BAD COPS: Where they are; How many; How they compare to the general public.

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
2010 Q2 NPMSRP National Police Misconduct Statistical Report

Saw a great site on bad cops and thought I'd share. Where they are. How many. Compare to the public. Etc.

3,240 cops out of 1,000,000 cited for abuse for the year.

Violent crimes committed by cops is at about 0.374% of cops.....FAR less than the general public. Yes. Stats say cops are less violent than the public (as they should be)

Huge % are in the LA, NY and Miami area. Outside of a few urban areas....most areas see relatively very few cases. However....the media turns each of these rare incidents into national news.

2010-Q2-CCPMR-Map.png
UCR-v-NPMSRP.png

Projected average of police misconduct is 970 per 100,000.

Or....0.97%

The website is policemisconduct.com and I found them to be fair. Not pro or anti cop. Just showing the facts

cops are ok , I view them as public servants doing a job and if they want to get paid then the should do their job well . Cops were pretty much unseen when I was growing up and my big complaint is that there are many more police agencies in the USA then there were when I was growing up and as a young adult and I don't like that . By saying many more cops I mean that there are a lot of armed agents running around in USA society and the mere presence hinders freedom Bucs . And nowadays many young cops are former military with a military mindset . Just a comment , hope its ok as I am not trying to derail Bucs .

Every pig is a potential bad piggy, you never know when approached by a piggy

The following statistics were compiled by the National Police Misconduct Statistics and Reporting Project on Police Brutality cases that happened between April 2009 – June 2010.

if you talk to a police officer, they will try their hardest to convince you that bad cops are few and far between and there are only a few bad apples. The following information presented inthe graphic below really puts a dent in that theory

In addition, how many feral piggy's weren't reported

Police Brutality Statistics | Cop Block

cops are ok , I view them as public servants doing a job and if they want to get paid then the should do their job well . Cops were pretty much unseen when I was growing up and my big complaint is that there are many more police agencies in the USA then there were when I was growing up and as a young adult and I don't like that . By saying many more cops I mean that there are a lot of armed agents running around in USA society and the mere presence hinders freedom Bucs . And nowadays many young cops are former military with a military mindset . Just a comment , hope its ok as I am not trying to derail Bucs .

No that's a very good topic and I agree. There ARE simply way too many law enforcement agencies out there. Each county has a sheriffs department. That should be the primary police agency in each county. The ONLY others should be for very large cities. And even then they have "metro" police formats like Charlotte. In Charlotte the CPD are the entire county police. All of Mecklenburg County.

Easier to streamline and control. More efficient.

That's the one topic in St Louis/Ferguson I agreed with. Too many departments. It should be 1 or 2 max. The county. And if it's a major city....add 1 city department.

Absolutely no reason to have 25 different agencies in 1 county. It started happening because each little city had its own mayor and council who wanted control over shit so they create their own police department.

Or....0.97%
Now show us the actions or vocal protests on the part of other (good) cops, including supervisors, which is critical of this misconduct. Keeping in mind that the percentage you've referenced is the percentage we know about -- and without the advent of ubiquitous video devices we wouldn't even know about most of those.

Every pig is a potential bad piggy, you never know when approached by a piggy

The following statistics were compiled by the National Police Misconduct Statistics and Reporting Project on Police Brutality cases that happened between April 2009 – June 2010.

if you talk to a police officer, they will try their hardest to convince you that bad cops are few and far between and there are only a few bad apples. The following information presented inthe graphic below really puts a dent in that theory

In addition, how many feral piggy's weren't reported

Police Brutality Statistics | Cop Block

Awwwe.....poor dumb white Southern male Guno up in Walterboro trying to make a point with a Cop Block link.

Psshh.....hey Guno....Cop Block link used 15 months of data for a rate that is....GASP....almost identical to the extremely low % my link provided!!

Guno....God damn you're a fucking idiot. Are you drinking the tap water out in Walterboro??? That may be what's fucking up your brain bro. There is still lead in the pipes out in Hickville where you live.

Or....0.97%
Now show us the actions or vocal protests on the part of other (good) cops, including supervisors, which is critical of this misconduct. Keeping in mind that the percentage you've referenced is the percentage we know about -- and without the advent of ubiquitous video devices we wouldn't even know about most of those.

Well....the ones cited were either charged or fired....by other law enforcement officers. So that's one sign.

Two....police are a paramilitary entity by definition and structure. They have strict policies against identifying ones self as a cop during a public protest while off duty....or....speaking on internal issues to the media or on social media.

Third....Random Cop USA is under no more obligation to apologize for any bad cop than is a random black person or Muslim obligated to do so for a black or Muslim acting wrong.

Do you see plumbers out there giving public apologies or scolding when a plumber in another part of the country commits a crime???

Or....0.97%

Well....the ones cited were either charged or fired....by other law enforcement officers. So that's one sign.

Two....police are a paramilitary entity by definition and structure. They have strict policies against identifying ones self as a cop during a public protest while off duty....or....speaking on internal issues to the media or on social media.

Third....Random Cop USA is under no more obligation to apologize for any bad cop than is a random black person or Muslim obligated to do so for a black or Muslim acting wrong.

Do you see plumbers out there giving public apologies or scolding when a plumber in another part of the country commits a crime???
Okay.

No argument.

What do you call the general public who assaults others? Criminals or Good Samaritans?

Criminals of course. That wasn't what the stat showed.

So when it says assaults you're saying assaults by the general public is not a criminal act? Sexual Assaults either? Not even Murders? Which are all listed on your stats.

Congrats, you're trailing common criminals by less than 100. Something to be proud of

What do you call the general public who assaults others? Criminals or Good Samaritans?

Criminals of course. That wasn't what the stat showed.

So when it says assaults you're saying assaults by the general public is not a criminal act? Sexual Assaults either? Not even Murders? Which are all listed on your stats.

Congrats, you're trailing common criminals by less than 100. Something to be proud of

God damn you're a dumb one.

It's comparing incidents occurring within 2 broad groups.

Some days man....your stupidity is just unworkable.

Ahh....of course....the good ole "There's WAY more bad cops because they just cover it up!! argument.

Now we are arguing hypotheticals not facts. You can say 50% of cops are bad they just cover it up. I can say statistically .30%-1% are...and maybe another 0.5% are but aren't caught.

And neither of us can prove it.

I guess most Asians eat dog you all just don't publicize it. Gross.

Forum List

Back