🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Baker Who Won’t Make Cakes for Same-Sex Weddings Appeals Mandatory Re-Education Order

Housing segregation and block busting had absolutely nothing to do with any type of government endorsement.

It did when the government agents (police) would do nothing to protect the 'wrong" people who moved into a neighborhood. All our recent efforts aren't doing much either, because of the simple fact that people sometimes prefer to live around people like them.

OK, so government wouldn't support minorities who were being discriminated against? That's bad, right?

When it comes to intrinsic things, like housing, or the ability to travel, or basic foodstuffs, the government may have a compelling interest in preventing discriminatory practices. A baker for wedding cakes is not a necessity of life, nor does having to go to another baker injure the party in question. In addition, the position of the government or progressives, "follow my rules or give up your livelihood" is far more damaging to society than someones hurt feelings over their lifestyle not being approved of.

Renounce his faith? He was asked to bake a cake(.)

I believe that the baker could have handled it in a way that would have kept this out of the courts.

Why not say something like:

"Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I'm flattered that you ask me to bake your cake. I'm sorry, but my religious beliefs would prevent me from giving it my very best effort. Don't you think you'd be happier with a baker who could be a wholehearted partner with you on your special day?"

I can't help but think being honest, respectful, and polite rarely gets you into trouble.

Makes sense also, along with baking the darned cake, and praying the customers will be saved.

He could have prayed that they be saved very publicly and very loudly. Like at the wedding when he delivered the cake. And told them that all profit from that cake would be donated to a prominent anti gay group.

Yes. Live and let live.

MYOB

Bake the cake, wish them happines and move on.

Yes, live and let live. Stop targeting Christians for the purpose of forcing them to submit to your queer agenda. Live and let live. Try it.

Once again - Jesus made of point of hanging out with some of the worst sinners of his day. That's how he ministered to them.

So you can avoid contact with people and call it "religious conviction" if you want.

But you can't call it Christian.

Glad you recognize that homosexuals are sinning! All those that Jesus hung out with, changed their ways, and renounced the sins in their lives.

And liberals love, LUV, to prance around telling everyone that they protect human rights and they fight for freedom and equality. Delusional twits.

This is outright oppression. It's a complete stomping on the Human Right of Free Association.
Public accommodations have no such right. If they hit the door with cash, the phrase is "Welcome customer"...

Administrative law doesn't trump human rights. If there is a conflict, law has to give way to human rights.
There is no human rights violation in requiring that businesses be run like businesses, not private clubs or churches.

Yes, live and let live. Stop targeting Christians for the purpose of forcing them to submit to your queer agenda. Live and let live. Try it.

Once again - Jesus made of point of hanging out with some of the worst sinners of his day. That's how he ministered to them.

So you can avoid contact with people and call it "religious conviction" if you want.

Glad you recognize that homosexuals are sinning! All those that Jesus hung out with, changed their ways, and renounced the sins in their lives.
They did? What Bible did you read?

I wish I could buy some cakes from this business..

I like their style.

Baker Who Won?t Make Cakes for Same-Sex Weddings Appeals Mandatory Re-Education Order

The commission’s order requires Phillips to design wedding cakes for same-sex ceremonies in violation of his beliefs, institute re-education classes for his staff on the Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act and send quarterly “compliance” reports to the commission for two years.

::::::::::

This is the issue at the heart of the appeal: Phillips claims the government should not be forcing business owners to betray their consciences and convey what they do not believe. Even more importantly, he says, the government should not be in the business of “rehabilitating” consciences or “re-educating” its citizens to change their moral beliefs about the definition of marriage.

Repeal the equal access laws then....then businesses everywhere can refuse service to blacks, to women, to hispanics, to handicapped too.

We are supposed to run our laws by your jesus religion?

Baker Who Won’t Make Cakes for Same-Sex Weddings Appeals Mandatory Re-Education Order

Good, he's a business not a church. Bake the damn cakes.

I see it as his business, so he can do what he likes.
However, putting ethics before business makes him an idiot.

I'm not a fan of gay marriage (not because I'm anti gay, more pro marriage) but, if I owned a business, I'd bake the fucking cake.

Yes. Live and let live.

MYOB

Bake the cake, wish them happines and move on.

If they're anti-gay homophobes, they are not Christian.

But, from what I've seen, most people who say they're christian are just haters who carry bibles.

You are very wrong there! If a Christian is NOT anti-gay, they are not a Christian. The Bible clearly states, that homosexual acts are an abomination before God.

If they're anti-gay homophobes, they are not Christian.

But, from what I've seen, most people who say they're christian are just haters who carry bibles.

Either way, their stated religion has nothing to do with human rights or our constitution.

Jesus said marriage is a man and woman. Jesus Christ is an anti-gay homophobe. Read your constitution about freedom of religion.

Please link Jesus' words.

I have no problem giving you a lesson on what the Bible actually says.

Leviticus 18:21'You shall not give any of your offspring to offer them to Molech, nor shall you profane the name of your God; I am the LORD. 22'You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination. 23'Also you shall not have intercourse with any animal to be defiled with it, nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it; it is a perversion.…

Notice there, it's just perverted to have sex with an animal, it's an abomination to commit homosexual acts. That's because the animal doesn't know any better.

