🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Baker Who Won’t Make Cakes for Same-Sex Weddings Appeals Mandatory Re-Education Order

Baker Who Won’t Make Cakes for Same-Sex Weddings Appeals Mandatory Re-Education Order
I believe he has a strong chance of getting that order overturned. No one should be forced to choose between his faith and his livelihood. Had he known that he would be forced to choose between the two, he would not have opened up the shop in 1993. It's not fair after 20 years in business to ask him now to renounce his faith.

It's not fair to have gay people being denied a service open to everyone else just because they are gay. That's a greater travesty.

Btw, Southerners believed 50 years ago that it was against their religion to desegregate. So this religion excuse is nonsense. If he serves the general public, he must serve every group in the public.

I believe he has a strong chance of getting that order overturned. No one should be forced to choose between his faith and his livelihood. Had he known that he would be forced to choose between the two, he would not have opened up the shop in 1993. It's not fair after 20 years in business to ask him now to renounce his faith.

It's not fair to have gay people being denied a service open to everyone else just because they are gay. That's a greater travesty.

Btw, Southerners believed 50 years ago that it was against their religion to desegregate. So this religion excuse is nonsense. If he serves the general public, he must serve every group in the public.
There is nothing in the bible that says it's a sin to be of a different race. Segregation was discriminatory, plain and simple. However this baker does not refuse to serve gays. He only declined to bake them a cake for a gay wedding as he cannot participate in or support any gay themed event, otherwise he'd be in violation of his faith. Not following the teachings of his faith would be equivalent to renouncing his faith. He has a strong case, and the ruling will get overturned ... unless someone repeals the First Amendment before then.

I support the Civil Rights Act.

I sure as hell don't. Whether you support oppression for noble reasons or evil reasons, at the end of the day you're still a god damed oppressor of innocent people.

Why are liberals so damn allergic to learning lessons from history?

There is a lot of merit to the saying "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Raping the human rights of people is NEVER a good idea, no matter how noble your motives.

Barry Goldwater was 100% dead-on about the Civil Rights Act:

The two portions of this bill to which I have constantly and consistently voiced objections, and which are of such overriding significance that they are determinative of my vote on the entire measure, are those which would embark the Federal Government on a regulatory course of action with regard to private enterprise in the area of so-called public accommodations and in the area of employment—to be more specific, titles II and VII of the bill. I find no constitutional basis for the exercise of Federal regulatory authority in either of these areas; and I believe the attempted usurpation of such power to be a grave threat to the very essence of our basic system of government; namely, that of a constitutional republic in which 50 sovereign States have reserved to themselves and to the people those powers not specifically granted to the Central or Federal Government.

I wish I could buy some cakes from this business..

I like their style.

Baker Who Won?t Make Cakes for Same-Sex Weddings Appeals Mandatory Re-Education Order

The commission’s order requires Phillips to design wedding cakes for same-sex ceremonies in violation of his beliefs, institute re-education classes for his staff on the Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act and send quarterly “compliance” reports to the commission for two years.

::::::::::

This is the issue at the heart of the appeal: Phillips claims the government should not be forcing business owners to betray their consciences and convey what they do not believe. Even more importantly, he says, the government should not be in the business of “rehabilitating” consciences or “re-educating” its citizens to change their moral beliefs about the definition of marriage.

Repeal the equal access laws then....then businesses everywhere can refuse service to blacks, to women, to hispanics, to handicapped too.

As it should be!

Here's how I would have handled it-

"Oh, you're two fags getting married? Well that's just wonderful! I think in this day and age, the queers should be allowed to marry. I'd love to bake a cake for you two homos. Now what kind of faggot flavor would you like?"

If they still want the cake, there will be as much dog saliva in the batter as butter. I'd sleep well either way.

Adulterating food is a felony in most states. (It will get you ten years here.)

Reason says if you do it for money, then do it for money. Cash is King in this case, not Jesus.

and who the fuck are you to tell people what is king or not? i swear you assholes are like the god damn Sith in star wars. you can't understand things, so you need to control them.

Fuck off and die.

Christianity on display?

Again, lapsed christian at best. Its my strict constructional federal consitutionalist leanings that are offended by all this.

There is no reference to racism being good in the bible. there are plenty of references to homosexuality being bad.

