Baltimore riots...and the Hypocrisy of right wingers

Absolutely necessary in a free society. Unless you are willing to give up the right to protest peacefully....
It's is absolutely necessary to give people the room they need to destroy things, because without it there can be no peaceful protest?
Had an extra helping of kool-aid this morning eh?
:lol:

Yes as ......

"...there will always be a criminal element seeking wanton violence that will take advantage of the space given to peaceful protest."

Here’s her full comment:

“I made it very clear that I work with the police and instructed them to do everything that they could to make sure that the protesters were able to exercise their right to free speech,” Rawlings-Blake said. “It’s a very delicate balancing act. Because while we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well. And we worked very hard to keep that balance and to put ourselves in the best position to de-escalate.”

Which is probably why you cut out this part of my response.

"...there will always be a criminal element seeking wanton violence that will take advantage of the space given to peaceful protest."

Anyone believing the Mayor was intentionally giving these violent criminal space to destroy is just fucking loopy.

Nice try:

"While we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that."

You seriously thought you had it didn't you? It's plain as day what she meant. Don't deny it.

Yes of course plain as day. By giving the peaceful protester space to protest, the criminals and thugs who wished to start a riot had use of that space as well? Saying that she meant to give the thugs that space is loopy.

Yes the far left is often loopy as you keep displaying!

The far left sees rioting and looting as protesting.

Or is there an expectation for far left controlled areas?

Fanciful but utterly false.

Sorry but who's blaming Obama? Another made up red herring troll thread. The libs are getting downright stupid here.

Dingbat, there's at least 2 or 3 threads by your fellow nitwits who are "blaming" Obama.....

I'm waiting for ONE of your ilk to ALSO blame the republican governor of Maryland.....just ONE.[/QUOT
Yes as ......

Here’s her full comment:

“I made it very clear that I work with the police and instructed them to do everything that they could to make sure that the protesters were able to exercise their right to free speech,” Rawlings-Blake said. “It’s a very delicate balancing act. Because while we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well. And we worked very hard to keep that balance and to put ourselves in the best position to de-escalate.”

Anyone believing the Mayor was intentionally giving these violent criminal space to destroy is just fucking loopy.

Nice try:

"While we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that."

You seriously thought you had it didn't you? It's plain as day what she meant. Don't deny it.

Yes of course plain as day. By giving the peaceful protester space to protest, the criminals and thugs who wished to start a riot had use of that space as well? Saying that she meant to give the thugs that space is loopy.

She said what she said...on videotape...why try to lie about it or "reinterpret" it?

“It’s a very delicate balancing act. Because while we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well.

Well the rabid right has to lie about it and say what she meant was to give the thugs space to riot, and hope that nobody investigate what was really said.

Says the far left drone that believes riots are the same as protests.

Sorry but who's blaming Obama? Another made up red herring troll thread. The libs are getting downright stupid here.

Dingbat, there's at least 2 or 3 threads by your fellow nitwits who are "blaming" Obama.....

I'm waiting for ONE of your ilk to ALSO blame the republican governor of Maryland.....just ONE.[/QUOT
Yes as ......

Here’s her full comment:

Nice try:

She said what she said...on videotape...why try to lie about it or "reinterpret" it?

“It’s a very delicate balancing act. Because while we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well.

Well the rabid right has to lie about it and say what she meant was to give the thugs space to riot, and hope that nobody investigate what was really said.

Is that a true statement? By giving the peaceful protesters space did they not also give the rioter space as well? Or do you think the rioters are required to wear their riot uniforms to the protests?

Nice try:

Says the far left drone that believes riots are the same as protests.

Wrong as always, but that is par for the course this far left drone..

Nice try:

Is that a true statement? By giving the peaceful protesters space did they not also give the rioter space as well? Or do you think the rioters are required to wear their riot uniforms to the protests?

And thus proves my comments about this far left drone.

To the far left riots equals protests.

Nice try:

She doesn't say anything about peaceful protestors, though, does she?..She specifically mentioned giving space to "those who wished to destroy", though.

And as always your comments have shown that my comments are spot on..

A major tenet of right wing republicans is LESS governmental interference, especially from the federal government when it comes to local matters....
Yet, not one of these dingbats on this forum has the cojones to call out their fellow cretins for "blaming" Obama and the executive branch for not doing "something" (whatever that may be) regarding the Baltimore riots....
The Obama would give the rioters the space they need to destroy private property as well, so the point is moot.
:dunno:

Absolutely necessary in a free society. Unless you are willing to give up the right to protest peacefully, there will always be a criminal element seeking wanton violence that will take advantage of the space given to peaceful protest.

