🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

BALTIMORE PD: First in nation, hires college professor to teach recruits to RETREAT from danger.

Cops are human, and they can't be blamed for avoiding situations that may result in the end of their careers, let alone their lives.

All it takes is an accusation now - your career could be over, your family's life could be in danger.

Even if you did nothing wrong, you could be the subject of any number of accusatory news stories and "marches".

Look the other direction if you think you need to.
It's getting to that point in Baltimore... 215 murders so far this year.

No I didnt. It's exactly what it says.

But....if a Baltimore cop is approaching a dangerous thug like....say....a Michael Brown...why escape? His job is to arrest him. Not run from him.

Baltimore is about to graduate a class of recruits literally being trained to run away from thugs when it gets dangerous.

Thugs are smiling at this news!
I'm not sure why you are trying to make cops look bad. It's quite a change for you.

A cop should ALWAYS be aware of his or her surroundings to minimize loss of life, including his or her own.

To the point of retreating? If a man is walking through downtown waving a gun and making threats...and he walks into a huge office building....should cops aggressively approach and confront? Or....back off and escape? The latter technique actually was the standard...pre 1998. Then Columbine happened and the Jefferson Sherriffs Office was crucified by media about why they didn't "do something sooner".

Now....we are quick to forget. And are going BACK to those tactics huh?
You are simply making things up now. Sometimes a situation can be very dangerous to a cop who may need to have an escape route so he or she can wait for back up.

And no, this wouldn't include some lunatic running around threatening people if lives are in danger.

You make it sound like police are being told to let criminals do as they please. And if only one criminal out there believes you and harms a police officer because of it, you should be in jail.

WOW your last paragraph? Really....from a liberal? Pot meet kettle.

Your first two paragraphs are countering each other.

You say cops need an escape plan for when things are very dangerous.

But then you say this doesn't apply to when people's lives are in danger.

Um...aren't those the same thing???

Cops need a plan to WIN the dangerous situation. Retreating and calling for backup....which often isn't available...should never be the standard plan. But....guess we'll see what happens. Last time police had that standard was April 1998. The day before Columbine. That worked great!!!
A danger to the cop, twit. I'm sure those two cops that were executed in Nevada would have survived if they had been paying attention to their surroundings and knew how to defend themselves, including escaping and waiting for back up.

You mean the two who were ambushed eating lunch? Yeah...retreat from a seating booth while eating and two psychos run up on them?? You're such a retard. Nice job blaming them for their own deaths. You're a disgusting piece of shit ya know?

So cops should retreat and run anytime the incident presents a danger to them? Hmmm. Guess 50% of calls will never be answered now. How about EVERY call gets 5 cops show up just to be safe?

OH WAIT....you liberals like to bitch when multiple cops show up to 1 incident. But now you say if only lots of backup came...cops wouldn't be in danger.

Sometimes I wonder if you libs realize how retarded you sound.

Cops are human, and they can't be blamed for avoiding situations that may result in the end of their careers, let alone their lives.

All it takes is an accusation now - your career could be over, your family's life could be in danger.

Even if you did nothing wrong, you could be the subject of any number of accusatory news stories and "marches".

Yep, but police brutality is down, and that appears to be the priority.

I don't see any protests over the 215 murders.

You left out this part:

remembering to breathe to keep your heart rate down, scan surroundings for context or potential victims, assess threats and plan escape routes ahead of time --

But....if a Baltimore cop is approaching a dangerous thug like....say....a Michael Brown...why escape? His job is to arrest him. Not run from him.

Baltimore is about to graduate a class of recruits literally being trained to run away from thugs when it gets dangerous.

I'm not sure why you are trying to make cops look bad. It's quite a change for you.

A cop should ALWAYS be aware of his or her surroundings to minimize loss of life, including his or her own.
I dont see it as the cops looking bad, I see it as another liberal way to reduce the effect police have while giving the criminal more freedom.
I also see this as a greater reason to carry a handgun in Maryland. I do. And the only license I need is the copy of the constitution that I carry.

I see, every person an officer comes into contact with is a criminal now! Go America!

One thug for 215 lives??? What a trade!!!!

You left out this part:

remembering to breathe to keep your heart rate down, scan surroundings for context or potential victims, assess threats and plan escape routes ahead of time --

Looks like they are being trained to fully assess the situation before they rush in

Yep....and to run away when it looks dangerous.

I hope someday a thug with a gun breaks into your home and is trying to harm you. And a cop is hiding behind a tree...across the street....waiting for lots of backup. Who are all busy on calls. But HEY...at least your attacker won't be unfairly harmed!!

on the bright side, the public will save money on welfare.

