.
Did you expect racist to make laws that blatantly expose their affinity for dead racist heroes?

Why do race baiting morons like you assume anything that thwarts your totalitarians schemes is motivated by racism?

Well, I guess I answered my own question.
Why do bigots (big guts) like you try to project the evil conservatives do, or did in the past, onto liberals or the left? You know the democrats during N.B. Forrest's time were conservative democrats and had more in common with modern republicans than modern democrats.. That is why southern republicans want to protect their fellow southern dead racist conservatives, regardless of party affiliation!

BTWm Buc90 introduced the word "racist" into the conversation when he said: "They are protecting dead racist democrats." I reserve the right to respond to that any way I choose. KMA if you don't like it!

Only an asshole believes anything worthy is accomplished by digging up the grave of someone who has been dead for 150 years.

This is a witch hunt, and those pursuing it are the lowest class of scumbag. History is history. Only sleazy totalitarians douches try to erase it.
Well, Forrest was all of those things you just named. I don't care what happens to his remains. His biggest contribution to history can be how fast he was dug up, moved to and transplanted in a private location along with his monument. I have no sympathy for murderous racists and anyone who acts as an apologist for them. When you die, I hope you can be buried near your hero. I certainly don't want your racist ass in MY cemetery! :dig: :lol:

Did you expect racist to make laws that blatantly expose their affinity for dead racist heroes?

Why do race baiting morons like you assume anything that thwarts your totalitarians schemes is motivated by racism?

Why do bigots (big guts) like you try to project the evil conservatives do, or did in the past, onto liberals or the left? You know the democrats during N.B. Forrest's time were conservative democrats and had more in common with modern republicans than modern democrats.. That is why southern republicans want to protect their fellow southern dead racist conservatives, regardless of party affiliation!

BTWm Buc90 introduced the word "racist" into the conversation when he said: "They are protecting dead racist democrats." I reserve the right to respond to that any way I choose. KMA if you don't like it!

Only an asshole believes anything worthy is accomplished by digging up the grave of someone who has been dead for 150 years.

This is a witch hunt, and those pursuing it are the lowest class of scumbag. History is history. Only sleazy totalitarians douches try to erase it.
Well, Forrest was all of those things you just named. I don't care what happens to his remains. His biggest contribution to history can be how fast he was dug up, moved to and transplanted in a private location along with his monument. I have no sympathy for murderous racists and anyone who acts as an apologist for them. When you die, I hope you can be buried near your hero. I certainly don't want your racist ass in MY cemetery! :dig: :lol:

Then you should support digging up Lincoln's grave as well, and also dynamiting his monument.

I doubt you'll be in the same cemetery I'll be interred in.

I plan on my final resting place being land once owned by the family of a Confederate general.

(Arlington National Cemetery)

Totally agree!
Of course you do, you racist scumbag! You probably had an orgasm when you learned about the massacre at Ft. Pillow where rebel soldiers under Forrest's command overran the ramparts. But even as the mixed group of union soldiers threw down their weapons in surrender, the rebels kept firing indiscriminately and massacred hundreds. From eyewitness accounts, blacks soldiers were especially targeted ; their bodies tortured and maimed to reflect al the pent up hate the rebels had for them.

A Congressional Committee investigated the massacre and discovered that terrible atrocities had occurred. It was reported that several African Americans had been buried alive, women and children had been killed, and tents housing wounded soldiers were burned down. General Forrest and other Confederate soldiers denied any such incidents, though Forrest was reported as bragging that he had taught “the mongrel garrison” a lesson and that the river was “dyed with the blood of the slaughtered for 200 yards.” Forrest would eventually go on to become the first Imperial Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan.
Is this the hero you sympathize with? Is this the heritage that you value so much?Fuck you!

I plan on my final resting place being land once owned by the family of a Confederate general.

Don't bet on it! I am retired Army. I paid my dues too!

But the land once belonged to a Confederate general...

Surely you wouldn't rest in peace there.

Your bigotry would prevent that.

Then you should support digging up Lincoln's grave as well, and also dynamiting his monument.
Nope. Lincoln might have been a bigot but he wasn't a racist. Had he been, he would never have ordered manumission. Did he own any slaves? No...Lincoln was as liberal a man of his times as possible under those circumstances. Social liberalism, for lack of a better name, had not yet evolved into what it is today. Lincoln was NO Nathan Bedford Forrest!

But the land once belonged to a Confederate general...

Surely you wouldn't rest in peace there.

Your bigotry would prevent that.
It belonged to some of my ancestors first but now it is publicly owned.
I'll rest in peace there, knowing that!

Nope. Lincoln might have been a bigot but he wasn't a racist. Had he been, he would never have ordered manumission. Did he own any slaves? No...Lincoln was as liberal a man of his times as possible under those circumstances. Social liberalism, for lack of a better name, had not yet evolved into what it is today. Lincoln was NO Nathan Bedford Forrest!

He wasn't just a racist. He was a white supremacist.

I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.

~ Abraham Lincoln, Debate with Stephen Douglas, Sept. 18, 1858, in Abraham Lincoln: Speeches and Writings, 1832-1858 (New York: Library of America, 1989), pp. 636-637.

