Bain Capital closing Illinois Plant

Not one company ever, was forced to bring in Bain, it was of their own choosing and the contracts were signed.

Joe Ampad had the opportunity to read the fine print as did his lawyers. This shows the lack of understanding about business and contracts from the left, this is why most of them are broke and living on the government dole. As long as they hate business, they will never move beyond a certain point. Barack Obama is one of those guys, he doesn't get it either so Joey, Shelzin and Chris are not alone. :)

Dumbass, I deal with contracts EVERY FUCKING DAY. I'm a buyer.

And, yeah, there's a lot of legalize, but there is also an expectation that they aren't going to try to screw you over in the process.

This was certainly not the case with Bain, which did a lot of leverage buyouts.

If there is a lot of hate for business right now, it's because of the way business is acting and continuing to act.

The Dow is back to where it was pre-Crash. So why aren't they hiring? Because they want to turn the screws on working folks a couple more times. You better elect our boy, Romney, or we are going to make things worse for you.

That's seriously fucked up and shows they have way too much power.

Not one company ever, was forced to bring in Bain, it was of their own choosing and the contracts were signed.
Umm... Yeah.

*ponders*

That's ... Incorrect. Ummm... You must be willfully ignorant to say that, and... um... Yeah. o.0

Umm... Yeah.

*ponders*

That's ... Incorrect. Ummm... You must be willfully ignorant to say that, and... um... Yeah. o.0

So you're saying Bain Capital forced it's way in to failing companies, the owners of those companies didn't have a choice?? They didn't have an opportunity to review the contract documents before the ink was dry??

Umm... Yeah.

*ponders*

So you're saying Bain Capital forced it's way in to failing companies, the owners of those companies didn't have a choice?? They didn't have an opportunity to review the contract documents before the ink was dry??
*blink*blink*

Not every company... But yes... That is exactly what I'm saying. Darlin... You don't know what you are talking about here. I'll be honest with you that I'm sure there are people who know more about this than I do... But holy shit... Please... Stop talking until you google... or ... Something.

Umm... Yeah.

*ponders*

*blink*blink*

Not every company... But yes... That is exactly what I'm saying. Darlin... You don't know what you are talking about here. I'll be honest with you that I'm sure there are people who know more about this than I do... But holy shit... Please... Stop talking until you google... or ... Something.

Oh come on, quit being so dramatic. An owner can shut a company down before they call Bain in, quit playing victim.

You know nothing about business, that's obvious.

Last edited:

Joe Ampad had the opportunity to read the fine print as did his lawyers. This shows the lack of understanding about business and contracts from the left, this is why most of them are broke and living on the government dole. As long as they hate business, they will never move beyond a certain point. Barack Obama is one of those guys, he doesn't get it either so Joey, Shelzin and Chris are not alone. :)

And, yeah, there's a lot of legalize, but there is also an expectation that they aren't going to try to screw you over in the process.

If there is a lot of hate for business right now, it's because of the way business is acting and continuing to act.

The Dow is back to where it was pre-Crash. So why aren't they hiring? Because they want to turn the screws on working folks a couple more times. You better elect our boy, Romney, or we are going to make things worse for you.

Your paranoid tinfoil hat explanations are ridiculous. Businesses aren't hiring because they are unsure of the economy, unsure of the regulatory environment and remember two brutal cash crunches over the past decade. The Dow near highs is due as much to QE as anything.

"They want to turn the screws on working people." FFS, is that ever stupid.

Umm... Yeah.

*ponders*

*blink*blink*

I know what I'm talking about and I don't know what you're talking about. The only way Bain could take over a company that didn't choose to sell would be to buy the fulcrum debt security in bankruptcy. What other way could they do it?

*blink*blink*

Oh come on, quit being so dramatic. An owner can shut a company down before they call Bain in, quit playing victim.

Companies don't even "call Bain in." Almost always, when Bain buys a company, they do it either through calling the company many times and convincing the board to sell, or more likely through an auction process run by an investment bank.

Let's try to get back on topic...