Believing the meme "the Mayor wanted to give the looter space to destroy......", priceless.

Did you notice the word "peacefully" mixed in with your bullshit? There is nothing about what's going on in Baltimore that is peaceful, or necessary for a free society. But you just keep fooling yourself that the garbage you're cheering on in city after city are heroic protesters for justice, instead of worthless savages the world would be better off without. After all, it's not like you're going to get your fat ass out of your comfy chair and actually get out there with them, right?

http://www.newsweek.com/photos-peaceful-protests-baltimore-after-death-follows-arrest-325263

4/24/15 AT 5:41 PM

BALTIMORE (Reuters) - The mayor of Baltimore praised the citizens who organized five days of peaceful protests over the death of a black man in police custody and vowed after meeting with clergy leaders on Friday to find answers in the case.

The largely black city has seen daily marches and demonstrations since Sunday, when 25-year-old Freddie Gray died of a neck injury sustained when police arrested him a week earlier.

Ha, your comments are fanciful but utterly false.

Here you go my loopy friends

Today, Howard Libit, Director of Strategic Planning and Policy, issued the following statement regarding Mayor Rawlings-Blake’s comments on the rights of protesters:

“What she is saying within this statement was that there was an effort to give the peaceful demonstrators room to conduct their peaceful protests on Saturday. Unfortunately, as a result of providing the peaceful demonstrators with the space to share their message, that also meant that those seeking to incite violence also had the space to operate. The police sought to balance the rights of the peaceful demonstrators against the need to step in against those who were seeking to create violence.

The mayor is not saying that she asked police to give space to people who sought to create violence. Any suggestion otherwise would be a misinterpretation of her statement.”

This clarification is regarding comments made by Mayor Rawlings-Blake during a recent press conference. The mayor’s original quote follows (emphasis and clarification added):

“I’ve made it very clear that I work with the police and instructed them to do everything that they could to make sure that the protesters were able to exercise their right to free speech. It’s a very delicate balancing act, because, while we tried to make sure that they were protected from the cars and the other things that were going on, we also [as a result] gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well. And we worked very hard to keep that balance and to put ourselves in the best position to deescalate, and that’s what you saw.”

The odd tactic of giving Baltimore protesters space to destroy property Fusion

Ha, your comments are fanciful but utterly false.

And always you far left drones continue to prove my comments!

Today, Howard Libit, Director of Strategic Planning and Policy, issued the following statement regarding Mayor Rawlings-Blake’s comments on the rights of protesters:

“What she is saying within this statement was that there was an effort to give the peaceful demonstrators room to conduct their peaceful protests on Saturday. Unfortunately, as a result of providing the peaceful demonstrators with the space to share their message, that also meant that those seeking to incite violence also had the space to operate. The police sought to balance the rights of the peaceful demonstrators against the need to step in against those who were seeking to create violence.

The mayor is not saying that she asked police to give space to people who sought to create violence. Any suggestion otherwise would be a misinterpretation of her statement.”

This clarification is regarding comments made by Mayor Rawlings-Blake during a recent press conference. The mayor’s original quote follows (emphasis and clarification added):

“I’ve made it very clear that I work with the police and instructed them to do everything that they could to make sure that the protesters were able to exercise their right to free speech. It’s a very delicate balancing act, because, while we tried to make sure that they were protected from the cars and the other things that were going on, we also [as a result] gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well. And we worked very hard to keep that balance and to put ourselves in the best position to deescalate, and that’s what you saw.”

Yes and it still proves that to the far left riots equals protests, in the exception of far left run cities..

Yes and it still proves that to the far left riots equals protests, in the exception of far left run cities..

Well you know that is fanciful but utterly false.

Well you know that is fanciful but utterly false.

Says the far left drone that believes riots are protests except in far left run cities..

Pathetic responses....Right wingers' hatred of Obama for city riots, hinting that he should have done something, is ludicrous and also shows the war-mongering attitudes of people who are clueless.

Obama did do something. He, along with many other liberals, bashed the cops instead of the rioters. So helpful.

Maddow was also bashing cops on her show.

Now, more libs are pissed off at Whole Foods in Baltimore for making sandwiches for the National Guard. People say it's wrong because schools are closed because of the violence and no free meals for students and families. Whose fault is that?

Maybe they could encourage looters to steal enough for their neighbors while they're at it. I'm sure all those running the streets are caring people who have just cause for their looting, so maybe they could share the loot.

The entire community is suffering because of the actions of these thugs. We wouldn't have extra cops there if not for the rampant violence. Thugs were even cutting fire hoses so the fire dept. could put out fires. It's their fault children are not in school and some people no longer have jobs to go to every day.

