Baker who won SCOTUS suit being sued for refusing to bake a “Trans” Cake

Why didn't they just find another lunch counter? Nobody said they had to eat at Woolworth's.
View attachment 471415

View attachment 471416

I don't think it is "apples and oranges". In both cases, the principle is the same. And if we're going to resolve the dispute over this issue we've got to admit that and address it head on. We need to recognize that the laws and polices we adopted for dealing with racism were bad, in principle, and we shouldn't apply them to other similar problems.

Last edited:
If these guys had walked into the bakery
View attachment 471417

and asked for a chocolate cake with strawberry icing, and the baker refused, you might have a point.

They didn't.

the buyers requested a cake with decorations he found offensive.
My husband and I went into a bakery once and requested a birthday cake for my mother to be made. The Decorator almost refused to do the cake because she found the message offensive. My husband requrested that HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLD BAG be put on the cake--------had our request been completely refused, we simply would have had the cake made elsewhere.

Business's should have the right to refuse customers, just as customers have the right to refuse them. A business refusing business is unlikely to stay in business long. AND btw, what fucking idiot wants food made by someone who doesn't like them in a cake business.
This isn't about rights. This is all about submission.

Why didn't they just find another lunch counter? Nobody said they had to eat at Woolworth's.
View attachment 471415

View attachment 471416

I don't think it is "apples and oranges". In both cases, the principle is the same. And if we're going to resolve the dispute over this issue we've got to admit that and address it head on. We need to recognize that the laws and polices we adopted for dealing with racism were bad, in principle, and we shouldn't apply them to other similar problems.

In both cases, the principle is the same.

No, it isn't.

View attachment 471415

View attachment 471416

No, it isn't.

In both cases, the target is "discrimination". In both cases, the state is mandating that someone accommodate someone else against their will. Both indulge the concepts of "protected class" and "public accommodations". The principles and justification for government forcing restaurants to serve blacks are the exact the same principles and justifications used for forcing a baker to bake cakes for gays.

My point is that they are bad principles and we shouldn't generalize them. Racism has been such a crippling problem in this country that it's easy to see how we turned to overreaching government to solve it. But we must realize that it was overreaching government, and we should avoid indulging it further.

View attachment 471415

View attachment 471416

No, it isn't.
How do they materially differ? Does the bakery have an approved list of words that can be written on a cake? If your name is not on that list, will they refuse to wish you happy birthday?

You can’t make this shit up. The left are targeting this man for his religious beliefs.
The newest unhinged lunatic is trying to force him to bake a cake that is blue on the outside and pink on the inside to represent the freak’s “transition”.

Trans_Pride_cake.jpg

Why can’t the idiot go to another cake shop, or make their own? Oh yea, because the real goal is to destroy the lives of anyone that disagrees with their batshit crazy Agenda.
What religious ceremony would the baker be forced to participate in with the trans cake?

It's not religious freedom that's being targeted - it's any resistance to their social engineering agenda. The freedoms at risk are much broader and more fundamental - freedom of conscience, freedom of association. Making this narrowly about religious freedom is a mistake.

Well who made the idiot baker's argument about religion to start with? Since it was all about religion before, I don't see how that ruling could have anything to do with this cake.

You might not appreciate the baker's religion, Christianity, and you might disagree with the Christian idea that Almighty God put Adam and Eve (not Steve) into the garden.

But you are beyond the pale in calling the belief "idiotic".

I disagree with the islamic hatred of bacon and the Hindu's worship of the Sacred Cow and the Shintoist thought that the emperor is Almighty God.

However, I wouldn't call them "idiotic."
I said he was an idiot. I suspect he only used his religion as an excuse to justify his bigotry like so many other right wingers do.

Why can't the people wanting the cake just go to another baker?

Are they trying to make a point, or get a payday?
They clearly targeted the guy because he refused to bake a cake for a gay wedding.

You can’t make this shit up. The left are targeting this man for his religious beliefs.
The newest unhinged lunatic is trying to force him to bake a cake that is blue on the outside and pink on the inside to represent the freak’s “transition”.

Trans_Pride_cake.jpg

Why can’t the idiot go to another cake shop, or make their own? Oh yea, because the real goal is to destroy the lives of anyone that disagrees with their batshit crazy Agenda.
What religious ceremony would the baker be forced to participate in with the trans cake?

It's not religious freedom that's being targeted - it's any resistance to their social engineering agenda. The freedoms at risk are much broader and more fundamental - freedom of conscience, freedom of association. Making this narrowly about religious freedom is a mistake.

Well who made the idiot baker's argument about religion to start with? Since it was all about religion before, I don't see how that ruling could have anything to do with this cake.

You might not appreciate the baker's religion, Christianity, and you might disagree with the Christian idea that Almighty God put Adam and Eve (not Steve) into the garden.