You left out this part:

To the point of retreating? If a man is walking through downtown waving a gun and making threats...and he walks into a huge office building....should cops aggressively approach and confront? Or....back off and escape? The latter technique actually was the standard...pre 1998. Then Columbine happened and the Jefferson Sherriffs Office was crucified by media about why they didn't "do something sooner".

You are simply making things up now. Sometimes a situation can be very dangerous to a cop who may need to have an escape route so he or she can wait for back up.

And no, this wouldn't include some lunatic running around threatening people if lives are in danger.

You make it sound like police are being told to let criminals do as they please. And if only one criminal out there believes you and harms a police officer because of it, you should be in jail.

Now you're getting it. Its either Bucs way or criminals will run the earth. No middle

One thug for 215 lives??? What a trade!!!!
Such is the nature of politics, huh?

You left out this part:

I dont see it as the cops looking bad, I see it as another liberal way to reduce the effect police have while giving the criminal more freedom.
I also see this as a greater reason to carry a handgun in Maryland. I do. And the only license I need is the copy of the constitution that I carry.

I see, every person an officer comes into contact with is a criminal now! Go America!

Most of them. A cops primary role in society, afterall, is confronting law breakers. That's kinda what they do ya know.

You left out this part:

I see, you are a blooming idiot that lacks any ability to keep up with a conversation.

You left out this part:

Looks like they are being trained to fully assess the situation before they rush in

I hope someday a thug with a gun breaks into your home and is trying to harm you. And a cop is hiding behind a tree...across the street....waiting for lots of backup. Who are all busy on calls. But HEY...at least your attacker won't be unfairly harmed!!
What is wrong with withdrawing if the situation is not safe? Only on TV do cops rush into a shootout

In real life, they call for backup

You left out this part:

Now you're getting it. Its either Bucs way or criminals will run the earth. No middle

Well....we are either going to tolerate criminal behavior and aggressive thugs and rednecks......or we arent. We simply do not have the manpower to send 5 cops to every situation.

So....our society had a choice on how to deal with crime.

You left out this part:

What is wrong with withdrawing if the situation is not safe? Only on TV do cops rush into a shootout

WHAT??? Are you serious? You're saying...if someone is gunning down kids in a school...cops should wait for backup? Thats what they did at Columbine. And kids died. THAT'S WHAT'S WRONG. I'm sickened that you don't get that.

You say cops dont "rush onto a shootout" that it only happens on TV? WOW. That's flat out wrong. Cops go towards gunfire. Because gunfire means innocent people could be dying.

Virginia Tech.
9/11
Texas terror attacks
LA rampage
North Hollywood rampage
Aurora theater shooting

I can make a massive list of incidents where cops immediately ran into gunfire and/or terror attacks.

I guess you think they should pause and wait for backup. And hey....maybe a liberal professor to advise them on how to handle the situation too.

Well....we are either going to tolerate criminal behavior and aggressive thugs and rednecks......or we arent. We simply do not have the manpower to send 5 cops to every situation.

Yeah, the choice is Your way or Hell on Earth.

Yeah, the choice is Your way or Hell on Earth.

It's not "my way". It's the way human societies have tried to deal with criminals for centuries. We either aggressively confront violent criminals....or....we dont.

You left out this part:

WHAT??? Are you serious? You're saying...if someone is gunning down kids in a school...cops should wait for backup? Thats what they did at Columbine. And kids died. THAT'S WHAT'S WRONG. I'm sickened that you don't get that.

You say cops dont "rush onto a shootout" that it only happens on TV? WOW. That's flat out wrong. Cops go towards gunfire. Because gunfire means innocent people could be dying.

Virginia Tech.
9/11
Texas terror attacks
LA rampage
North Hollywood rampage
Aurora theater shooting

I can make a massive list of incidents where cops immediately ran into gunfire and/or terror attacks.

I guess you think they should pause and wait for backup. And hey....maybe a liberal professor to advise them on how to handle the situation too.
No cop is expected to give up his life needlessly

Only on TV and movies do cops rush in, guns a blazing, and rescue innocent citizens while they take out the bad guy with one shot

WHAT??? Are you serious? You're saying...if someone is gunning down kids in a school...cops should wait for backup?

The Story Teller Strikes Again

19 dead kids at Columbine isn't a 'story'. That's real. And thats what happened when Jefferson County Sheriff's deputies responded....and WAITED for backup. And waited. And waited. It was unsafe....ya know?

But the Texas cop....when he saw 2 Muslims jumped out with AK47s at an art gallery....he didn't wait. He dropped them. Immediately. And only the thug terrorists died.

Forum List

Back