🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Baker Who Won’t Make Cakes for Same-Sex Weddings Appeals Mandatory Re-Education Order

Bake the damn cakes...

I dunno. These are all state laws, and they differ, but I doubt they force people to engage in what most of us would say is hate speech (a KKK cake). I think a baker could get away with, "of course I'll bake you our standard wedding cake, subject to your preference of flavor and color, but if you want two grooms on it, please provide them yourselves."
As long as they don't provide cake toppers, for anyone.

We'll give you one groom and one bridegroom. Do with them as you will. (-:

He was asked to bake a cake for a gay wedding. According to his faith, homosexuality is a sin. He can't participate in or attend any gay themed event. That means no catering gay weddings or baking any gay wedding cakes. Doing so would be in violation of his faith, which is equivalent to abandoning his faith.

You can't maintain your faith if you don't follow it's teachings.

What faith is that?
A Christian faith, but the faith itself is irrelevant. According to the First Amendment, he should not be forced to give up his faith.

Truth here is that phobes who can't get it up and are scared they're gay are using a guy who died 2000 years ago as their excuse for hate. Hell, you guys don't believe in a god. All you believe in is controlling what others do.

I dunno. These are all state laws, and they differ, but I doubt they force people to engage in what most of us would say is hate speech (a KKK cake). I think a baker could get away with, "of course I'll bake you our standard wedding cake, subject to your preference of flavor and color, but if you want two grooms on it, please provide them yourselves."
As long as they don't provide cake toppers, for anyone.

We'll give you one groom and one bridegroom. Do with them as you will. (-:
Doesn't work that way, but thanks.

Pretty amazing to watch.

Watch every last word you say in public. Watch every last word you say in private. Watch who you choose to challenge. Don't speak up for yourself to the wrong people. Don't "offend" the wrong people. Fire anyone who says anything that might offend anyone, anywhere.

Or the PC Police will come after you.

I have to admit, I never thought I would see this in America 2014, never.

What faith is that?
A Christian faith, but the faith itself is irrelevant. According to the First Amendment, he should not be forced to give up his faith.

Truth here is that phobes who can't get it up and are scared they're gay are using a guy who died 2000 years ago as their excuse for hate. Hell, you guys don't believe in a god. All you believe in is controlling what others do.
1sm066eyeroll.gif

So if the head of the klan walked in a black owned bakery and demanded a kkk cake. You would tell him, bake the cake, wish them happiness and move on?

Bake the damn cakes...

Or sell packs of one female, one male; then he sells more packs of plastic figurines.

What denomination says a baker can't cater to a gay wedding? (Westboro?) Would Jesus tell him he can't sell baked goods to a gay couple, no wait, he already admitted he would be willing to sell to them, just not a wedding cake, so it's not about participation. It's all about his personal opposition to the fact that a gay couple is getting married, so in essence he's taking his ball and he's going home.
I don't know about his denomination, however as a practicing Catholic, I do actively follow the teachings of my faith. That includes acknowledging that homosexuality is a sin. This means not participating in gay parades, or gay weddings in any way. I would surely bake a cake for any gay person, provided it were not used in any type of gay themed event. I've worked with gay colleagues, and customers and believe that they have a right to their lifestyle. However just don't ask me to give up my faith in order to accommodate their lifestyle.

That's funny I grew up Catholic and went to a Catholic High School and I don't recall any teaching restricting participating commercially in those things. Of course there was no gay marriage or gay pride parades back then.......fuck, I'm old........:lol::lol:

What faith is that?

No hate in useless rant.

And liberals love, LUV, to prance around telling everyone that they protect human rights and they fight for freedom and equality. Delusional twits.

This is outright oppression. It's a complete stomping on the Human Right of Free Association.

And liberals love, LUV, to prance around telling everyone that they protect human rights and they fight for freedom and equality. Delusional twits.

This is outright oppression. It's a complete stomping on the Human Right of Free Association.
Public accommodations have no such right. If they hit the door with cash, the phrase is "Welcome customer"...

I support the Civil Rights Act.

I sure as hell don't. Whether you support oppression for noble reasons or evil reasons, at the end of the day you're still a god damed oppressor of innocent people.

Why are liberals so damn allergic to learning lessons from history?

There is a lot of merit to the saying "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Raping the human rights of people is NEVER a good idea, no matter how noble your motives.

The issue has nothing to do with religious beliefs or civil rights. Those are red herrings. It has to do with defining public vs. private accommodations and easements.

however...continue on ....

Yes, and public accomodations must be open to the public(.)

That's simple enough to fix. Change public accommodation law so that it no longer violates human rights.

Yes, I get the fact that you have a lot of mean-spirited opinions. And, as I suspected, you have nothing to back them up other than frustration, hate, and bitterness. Now THERE is a faith worth upholding.

So every person who has lived on this planet who believed marriage is a man and woman was mean spirited. Funny.

They are mean spirited if they pedal an agenda that causes psychological damage and increases the suicide rate among a class of people.

The suicide rate amongst homosexuals has remained steady over the 50 years despite the improved social acceptance of homosexuality. Steady. That is not expected if homosexuals are offing themselves due to situational depression caused by social stigma.

The more parsimonious explanation is that there is a higher risk of mental health issues in homosexuals than in heterosexuals. This position is supported by higher incidence of other mental health illnesses WHICH ARE NOT BROUGHT ON BY SOCIAL STIMULI.

The issue has nothing to do with religious beliefs or civil rights. Those are red herrings. It has to do with defining public vs. private accommodations and easements.

however...continue on ....

I think the cake shop is a retail business serving the public. He offered to sell them a number of other baked goods, just not a "Wedding Cake".

The cake shop is a private business which serves anyone who volunteers to patronize such an establishment. Anti-trust law would come into effect if they were the only cake shop in the market, but that is not the case. There is no public easement.

Arguing that cake shops are public amounts to a claim that everyone should buy wedding cakes at the post office. Which is kind of ....a difficult proposition to defend.

Last edited:

Public accommodations have no such right. If they hit the door with cash, the phrase is "Welcome customer"...

Administrative law doesn't trump human rights. If there is a conflict, law has to give way to human rights.

Baker Who Won’t Make Cakes for Same-Sex Weddings Appeals Mandatory Re-Education Order

Good, he's a business not a church. Bake the damn cakes.

Governmental force instead of persuasion and reason, the calling card of the progressive.
Reason says if you do it for money, then do it for money. Cash is King in this case, not Jesus.

and who the fuck are you to tell people what is king or not? i swear you assholes are like the god damn Sith in star wars. you can't understand things, so you need to control them.

Fuck off and die.

Jesus made it a point to hang out with some of the worst sinners of his day. That's how he ministered to them.

So you can hate and refuse to associate with people and call it your religious conviction if you want. Just don't call it Christianity.

And that was by CHOICE. not some judge and government committee telling him he had to hang out with them and accept their way of life.

Jesus also did hang out with them, he forgave them, but he did not condone or approve of their behavior. Judging isn't his job, that's the job of the Father when it comes to the Trinity.

Forum List

Back