Bad atheist arguments

"
Whatever else atheists believe in, is their faith - not the "lack of belief", or if they truly believe in "nothing" at all, they're a nihilist who would have no qualms about raping, murdering, torturing's children."

Fuk you, you stinking piece of shit!

I am so sick of fuking ignorant pieces of conservative crap like you making OUTRAGEOUS claims about EVIL BEHAVIOR of atheists simply because we are not stupid enough to believe in YOUR god.

YOU are the one who has made comments about MURDERING people simply for not embracing YOUR lunacies.

I don't believe in god.
That does NOT make me a murderer or a rapist you fukin lying sack of conservative crap.
Incedentaly... As an atheist; I rape, and murder as many people as I'm inclined to. Which has amounted to a sum total of zero so far...
BS. Laws and punishment is what keep atheists from raping. Any sense of right or wrong that an atheist feels comes from the judeo Christian culture and values. Right and wrong are Christian concepts.
Right... prior to 400 bc. No one had any concept of "right, or wrong". You hold on to that fantasy. Dont let anyone take that from you...
Incorrect, hunter-gatherer tribes such as the Sentinelese, dating as far back as 80,000 BC have a culture and system of values, order, hierarchy, and so forth, such as offering burials of the dead of those they kill in warfare; it's possible that they are more "informal" than "formal" in many cases.

How they would compare to the values within more contemporary legal systems and institutions, I am unsure. (Much as I'm not aware of anything in the Bible, or in the teachings of Jesus and so forth which reduce morality to what is "taught' directly from the Bible, much as moral and immoral behaviors documented in men and women in the Bible itself proceeded the actual writing of the Bible to begin with; this is most likely just an innovation, or archaic "tradition" of man, such as found in 19th century "legalism" and whatnot - I don't believe most serious theologians believe the Bible itself is the "only" source of morality, much as the source of morality mentioned by the individuals in the Bible itself didn't come directly from the Bible; no Bible existed when Adam and Eve had the free will to defy God, for example.

As far as evolutionary biology is concerned, it is observed that "premoral sentiments" in animals may have played a role in the biological basis and evolution of morality in human cultures, such as ant colonies having systems of class, labor division, social roles, and so forth. No modern legal system denies that passions play a role in human behavior, moral, or immoral, just as those thinking men and women who built civilizations and established laws to begin with, obviously had higher moral and rational purposes and faculty than average or ordinary men and women did, or else there would be no civilizations to begin with.

Regardless, morality in human cultures is not "reducible" to biology, but higher notions such as intentions, rational thought, motivations, and self-restraint play a role in human morality and moral philosophy.
Conceiving moral authority requires a neo cortex, and only occurs in Western civilization. It is easy to anthropomorphize moral character onto primitive tribes, even modern lefties, but that doesn't mean they understand.
Even the 9 year old children in those primitive tribes have figured out the stunted morality found in the Bible.

Incedentaly... As an atheist; I rape, and murder as many people as I'm inclined to. Which has amounted to a sum total of zero so far...
BS. Laws and punishment is what keep atheists from raping. Any sense of right or wrong that an atheist feels comes from the judeo Christian culture and values. Right and wrong are Christian concepts.
Right... prior to 400 bc. No one had any concept of "right, or wrong". You hold on to that fantasy. Dont let anyone take that from you...
Incorrect, hunter-gatherer tribes such as the Sentinelese, dating as far back as 80,000 BC have a culture and system of values, order, hierarchy, and so forth, such as offering burials of the dead of those they kill in warfare; it's possible that they are more "informal" than "formal" in many cases.

How they would compare to the values within more contemporary legal systems and institutions, I am unsure. (Much as I'm not aware of anything in the Bible, or in the teachings of Jesus and so forth which reduce morality to what is "taught' directly from the Bible, much as moral and immoral behaviors documented in men and women in the Bible itself proceeded the actual writing of the Bible to begin with; this is most likely just an innovation, or archaic "tradition" of man, such as found in 19th century "legalism" and whatnot - I don't believe most serious theologians believe the Bible itself is the "only" source of morality, much as the source of morality mentioned by the individuals in the Bible itself didn't come directly from the Bible; no Bible existed when Adam and Eve had the free will to defy God, for example.

As far as evolutionary biology is concerned, it is observed that "premoral sentiments" in animals may have played a role in the biological basis and evolution of morality in human cultures, such as ant colonies having systems of class, labor division, social roles, and so forth. No modern legal system denies that passions play a role in human behavior, moral, or immoral, just as those thinking men and women who built civilizations and established laws to begin with, obviously had higher moral and rational purposes and faculty than average or ordinary men and women did, or else there would be no civilizations to begin with.

