Bad precedent to penalize Greene

Bad precedent to penalize Greene.
Sent to my congressman:
I fear penalizing congresswoman Greene for anything done or said prior to being accepted as a member of the House would set a bad precedent. I urge you and your fellow members of congress to consider her activity only after having joined the congress. Respectfully, Supposn

I tend to agree. Not because I support what she said or did...it's all bat-shit crazy stuff as are her supporters. But, what happens is that whenever a majority uses it's authority in some new way, the moment the other major party gets that authority, they ratchet it upward. Pelosi will be kicked off every committee in 2022 if the GOP gets the house? The reason? Spite.

Just let her sit there and ask her questions for 5 minutes during the meetings. If she tries to co-sponsor a bill that you introduce...you tell the secretary that you don't want her name on your bill. Just marginalize her. She will probably serve 80 years in the House or whatever... big deal.
The problem is her constituents voted her in so she has authority. Ilhan Omar is an overt antisemite and awful human being but she has every right to sit in Congress since she was VOTED in!

Its not a problem... Both MTG and Omar and Gromert or whatever that jerk's name is have every right to be there. The Dems are making a mistake by taking this action. Pass a resolution condemning her...sure. But just ignore her otherwise.
And it is a problem for the Democrats and their new cancel culture mantra. You don't agree with us? We will boycott, cancel, end you. America 2021....

I seem to remember the GOP holding a vote on Liz Cheney....I seem to remember the AZ GOP party censuring folks.... The GOP has done it in other places as well.
Link it....DCCP is out of control.

Sent to my congressman:
I fear penalizing congresswoman Greene for anything done or said prior to being accepted as a member of the House would set a bad precedent. I urge you and your fellow members of congress to consider her activity only after having joined the congress. Respectfully, Supposn

I tend to agree. Not because I support what she said or did...it's all bat-shit crazy stuff as are her supporters. But, what happens is that whenever a majority uses it's authority in some new way, the moment the other major party gets that authority, they ratchet it upward. Pelosi will be kicked off every committee in 2022 if the GOP gets the house? The reason? Spite.

Just let her sit there and ask her questions for 5 minutes during the meetings. If she tries to co-sponsor a bill that you introduce...you tell the secretary that you don't want her name on your bill. Just marginalize her. She will probably serve 80 years in the House or whatever... big deal.
The problem is her constituents voted her in so she has authority. Ilhan Omar is an overt antisemite and awful human being but she has every right to sit in Congress since she was VOTED in!

Its not a problem... Both MTG and Omar and Gromert or whatever that jerk's name is have every right to be there. The Dems are making a mistake by taking this action. Pass a resolution condemning her...sure. But just ignore her otherwise.

The argument isn't that they shouldn't be there.
That is precisely what it is as the plan from cancel culture Democrats is to keep her away from any and all committees.

Which doesn't stop her from being there. Stripping people from their committee assignments isn't all that uncommon. It' doesn't happen a lot but it does happen.
Stripping them until they even get to a committee? She was voted in for a reason. You do this and if the GOP captures the House in two years, people like Swallowswell will be on the street too. VERY BAD idea but cancel culture party Democrats or the DCCP...is well on its way to silencing those they disagree with.

If she was elected for her crazy, well good luck with that.
I can say the same about Ilhan Omar. Who are you or I to tell the voters what to do or call them crazy? You're definitely a leftist.

I have noted for months that the (D)'s would lose the House in 2022. I am now hedging that claim because the GOP is backing even more crazy.

Republicans are going to have to build a record of Excellence on their own to win in 2022, now that they have purged Trump with their vote for Liz Cheney.

Frankly, I don't see that happening.

Sent to my congressman:

That is precisely what it is as the plan from cancel culture Democrats is to keep her away from any and all committees.

Which doesn't stop her from being there. Stripping people from their committee assignments isn't all that uncommon. It' doesn't happen a lot but it does happen.
Stripping them until they even get to a committee? She was voted in for a reason. You do this and if the GOP captures the House in two years, people like Swallowswell will be on the street too. VERY BAD idea but cancel culture party Democrats or the DCCP...is well on its way to silencing those they disagree with.

I can say the same about Ilhan Omar. Who are you or I to tell the voters what to do or call them crazy? You're definitely a leftist.

I have noted for months that the (D)'s would lose the House in 2022. I am now hedging that claim because the GOP is backing even more crazy.
Crazy is subjective. No one is crazier than Executive Order Biden. We'll see what happens.

