Baker who won SCOTUS suit being sued for refusing to bake a “Trans” Cake

If these guys had walked into the bakery
View attachment 471417

and asked for a chocolate cake with strawberry icing, and the baker refused, you might have a point.

They didn't.

the buyers requested a cake with decorations he found offensive.
My husband and I went into a bakery once and requested a birthday cake for my mother to be made. The Decorator almost refused to do the cake because she found the message offensive. My husband requrested that HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLD BAG be put on the cake--------had our request been completely refused, we simply would have had the cake made elsewhere.

Business's should have the right to refuse customers, just as customers have the right to refuse them. A business refusing business is unlikely to stay in business long. AND btw, what fucking idiot wants food made by someone who doesn't like them in a cake business.
This isn't about rights. This is all about submission.
I heard the same argument used in the 60s about MLK Jr. and the Civil Rights movement.

You might not appreciate the baker's religion, Christianity, and you might disagree with the Christian idea that Almighty God put Adam and Eve (not Steve) into the garden.

Please state what denomination/sect this guy is in. Christianity is an extremely generic term for a religion followed by millions, and not all Christians hold to this idea or would act the way this guy does.

I don't believe this is fundamentally a matter of religion. What one finds offensive, while it may have a religious justification, is purely a matter of personal feelings.

You may find that an Orthodox Jewish baker, or a Muslim baker, might hold the same views.

Is there a reason why those types of establishments were not the target of this protest?
Go to Dearborn Mi. and try to pull that shit with a Muslim Bakery.
Why not?

You can’t make this shit up. The left are targeting this man for his religious beliefs.
The newest unhinged lunatic is trying to force him to bake a cake that is blue on the outside and pink on the inside to represent the freak’s “transition”.

Trans_Pride_cake.jpg

Why can’t the idiot go to another cake shop, or make their own? Oh yea, because the real goal is to destroy the lives of anyone that disagrees with their batshit crazy Agenda.
What religious ceremony would the baker be forced to participate in with the trans cake?

They guy also doesn't do Halloween cakes because it goes against his religion.

try again, you fascist fuck.

You can’t make this shit up. The left are targeting this man for his religious beliefs.
The newest unhinged lunatic is trying to force him to bake a cake that is blue on the outside and pink on the inside to represent the freak’s “transition”.

Trans_Pride_cake.jpg

Why can’t the idiot go to another cake shop, or make their own? Oh yea, because the real goal is to destroy the lives of anyone that disagrees with their batshit crazy Agenda.
What religious ceremony would the baker be forced to participate in with the trans cake?

Big deal. Lots of people opposed integration, claiming their religion opposed it. My grandmother even told me people opposed cars, the telephone, and indoor plumbing based on their religion. It seems to be a catch all for anyone who opposes progress but can't find a logical reason why.

Trans_Pride_cake.jpg

Big deal. Lots of people opposed integration, claiming their religion opposed it. My grandmother even told me people opposed cars, the telephone, and indoor plumbing based on their religion. It seems to be a catch all for anyone who opposes progress but can't find a logical reason why.
Did anyone force them to build cars, telephones, or plumbing? How can you be this dumb?

Question for supporters of these laws: what criteria do you use for deciding what the "protected classes" should be?

I have never heard of anyone who needs a career change more than this baker.
So we are going to force bakers to change their careers, while allowing Transgender competitors to force other athletes out of their sports? Why is it the responsibility of other people to take on hardship, when someone else imposes conflicts instead of resolving them?

How hard is it to either select a different baker or allow a business to subcontract the design work to someone else?

Why not set up equal venues to accommodate such requests (such as LGBT bakery services, where the money raised goes toward helping LGBT with transitioning costs. Or Unisex bathrooms and sports caregories instead of lawsuits).

These conflicts are not necessary, unless people are looking for a fight.

In this case, the person admits that was the purpose of going back to this baker and demanding a design that was against his beliefs.

If these guys had walked into the bakery
View attachment 471417

and asked for a chocolate cake with strawberry icing, and the baker refused, you might have a point.

They didn't.

the buyers requested a cake with decorations he found offensive.
My husband and I went into a bakery once and requested a birthday cake for my mother to be made. The Decorator almost refused to do the cake because she found the message offensive. My husband requrested that HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLD BAG be put on the cake--------had our request been completely refused, we simply would have had the cake made elsewhere.

Business's should have the right to refuse customers, just as customers have the right to refuse them. A business refusing business is unlikely to stay in business long. AND btw, what fucking idiot wants food made by someone who doesn't like them in a cake business.
This isn't about rights. This is all about submission.
I heard the same argument used in the 60s about MLK Jr. and the Civil Rights movement.
I'm sure you hear lots of things and voices in your head.

Trans_Pride_cake.jpg

Did anyone force them to build cars, telephones, or plumbing? How can you be this dumb?
Still waiting for the verse in the Bible where it condemns transgenderism...

Trans_Pride_cake.jpg

Coveting.

Thou shalt not covet anything that belongs to thy neighbor.

The cases of UNNATURAL desires to have the body or features of the other gender is coveting physical gendee of other people. If people are naturally the identity they claim, they do not suffer conflicts but are at peace and do not covet anything outside their control.