Totally agree!
Of course you do, you racist scumbag! You probably had an orgasm when you learned about the massacre at Ft. Pillow where rebel soldiers under Forrest's command overran the ramparts. But even as the mixed group of union soldiers threw down their weapons in surrender, the rebels kept firing indiscriminately and massacred hundreds. From eyewitness accounts, blacks soldiers were especially targeted ; their bodies tortured and maimed to reflect al the pent up hate the rebels had for them.

A Congressional Committee investigated the massacre and discovered that terrible atrocities had occurred. It was reported that several African Americans had been buried alive, women and children had been killed, and tents housing wounded soldiers were burned down. General Forrest and other Confederate soldiers denied any such incidents, though Forrest was reported as bragging that he had taught “the mongrel garrison” a lesson and that the river was “dyed with the blood of the slaughtered for 200 yards.” Forrest would eventually go on to become the first Imperial Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan.
Is this the hero you sympathize with? Is this the heritage that you value so much?Fuck you!

Union solders under Sherman raped thousands of black slaves in Georgia and murdered hundreds of others.

Ebenezer Creek, Georgia, where on December 9, 1864, Union troops prevented thousands of black refugees who had been following them during Sherman’s March from crossing, and hundreds of the refugees subsequently drowned trying to ford the creek seeking to escape pursuing Confederate cavalry. Source: Ebenezer Creek Jerusalem Church site photos

I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races, that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.

~ Abraham Lincoln, Debate with Stephen Douglas, Sept. 18, 1858, in Abraham Lincoln: Speeches and Writings, 1832-1858 (New York: Library of America, 1989), pp. 636-637.
Actions speak louder than words! He must have changed during the ensuing two years after he made that speech. IN 1861

Nice try, but no cigar. President Lincoln's actions spoke louder than his words. Lincoln's position on slavery and emancipation obviously evolved from the time of that 1858 speech. Several years later, he was more congenial towards blacks:

I cannot continue to post on this site because some racist asshole has attacked my main Computer and it seems to be someone on USMB. So much for free speech.

racists gotta protect their heroes.
Being the ghoul that you are, you absolutely know no boundaries of common decency.....

So now people who do not want to dig up historic war figures are racists?

I sure wish you fucks would learn the definitions and purposes of words.
i'll bet dollars to donuts the law was written to protect confederate memorials and enacted in the 60's.

No, it was meant to protect the dead, no matter what side of the war they fought on.

Totally agree!

Union solders under Sherman raped thousands of black slaves in Georgia and murdered hundreds of others.

Ebenezer Creek, Georgia, where on December 9, 1864, Union troops prevented thousands of black refugees who had been following them during Sherman’s March from crossing, and hundreds of the refugees subsequently drowned trying to ford the creek seeking to escape pursuing Confederate cavalry. Source: Ebenezer Creek Jerusalem Church site photos
Your link says nothing about rape and murder of blacks by union soldiers. Lincoln opened up military service for thousands of blacks and the joined in droves. Perhaps they didn't hear about the aftermath of Sherman's march!

I will say that Jefferson Davis, the leader of that fateful contingent was a cold blooded murderer who shot and killed an unarmed union general who insulted him. What would he care about blacks or anyone else? I hope there are no statues or monuments in his honor.

:cuckoo:

Black Confederates in the Civil War

It has been estimated that over 65,000 Southern blacks were in the Confederate ranks. Over 13,000 of these, “saw the elephant” also known as meeting the enemy in combat. These Black Confederates included both slave and free. The Confederate Congress did not approve blacks to be officially enlisted as soldiers (except as musicians), until late in the war. But in the ranks it was a different story. Many Confederate officers did not obey the mandates of politicians, they frequently enlisted blacks with the simple criteria, “Will you fight?” Historian Ervin Jordan, explains that “biracial units” were frequently organized “by local Confederate and State militia Commanders in response to immediate threats in the form of Union raids…”. Dr. Leonard Haynes, a African-American professor at Southern University, stated, “When you eliminate the black Confederate soldier, you’ve eliminated the history of the South.
blackconfed_bookcovers.jpg

arlington2.jpg

Black Confederate soldier depicted marching in rank with white Confederate soldiers. This is taken from the Confederate monument at Arlington National Cemetery. Designed by Moses Ezekiel, a Jewish Confederate erected in 1908. Ezekiel depicted the Confederate Army as he himself witnessed. As such, it is the one of the first monument, if not the first, honoring a black American soldier. (Photo by Bob Crowell)

What the hell is your defect liberals? The Civil War is been over for 150+ years and you're wanting to fight over again? Even Abraham Lincoln had Dixie played upon being notified that Robert E Lee handed over his sword to Grant at Appomattox. Here's a clue: all has been forgiven. Southerners are our brothers once again. We are all Americans. Enough of this flagburning. Pretty soon you're going to be burning books.

arlington2.jpg

Black Confederate soldier depicted marching in rank with white Confederate soldiers. This is taken from the Confederate monument at Arlington National Cemetery. Designed by Moses Ezekiel, a Jewish Confederate erected in 1908. Ezekiel depicted the Confederate Army as he himself witnessed. As such, it is the one of the first monument, if not the first, honoring a black American soldier. (Photo by Bob Crowell)
TEAR IT DOWN! If a back man was stupid enough to fight for the Confederacy, he is just as noxious as Forrest. I wonder how many were FORCED to fight with "unloaded" guns just to pad the ranks!

Forum List

Back