Sent to my congressman:

Republicans are going to have to build a record of Excellence on their own to win in 2022, now that they have purged Trump with their vote for Liz Cheney.

It hurts but Pelosi has lost seats both times she was speaker. For some reason the GOP has decided to help her out here.

Sent to my congressman:

Crazy is subjective. No one is crazier than Executive Order Biden. We'll see what happens.

Right, EO's are as crazy as believing wildfires are caused by space lasers. That is not a subjective crazy.

The Republicans have a bigger problem here than the Democrats do, that's for sure.
The Democrats now have a big problem in that they are in charge and have to govern. The party that holds the presidency usually looses representatives in the house for the midterm election for this reason. It is much harder to govern than to be the nay-sayers in the minority.
To me, it just depends on the quality of the individual. Both parties have moderates who are loathed by the base but who are willing to collaborate and innovate. The country needs more of them and fewer of the nutters, in my view.

Sent to my congressman:

It hurts but Pelosi has lost seats both times she was speaker. For some reason the GOP has decided to help her out here.
We'll see

Sent to my congressman:

It is sort of goofy for the GOP to attack the Trumpster, at least before they have someone else who has a record of accomplishment who is ready to lead.

Sent to my congressman:

And it is a problem for the Democrats and their new cancel culture mantra. You don't agree with us? We will boycott, cancel, end you. America 2021....

I seem to remember the GOP holding a vote on Liz Cheney....I seem to remember the AZ GOP party censuring folks.... The GOP has done it in other places as well.

The GOP would also have to be "out of control" too then right?

The Republicans have a bigger problem here than the Democrats do, that's for sure.
The Democrats now have a big problem in that they are in charge and have to govern. The party that holds the presidency usually looses representatives in the house for the midterm election for this reason. It is much harder to govern than to be the nay-sayers in the minority.
To me, it just depends on the quality of the individual. Both parties have moderates who are loathed by the base but who are willing to collaborate and innovate. The country needs more of them and fewer of the nutters, in my view.
But having higher minimum wage, public college, and universal health insurance are not "innovative". That would literally be only a portion of the minimum required to catch up with the rest of the first world. I don't think we Americans realize how backwards and dysfunctional we have become.

So you think the Republican Party's move to anoint Ultramoderate Liz Cheney in the vote this week bodes well for the GOP in future elections? I guess we'll see.

Sent to my congressman:

It is sort of goofy for the GOP to attack the Trumpster, at least before they have someone else who has a record of accomplishment who is ready to lead.

Attack Trump? The argument is to recognize crazy and don't put crazy in leadership roles.

But having higher minimum wage, public college, and universal health insurance are not "innovative". That would literally be only a portion of the minimum required to catch up with the rest of the first world. I don't think we Americans realize how backwards and dysfunctional we have become.
That's not where the nutters in the Democratic Party are. The nutters are those who have hamstrung the party politically by leaning so much on PC, Identity Politics and Cancel Culture, all of which were animating issues for the Trumpsters in 2016. And still are.

Sent to my congressman:

Attack Trump? The argument is to recognize crazy and don't put crazy in leadership roles.

The Republican caucus attacked Trump by installing Trump Impeacher Liz Cheney into leadership.

You don't see this as an attack on the 75 million little Trumpsters?

Sent to my congressman:

The Republican caucus attacked Trump by installing Trump Impeacher Liz Cheney into leadership.

You don't see this as an attack on the 75 million little Trumpsters?

I see it as a small move away from crazy.

Well in a way. Electing a Cheney is crazy.

Representative Greene is nothing more, or less, than just another assclown in the shitshow on the Beltway ... :thup:
(Fix your Community, fix your County/Parish/Providence, fix your State ... Screw Washington DC and who gives a damn what the media, or someone somewhere else says about it)

Sent to my congressman:

That's an interesting spin. No matter what somebody did prior to getting elected, if they kept it secret, it shouldn't be held against them.

This isn't "the people elected them, knowing what they did" argument.

That's not where the nutters in the Democratic Party are. The nutters are those who have hamstrung the party politically by leaning so much on PC, Identity Politics and Cancel Culture, all of which were animating issues for the Trumpsters in 2016. And still are.
Gotcha. The overwoke crowd.

Sent to my congressman:

The GOP would also have to be "out of control" too then right?
Absolutely but not nearly as bad as the Left and here they are doing it to their own party.

Sent to my congressman:

Crazy is subjective. Are you crazy? I believe you are. But I bet you disagree.

Forum List

Back