But you are beyond the pale in calling the belief "idiotic".

I disagree with the islamic hatred of bacon and the Hindu's worship of the Sacred Cow and the Shintoist thought that the emperor is Almighty God.

However, I wouldn't call them "idiotic."
I said he was an idiot. I suspect he only used his religion as an excuse to justify his bigotry like so many other right wingers do.
But your bigotry against Christians is good and righteous.
Oh? What does the Bible say about trans-gendered?

View attachment 471415

View attachment 471416

No, it isn't.

In both cases, the target is "discrimination". In both cases, the state is mandating that someone accommodate someone else against their will. Both indulge the concepts of "protected class" and "public accommodations". The principles and justification for government forcing restaurants to serve blacks are the exact the same principles and justifications used for forcing a baker to bake cakes for gays.

My point is that they are bad principles and we shouldn't generalize them. Racism has been such a crippling problem in this country that it's easy to see how we turned to overreaching government to solve it. But we must realize that it was overreaching government, and we should avoid indulging it further.
In both cases, the target is "discrimination".

No, it isn't

Both indulge the concepts of "protected class" and "public accommodations".

Protected class?

not quite

The principles and justification for government forcing restaurants to serve blacks are the exact the same principles and justifications used for forcing a baker to bake cakes for gays.

By the same reasoning, would you force a Jewish baker to create a Birthday cake for Adolph Hitler?

If the transsexuals had asked the baker to create a simple birthday cake, you would have a point.

View attachment 471415

View attachment 471416

No, it isn't.
How do they materially differ? Does the bakery have an approved list of words that can be written on a cake? If your name is not on that list, will they refuse to wish you happy birthday?

ask a Jewish baker to make a birthday cake celebrating the anniversary of Hitler.

Ask a Black baker to create a cake celebrating the KKK.

View attachment 471415

View attachment 471416

No, it isn't.

ask a Jewish baker to make a birthday cake celebrating the anniversary of Hitler.

Talk about apples and oranges.
icon_rolleyes.gif

What on Earth did a tranny do to that baker which equates to what Hitler did to Jews or what the KKK did to blacks??

View attachment 471415

View attachment 471416

No, it isn't.

No, it isn't

Protected class?

not quite
How so?
The principles and justification for government forcing restaurants to serve blacks are the exact the same principles and justifications used for forcing a baker to bake cakes for gays.

By the same reasoning, would you force a Jewish baker to create a Birthday cake for Adolph Hitler?

I wouldn't use that reasoning at all. It's bad reasoning. That's my point.

But it's the reasoning they use to justify these laws. If Adolph Hitler was covered by a protected class, the government would force the Jewish baker to service him.

View attachment 471415

View attachment 471416

No, it isn't.

No, it isn't

Protected class?

not quite
How so?

But it's the reasoning they use to justify these laws. If Adolph Hitler was covered by a protected class, the government would force the Jewish baker to service him.

If Adolph Hitler was covered by a protected class, the government would force the Jewish baker to service him.

I'd like to see the judge that found for that.

I doubt he'd be on the bench for long.

View attachment 471415

View attachment 471416

No, it isn't.

Screenshot_20210323-210223_Samsung Internet.jpg

:itsok:

View attachment 471415

View attachment 471416

No, it isn't.

No, it isn't

Protected class?

not quite
How so?

If Adolph Hitler was covered by a protected class, the government would force the Jewish baker to service him.

Some states have already made political affiliation a protected class. With a good lawyer Hitler might have a case.

Trans_Pride_cake.jpg

Because they HATE losing. They will continue their attacks on this poor guy until he either shuts down, or they die.
100% correct. They will never be satisfied until everyoneon this planet complies with their every demand. And even then they will find someone or something to hate. The left is and always has been the biggest threat to this country. The right have a few wingnuts , but the left is 100% wingnuts and they will never quit until they destroy everythng they touch . They stick together like cotton candy , but I guarantee there is nothing sweet about them.

View attachment 471415

View attachment 471416

No, it isn't.

No, it isn't

Protected class?

not quite
How so?

Some states have already made political affiliation a protected class. With a good lawyer Hitler might have a good case.

Some states have already made political affiliation a protected class.

This whole thread reeks of

1616548767881.png

REALLY reeks.

View attachment 471415

View attachment 471416

No, it isn't.

No, it isn't

Protected class?

not quite
How so?

Some states have already made political affiliation a protected class. With a good lawyer Hitler might have a good case.

Some states have already made political affiliation a protected class.

This whole thread reeks of

View attachment 471535

REALLY reeks.

Huh? Not sure what you're getting at here.

View attachment 471415

View attachment 471416

No, it isn't.
Doesn't matter. It's their business.

Forum List

Back