If people want to be angry, they should direct that anger where it belongs- on the thugs destroying their city.

Last edited:

well of course the "Director of Strategic Planning and Policy" "issued a statement"...her comment was so ridiculous that SOMEBODY with some sense needed to try to cover it up and put out that fire.

Pathetic responses....Right wingers' hatred of Obama for city riots, hinting that he should have done something, is ludicrous and also shows the war-mongering attitudes of people who are clueless.

Obama did do something. He, along with many other liberals, bashed the cops instead of the rioters. So helpful.

Now, more libs are pissed off at Whole Foods in Baltimore for making sandwiches for the National Guard. People say it's wrong because schools are closed because of the violence and no free meals for students and families. Whose fault is that?

Maybe they could encourage looters to steal enough for their neighbors while they're at it. I'm sure all those running the streets are caring people who have just cause for their looting, so maybe they could share the loot.

The entire community is suffering because of the actions of these thugs. We wouldn't have extra cops there if not for the rampant violence. Thugs were even cutting fire hoses so the fire dept. could put out fires. It's their fault children are not in school and some people no longer have jobs to go to every day.

If people want to be angry, they should direct that anger where it belongs- on the thugs destroying their city.

With respect to Baltimore, let me make a couple of points. First, obviously our thoughts continue to be with the family of Freddie Gray. Understandably, they want answers. And DOJ has opened an investigation. It is working with local law enforcement to find out exactly what happened, and I think there should be full transparency and accountability.

Second, my thoughts are with the police officers who were injured in last night’s disturbances. It underscores that that’s a tough job and we have to keep that in mind, and my hope is that they can heal and get back to work as soon as possible.

Point number three, there’s no excuse for the kind of violence that we saw yesterday. It is counterproductive. When individuals get crowbars and start prying open doors to loot, they’re not protesting, they’re not making a statement — they’re stealing. When they burn down a building, they’re committing arson. And they’re destroying and undermining businesses and opportunities in their own communities that rob jobs and opportunity from people in that area.

So it is entirely appropriate that the mayor of Baltimore, who I spoke to yesterday, and the governor, who I spoke to yesterday, work to stop that kind of senseless violence and destruction. That is not a protest. That is not a statement. It’s people — a handful of people taking advantage of a situation for their own purposes, and they need to be treated as criminals.

Point number four, the violence that happened yesterday distracted from the fact that you had seen multiple days of peaceful protests that were focused on entirely legitimate concerns of these communities in Baltimore, led by clergy and community leaders. And they were constructive and they were thoughtful, and frankly, didn’t get that much attention. And one burning building will be looped on television over and over and over again, and the thousands of demonstrators who did it the right way I think have been lost in the discussion.

President Obama s Comments on Baltimore Violence Video Transcript - Washington Wire - WSJ

"one burning building" did he say? LMFAO...what a buffoon...and the people clapped and cheered....

With respect to Baltimore, let me make a couple of points. First, obviously our thoughts continue to be with the family of Freddie Gray. Understandably, they want answers. And DOJ has opened an investigation. It is working with local law enforcement to find out exactly what happened, and I think there should be full transparency and accountability.

Second, my thoughts are with the police officers who were injured in last night’s disturbances. It underscores that that’s a tough job and we have to keep that in mind, and my hope is that they can heal and get back to work as soon as possible.

Point number three, there’s no excuse for the kind of violence that we saw yesterday. It is counterproductive. When individuals get crowbars and start prying open doors to loot, they’re not protesting, they’re not making a statement — they’re stealing. When they burn down a building, they’re committing arson. And they’re destroying and undermining businesses and opportunities in their own communities that rob jobs and opportunity from people in that area.

So it is entirely appropriate that the mayor of Baltimore, who I spoke to yesterday, and the governor, who I spoke to yesterday, work to stop that kind of senseless violence and destruction. That is not a protest. That is not a statement. It’s people — a handful of people taking advantage of a situation for their own purposes, and they need to be treated as criminals.

Point number four, the violence that happened yesterday distracted from the fact that you had seen multiple days of peaceful protests that were focused on entirely legitimate concerns of these communities in Baltimore, led by clergy and community leaders. And they were constructive and they were thoughtful, and frankly, didn’t get that much attention. And one burning building will be looped on television over and over and over again, and the thousands of demonstrators who did it the right way I think have been lost in the discussion.

President Obama s Comments on Baltimore Violence Video Transcript - Washington Wire - WSJ

More proof of my comments!

Where was this in the Ferguson riots? or this type of Language in Zimmerman case?

See a far left city they get tough, but condemn those that are not far left and blame them.

And once again my comments have been proven correct and this far left drone keeps proving them with each and every post.

Forum List

Back