Regardless, morality in human cultures is not "reducible" to biology, but higher notions such as intentions, rational thought, motivations, and self-restraint play a role in human morality and moral philosophy.
Conceiving moral authority requires a neo cortex, and only occurs in Western civilization. It is easy to anthropomorphize moral character onto primitive tribes, even modern lefties, but that doesn't mean they understand.
Even the 9 year old children in those primitive tribes have figured out the stunted morality found in the Bible.
Biblical morality has a child like mentality

Eye for an eye?

Eye for an eye?
But it forgot about rape and slavery. Weird.

Eye for an eye?
That's not Biblical, that's Babylonian, or the Code of Hammurabi.

"The Bible" doesn't exist in a vacuum.

Eye for an eye?
Right, and plagiarized in the Bible. Very little attributed to the Bible actually originated in the Bible.

I include modern lefties in there for you, didn't you see where I did that?

It has been my experience that both atheists and theists are equally moral and immoral. There are good and bad elements within both ranks.

Joseph Stralin - atheist
Chairman Mao - atheist
Pol Pot - atheist

100,000,000 murdered by atheists

Atheism Is Evil

"Joseph Stalin - atheist
Chairman Mao - atheist
Pol Pot - atheist

100,000,000 murdered by atheists"

I'll bet that not one of those guys actually murdered anyone.

Certainly not many.

I'm sure that they TOLD people like YOU to do their killing for them and you did!

and even though stalin and mao and pol pot may have been atheists there can be NO FKN DOUBT that their minions who did all the killing were PROBABLY believers in some religion that they dare not admit.

they weren't REAL atheists. They were just mindless minins parrotin whatever their leader told them.

like trump and his minions.

and you

... Very little attributed to the Bible actually originated in the Bible.

It is fascinating to study world history, and then study the Bible. World history may not have burning bushes or parting seas like the Bible does, but there is a remarkable similarity between the two.

The problem you fundies face; is that there is a group of us... that are to your right. You aren’t the edge of the map. No matter how fringe you feel you are. You and the socialist libtards are to the “Left” of me...

The problem you fundies face; is that there is a group of us... that are to your right. You aren’t the edge of the map. No matter how fringe you feel you are. You and the socialist libtards are to the “Left” of me...

your poor parents

your poor parents
But kiddo made good...

Eye for an eye?
Right, and plagiarized in the Bible. Very little attributed to the Bible actually originated in the Bible.
Let me know what the laws on plagiarism were during the era in which the Bible originated, as well as where in the Bible you're referencing it from.

... Very little attributed to the Bible actually originated in the Bible.

It is fascinating to study world history, and then study the Bible. World history may not have burning bushes or parting seas like the Bible does, but there is a remarkable similarity between the two.
Not surprising since the OT was the oral history of a people at the cross-roads of the Middle East. Every great power from the Egyptians to the Greeks marched through. I think that Mr. Fort Fun Indiana was referring to were things like the baby in a basket story which was already legendary by the time of Moses:

While this is truly an inspiring story, it is not unique in the pantheon of great leaders of the world. In fact, most Bible scholars are blissfully unaware of similar, parallel stories occurring with great leaders much earlier than the Moses story. Those leaders were the historical King Sargon, of Sumer and Karna of Hinduism, both of which predate the Moses story by centuries.​

your poor parents
But kiddo made good...

not if you hang out here.....

but you can tell me all about that model wife and those billions you made in real estate and your new maserati......

Be specific, what are you?

You aren’t the edge of the map. No matter how fringe you feel you are. You and the socialist libtards are to the “Left” of me...

When you think of the political line, picture a number line that goes from negative ten to positive ten, and a zero right in the middle. On the left end of the line, it says hard left, and in the middle, it says middle of the road. Finally, and most important, remember what it says at the far right side of the line: It says EvMetro.

your poor parents
But kiddo made good...

not if you hang out here.....

but you can tell me all about that model wife and those billions you made in real estate and your new maserati......
How bout I I tell you about your fallacious value system instead..?

You aren’t the edge of the map. No matter how fringe you feel you are. You and the socialist libtards are to the “Left” of me...

When you think of the political line, picture a number line that goes from negative ten to positive ten, and a zero right in the middle. On the left end of the line, it says hard left, and in the middle, it says middle of the road. Finally, and most important, remember what it says at the far right side of the line: It says EvMetro.
If that were true... You’d be foisting my banner. And this discourse would never have happened...

Be specific, what are you?
Your superior...

Forum List

Back