The right to override the consent of others is coveting control of public policy and forcing one's beliefs on others by central authority.

Coveting the right to compete in women's sports.

Coveting public resources and taxpayer money to pay for transition as a medical procedure or pay for court and legislative costs of establishing these personal policies through federal govt.

Faun all this Coveting business, including LGBT political and Political Bullying "in general" for dominating and Coveting govt representation by one party over another,
comes from not forgiving past conflicts or abuses, including generational conditions passed down and inherited spiritually, socially or sometimes physically.

The Bible warns
* if we forgive others then we are forgiven
* if we do not forgive others then we are not forgiven
* sins of the father will be revisited on the sons (ie future generations) until the fourth or fifth generations

Many of the ills, abuses, and addictive disorders we see today are consequences of conflicts or issues from the past, not yet fully forgiven corrected or resolved.
Once we forgive them, these can be healed.

James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another and pray for one another that you may be healed

Last edited:

Trans_Pride_cake.jpg

The Constitutional argument is against Govt forcing someone into speech or expression against their free will and beliefs. Decorating a cake to "express celebration or support for transgender cultural practices" is a choice of expression, that defendants are trying to protect from Govt FORCING someone to do under penalty of law.

What is noticeably biased is the customer *deliberately targeting* this baker personally. The baker did not seek to target this person who deliberately initiated this service *for the purpose of inciting a KNOWN conflict.*

Why isn't that recognized as harassment?

The baker is only reacting to the CONTENT of the message and design/decoration of the cake. It is nothing personal against this person. But this person is deliberately picking on this particular man, because of his beliefs known to be against homosexual and transgender practices as unnatural.

This is like going to Muslim bakery and harassing the owners by demanding they bake a cake decorated with Mohammad's image. Or bake a cake in the shape of a pink pig on a platter chopped into slices.

I know some traditional Buddhists who will also refuse to make commercialized images of Buddha for decoration, but reserve these for temple altars only.

It would be equally abusive to target such a person at their business, and demand they provide services designing an image or replica of Buddha for decorative use.

Just the ACT of doing that would run contrary to their belief practices, and would not be fair to abuse Govt to force that by law or mandatory court order.

Harassment? Really? The baker is refusing to bake a cake that is pink on the inside and blue on the outside. Both of those requirements are quite common, and neither require any assumed artistic ability. The only possible problem the baker might have would be with what was to be written on the cake (not mentioned in the article) or the specific person who was ordering the cake. I don't agree with you often, but I do respect your usually reasoned opinion. You're stretching a little too far this time.
Can we agree the personal conflict is MUTUAL between this customer and this baker. So they should both agree to refrain from doing business together if they conflict so much in their different beliefs.

Can you please explain why this customer HAS to get this service from this particular baker with full knowledge they have a conflict, and deliberately making that conflict the subject of both the cake and the lawsuit.

Where is the attempt to resolve this amicably?

Would you agree both parties could have agreed to hire the work out to a willing Vendor to avoid a lawsuit for political statements?

Trans_Pride_cake.jpg

And now lefties are the ones wanting segregation again. Sorry, but forcing a baker to bake a trans cake isn't the same as standing up against Jim Crow.

Trans_Pride_cake.jpg

Still waiting for the words "abortion is legal" to be found in the constitution.

Trans_Pride_cake.jpg

Coveting.

The cases of UNNATURAL desires to have the body or features of the other gender is coveting physical gendee of other people. If people are naturally the identity they claim, they do not suffer conflicts but are at peace and do not covet anything outside their control.

The right to override the consent of others is coveting control of public policy and forcing one's beliefs on others by central authority.

Coveting public resources and taxpayer money to pay for transition as a medical procedure or pay for court and legislative costs of establishing these personal policies through federal govt.

Faun all this Coveting business, including LGBT political and Political Bullying "in general" for dominating and Coveting govt representation by one party over another,
comes from not forgiving past conflicts or abuses, including generational conditions passed down and inherited spiritually, socially or sometimes physically.

The Bible warns
* sins of the father will be revisited on the sons (ie future generations) until the fourth or fifth generations

Many of the ills, abuses, and addictive disorders we see today are consequences of conflicts or issues from the past, not yet fully forgiven corrected or resolved.

Confess your faults one to another and pray for one another that you may be healed
So it's a sin to want a Ferrari??

Trans_Pride_cake.jpg

Still waiting for the words "abortion is legal" to be found in the constitution.
Where it doesn't state it's illegal.

Trans_Pride_cake.jpg

Where it doesn't state it's illegal.

The warren court found the right out of thin air, and stopped States from legislating on it.

Overturning Roe wouldn't make abortion illegal, it would return the issue to the States.

Trans_Pride_cake.jpg

Coveting.

The Bible warns

Again, a stretch too far. Covet means to inordinately desire what another has, implying there is only one of the item to be had. I want a boat just like my neighbor's. I can desire to have one just like it, but I can't just take his. Trans people aren't trying to take anyone's gender from them. they just want one like it.

Forum List

Back