The move was in the works prior to Senesta actually buying the auto-sensor manufacturing unit from Honeywell... meaning prior to Bain's involvement. In other words, Bain did not decide to move the Senesta works to China, it had been planned since before Bain was even involved.

Epic FAIL thread

To those who are concerned that nations may be losing a net amount of jobs due to outsourcing, some[3] point out that insourcing also occurs. According to a study by Mary Amiti and Shang-Jin Wei,[4] in the United States, the United Kingdom, and many other industrialized countries more jobs are insourced than outsourced. They found that out of all the countries in the world they studied, the U.S. and the U.K. actually have the largest net trade surpluses in business services. Countries with a net deficit in business services include Indonesia, Germany and Ireland......

Insourcing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Something everyone clearly understands.............LOL

*blink*blink*

I know what I'm talking about and I don't know what you're talking about. The only way Bain could take over a company that didn't choose to sell would be to buy the fulcrum debt security in bankruptcy. What other way could they do it?
By being all mean and evil and stuff.

*blink*blink*

*blink*blink*
Ok

Ok. I tried to help in a very nice way I must say.

Shelzin... If this happened, surely you can link to proof that Bain forced it's way into companies... or at least one company, right?

Last edited:
*blink*blink*

Eflatminor... Please help. You are a kind soul and I don't think most people replying to me are worthy of my responses that I'm thinking to give. It's almost like they don't know that there are Public companies and Private ones.

*blink*blink*

Eflatminor... Please help. You are a kind soul and I don't think most people replying to me are worthy of my responses that I'm thinking to give. It's almost like they don't know that there are Public companies and Private ones.

Shelzin... If this happened, surely you can link to proof that Bain forced it's way into companies... or at least one company, right?

*blink*blink*

For both private and public companies, the majority of shares must be cast in favor in a shareholder vote before it can be sold.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Your paranoid tinfoil hat explanations are ridiculous. Businesses aren't hiring because they are unsure of the economy, unsure of the regulatory environment and remember two brutal cash crunches over the past decade. The Dow near highs is due as much to QE as anything.

"They want to turn the screws on working people." FFS, is that ever stupid.

I was never a big player financially. My company with my ex did pretty well considering we're talking the 70's and 80's in the music world.

In the 90's I worked for a company and sold an average of $50K a month in a pet store. :D
We're talking a lot of hamster food.

Past 2000 I risked all I had with my husband to start a kennel and bought my apples from the tree with Louisiana Catahoulas.

I succeeded. Again. No one can put you down. No one can suppress you. You are as big as your dreams.

And my dreams have been stellar.

I've eaten a lot of KD in my time. But my dreams have come true.

These that post that they are downtrodden are foolish idiots.

No. I can't. Do you know why?

So what you are admitting is that Bain is a vulture, then?

bain-capital-harvest-time-what-now-438.jpg

Stupid quote of the day so far, Joe. Where would the companies be today without the help of Bain? I tell you, a failed company.....a company that could only be found in history.
Sheeesh :eusa_eh:

Sorry, I don't buy that.

GS STeel was around for 100 years before Bain got their hooks into them. So was AmPad, which did survive it's encounter with Bain and is thriving today.... after Bain looted it.

Bain is not what Romney is portraying it as. It was there to loot and harvest. Romney was a real life Gordon Gekko.

True, steel production was around the Kansas City area for a century, and guess what? The last steel plant to close there, AK Steel Corp. (formerly known are Armco), closed there in 2001, 3 months after GST closed.
In its heyday after World War II, McCoy said, the (AK) steel mill's production was among the most diverse in the nation. It employed thousands of people and supported the surrounding working-class neighborhoods with jobs that passed from generation to generation.

But that stability is long gone. Steel production in the Blue River valley probably will end this month, more than a century after it began.

The plant to close previous to AK Steel, was GST, the Bain Co.. It was one of the last holdouts.
Steel's dying ember - Kansas City Business Journal
The reason for all the companies to close? Chinese cheap steel, as well as increasing energy prices. But guess what? In 2010
Chinese started closing down many of their steel mills due to the decrease in prices.

Why is it that Steel Dynamics and its success under Bain is never mentioned?

Forum List

Back