Now, Jesus is God, that too has been proven in the Bible, so any argument on what Jesus said or didn't say is moot. These verses explain it.

Genesis 1:26Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Jesus was there when God made the earth. God the Father addressed God the Son, when he used the pronoun 'us'

John 1:1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was in the beginning with God.…3All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men.…5The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Jesus is referred to as the Word, He was with God and He was/is God.

YES! Jesus is anti-gay, He loves people who call themselves gay, but He hates the sins they commit.

Do you have any questions? I will answer them all, if they are Biblically related.

Governmental force instead of persuasion and reason, the calling card of the progressive.
Reason says if you do it for money, then do it for money. Cash is King in this case, not Jesus.

and who the fuck are you to tell people what is king or not? i swear you assholes are like the god damn Sith in star wars. you can't understand things, so you need to control them.

Fuck off and die.

Christianity on display?

Gays were never refused service. Gays walked in that bakery every day and bought whatever they wanted. Not one complaint was ever made that anyone was denied service.

Please link Jesus' words.

Matthew 19.

Jesus said nothing anti-gay or homophobe. Quite to opposite. (He also refuted your claim of it's a decision).

But I wouldn't expect you to know the Bible.

You sure don't know the Bible, I'll educate you some more.

Matthew 19:4Jesus answered, "Haven't you read that the Creator made them male and female in the beginning 5and that he said, 'That's why a man will leave his father and mother and will remain united with his wife, and the two will be one'? 6So they are no longer two but one. Therefore, don't let anyone separate what God has joined together."

The Creator made man and woman to be married, not homosexuals.

Matthew 19:12"For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother's womb; and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men; and there are also eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven.He who is able to accept this, let him accept it."

This is the verse homosexuals literally HATE. There will be homosexuals in the kingdom of heaven, they will have forsaken all their lusting for others of the same sex, some will do so through will power, others will have castrated themselves to get there. OH YES THEY WILL!

Just as some heterosexuals will have castrated themselves, because they could not control their lusts for the opposite sex, and pedophiles who never committed an act against a child, due to the fact that they too, castrated themselves instead of committing a horrendous crime and harming a child, they too will have a place in the kingdom of heaven.

Mark 9:43"If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life crippled, than, having your two hands, to go into hell, into the unquenchable fire,

Matthew 5:…29"If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30"If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell.

Pretty self explanatory. It's sometimes hard to hear the truth, but this is the truth. I won't lie to someone to spare their feelings, and get them thrown in hell. That would also get me thrown into hell.

Matthew 19.

Jesus said nothing anti-gay or homophobe. Quite to opposite. (He also refuted your claim of it's a decision).

But I wouldn't expect you to know the Bible.

You sure don't know the Bible, I'll educate you some more.

Matthew 19:4Jesus answered, "Haven't you read that the Creator made them male and female in the beginning 5and that he said, 'That's why a man will leave his father and mother and will remain united with his wife, and the two will be one'? 6So they are no longer two but one. Therefore, don't let anyone separate what God has joined together."

The Creator made man and woman to be married, not homosexuals.

Matthew 19:12"For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother's womb; and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men; and there are also eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven.He who is able to accept this, let him accept it."

This is the verse homosexuals literally HATE. There will be homosexuals in the kingdom of heaven, they will have forsaken all their lusting for others of the same sex, some will do so through will power, others will have castrated themselves to get there. OH YES THEY WILL!

Just as some heterosexuals will have castrated themselves, because they could not control their lusts for the opposite sex, and pedophiles who never committed an act against a child, due to the fact that they too, castrated themselves instead of committing a horrendous crime and harming a child, they too will have a place in the kingdom of heaven.

Mark 9:43"If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life crippled, than, having your two hands, to go into hell, into the unquenchable fire,

Matthew 5:…29"If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30"If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell.

Pretty self explanatory. It's sometimes hard to hear the truth, but this is the truth. I won't lie to someone to spare their feelings, and get them thrown in hell. That would also get me thrown into hell.
Radical stuff eh? Yep, Jesus was a fucking nutjob, with some interesting ideas, that most Christians reject out of hand.

Here's how I would have handled it-

"Oh, you're two fags getting married? Well that's just wonderful! I think in this day and age, the queers should be allowed to marry. I'd love to bake a cake for you two homos. Now what kind of faggot flavor would you like?"

If they still want the cake, there will be as much dog saliva in the batter as butter. I'd sleep well either way.

"Oh, you're two fags getting married? Well that's just wonderful! I think in this day and age, the queers should be allowed to marry. I'd love to bake a cake for you two homos. Now what kind of faggot flavor would you like?"

If they still want the cake, there will be as much dog saliva in the batter as butter. I'd sleep well either way.
Of course you would, because you are unethical homophobic scum.

I don't recognize the bullshit word, "homophobic". :eusa_whistle:

It's really homophobia-phobia. They see homophobia everywhere. It's a regular phobia.

The word is not the bullshit in this case, but that of the workings of your tiny unethical fearful mind.

The word is not the bullshit in this case, but that of the workings of your tiny unethical fearful mind.

Fear? :lol:

I don't know a single person afraid of faggots, not one. "Homophobia" is an invention of the queer lobby used as an attack tool against people who see homosexuality as the freak show that it is. I don't hate nor do I fear freaks. I just find them repellent.

Forum List

Back