"Oh, you're two fags getting married? Well that's just wonderful! I think in this day and age, the queers should be allowed to marry. I'd love to bake a cake for you two homos. Now what kind of faggot flavor would you like?"

If they still want the cake, there will be as much dog saliva in the batter as butter. I'd sleep well either way.

Adulterating food is a felony in most states. (It will get you ten years here.)

The Saint Bernard will never tell.

Of course you would, because you are unethical homophobic scum.

Jesus believed marriage is a man and woman. Jesus Christ is a hateful homophobic bigot, huh.

Good, he's a business not a church. Bake the damn cakes.

Yes, you want to do business, you give up your liberty to government, I see your point. We are free to sit in a chair. You want to do anything, then government owns you. Actually you can't sit in a chair and be free. When you run out of money and can't pay your property taxes, they come and kick you out of your home.

What about Nazis, KKK, NMBLA? Should a pro-choice baker be forced to bake a cake with a pro-life statement? I don't care about gays, I would bake the cake. But you are saying I have no choice to decide who I want to do business with, and that is preposterous.

Here's a trick. Go to the baker down the street who doesn't care who you sleep with...

Jesus believed marriage is a man and woman. Jesus Christ is a hateful homophobic bigot, huh.

Where did he say that?

LOL, so you don't understand the difference between:

1) Government compelling a citizen to bake a cake

2) Government laws that segregate races.

Seriously?

Here's a tip. Government compelling citizens to bake cakes and government segregation laws are both atrocities ... by government ...

Last edited:

Where did he say that?

Matthew 19:4Jesus answered, "Haven't you read that the Creator made them male and female in the beginning 5and that he said, 'That's why a man will leave his father and mother and will remain united with his wife, and the two will be one'? 6So they are no longer two but one. Therefore, don't let anyone separate what God has joined together."

Where did he say that?

Matthew 19:4Jesus answered, "Haven't you read that the Creator made them male and female in the beginning 5and that he said, 'That's why a man will leave his father and mother and will remain united with his wife, and the two will be one'? 6So they are no longer two but one. Therefore, don't let anyone separate what God has joined together."

Fair enough on male/female, but the gist of my question was where does he say marriage is only male/female?

I only remember Jesus condemning actions that harm other people.

Just so you know, I am against gay government marriage, but then again I'm against all government marriage. I think marriage should be a religious/personal/social commitment and see no reason for government involvement in it. Taxes should be flat, the death tax is evil and should be repealed, father's rights and responsibilities should be based on paternity, not paper. Government does not need to be involved in marriage and government should not treat any citizen different from another.

Here's a trick. Go to the baker down the street who doesn't care who you sleep with...

Hey, why would they do that when they could have fun punishing a business owner who doesn't happen share their views, when they can make a "statement", when they can force someone to conform, when they can intimidate other business owners, when they can exert control over other people?

Where's the fun in THAT?

Where did he say that?

Matthew 19.

Jesus referenced what was marriage at the time, in relation to divorce. His position on gay marriage, like most other issues, is entirely unknown.

But hey, his position that is known, on divorce, certainly doesn't seem to stop anybody in modern America. Just as with most of what he said, it's ignored.

I like their style.

Baker Who Won?t Make Cakes for Same-Sex Weddings Appeals Mandatory Re-Education Order

The commission’s order requires Phillips to design wedding cakes for same-sex ceremonies in violation of his beliefs, institute re-education classes for his staff on the Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act and send quarterly “compliance” reports to the commission for two years.

This is the issue at the heart of the appeal: Phillips claims the government should not be forcing business owners to betray their consciences and convey what they do not believe. Even more importantly, he says, the government should not be in the business of “rehabilitating” consciences or “re-educating” its citizens to change their moral beliefs about the definition of marriage.

What, exactly, are these "reeducation classes"?

I like their style.

Jesus H. Christ! Oh, no, this isn't like Nazi Germany...

...not at all... :eek:

OK, once again from the 1970s...The Dead Kennedy Lyrics:

California Uber Alles

I am governor jerry brown
My aura smiles
And never frowns
Soon I will be president

Carter power will soon go away
I will be furhrer one day
I will command all of you
Your kids will meditate in school

California uber alles