Ban all guns in Germany!

...But again, the murder rate in Germany is far lower than the US. Less people die, people are safer.

The pro-gun crowd seem to think that having guns is going to save them from attacks. Really? I mean, the US has seen these sorts of attacks and sees similar numbers of people being killed, doesn't it? Cops with guns are being killed. 5 armed cops killed in one place doesn't exactly show that guns are able to stop things happening immediately.
It does show that in the US you are far more likely to die from guns.
You have thrown a lot of crap into your statement and you have provided no citations.

I've tried to look some of it up but found it's not easy to do.

Thus your rant is mostly hear-say gossip.

I did find a website on murder rates. The data are old though:

Countries Compared by Crime > Violent crime > Murder rate. International Statistics at NationMaster.com

Brazil has the highest murder rate. Brazil has similar gun laws as California except their minimum age is 25.

India is second in the list. But in India it is almost impossible to own a gun.

Mexico is third on the list. Mexico is also similar to California in its gun laws.

Ethiopia is fourth. Like India, gun ownership is extremely low although the murder rate is extremely high.

So your theory of correlation between guns and murder rates is unsound right out of the box.

The USA is 14th on the list for murder rates. Gun ownership varies from 20% in California to 61% in Alaska.

Germany is 73rd on the list, behind the UK at 71st, and ahead of all the other European nations.

So with the tightest gun control of all Europe, Germany still has the highest murder rate.

Ergo if you are going to do a comparison, try to avoid red herring comparisons.

Q.E.D.

To reply to the latter part.

You're taking number of murders. Not murders per capita. This is wrong to do so. Brazil is a large country. Germany is a larger country than many. Per capita shows you how dangerous a country is. I mean, if the Vatican city has a murder a day, and Brazil has 10 murders a day, the Vatican is more dangerous.

Looking at your chart with murders per million, you see Honduras leaps ahead of all others. Cape Town is the only city in the top 40 of murder capitals of the world right now.

The US on your chart is 99th in the world. Very few of those countries above them will be developed countries.

The US has 42.01 (which is basically 4.2 on the per 100,000 which is the usual way of expressing it).

Luxembourg and Finland are close by, but at 22 and 24 (though Luxembourg has lots of foreigners so their murder rate is actually too high in reality, because they count citizens then murder, but half the country doesn't get counted)

The UK is 157th in the world at 11.68 and Germany is 177th with 8.44

So based on this the murder rate is much lower. These were 2010 based whereas the other figures are more recent I believe.
LOL...sixth Islamic terrorist event in a period of less than 30 days, and this idiot wants us to look at charts and compare homicide statistics.

Liberalism is a mental disorder. :cuckoo:

Yeah you just go ahead and pretend it's all some mental disorder.

The US has 35 people die every day. Germany has 9 people die in a day and "OH MY GOD WE HAVE TO GET ANGRY AT MUSLIMS"

You need some perspective here.
Yip, you go right ahead and compare CRIME STATS, to ISLAMIC TERRORISM, which is increasing in frequency and barbarism. Talking points of the looney tunes left often repeated by Democrat leaders and their puppets in the media.

And you wonder why liberalism is considered a form of mental illness?

Stick your head back in there.

ostrich.png

ostrich_head_in_sand.jpg

Bavarian Interior Minister Joachin Herrmann urged the German government to allow the country's military to be deployed to support police during attacks. Germany's post-war constitution, because of the excesses of the Nazi era, only allows the military to be deployed domestically in cases of national emergency.

Herrmann has called those regulations obsolete and said that Germans have a "right to safety."

Back in January, Bavaria's justice minister launched a state program in Ansbach meant to teach refugees the basics of law in their new host country, amid growing tensions and concerns in Germany about how it would integrate the estimated 1 million-plus migrants it registered crossing into the country last year. Classes include lessons about freedom of opinion, the separation of religion and state and the equality of men and women.

"Germany is an attractive country because it respects the dignity of every human being," an educational film shown to newcomers said, "and it is supposed to stay that way."

AP.

Last edited:
...But again, the murder rate in Germany is far lower than the US. Less people die, people are safer.

The pro-gun crowd seem to think that having guns is going to save them from attacks. Really? I mean, the US has seen these sorts of attacks and sees similar numbers of people being killed, doesn't it? Cops with guns are being killed. 5 armed cops killed in one place doesn't exactly show that guns are able to stop things happening immediately.
It does show that in the US you are far more likely to die from guns.
You have thrown a lot of crap into your statement and you have provided no citations.

Countries Compared by Crime > Violent crime > Murder rate. International Statistics at NationMaster.com

Brazil has the highest murder rate. Brazil has similar gun laws as California except their minimum age is 25.

Mexico is third on the list. Mexico is also similar to California in its gun laws.

Ethiopia is fourth. Like India, gun ownership is extremely low although the murder rate is extremely high.

So your theory of correlation between guns and murder rates is unsound right out of the box.

The USA is 14th on the list for murder rates. Gun ownership varies from 20% in California to 61% in Alaska.

Germany is 73rd on the list, behind the UK at 71st, and ahead of all the other European nations.

So with the tightest gun control of all Europe, Germany still has the highest murder rate.

Q.E.D.

You're taking number of murders. Not murders per capita. This is wrong to do so. Brazil is a large country. Germany is a larger country than many. Per capita shows you how dangerous a country is. I mean, if the Vatican city has a murder a day, and Brazil has 10 murders a day, the Vatican is more dangerous.

Looking at your chart with murders per million, you see Honduras leaps ahead of all others. Cape Town is the only city in the top 40 of murder capitals of the world right now.

The US on your chart is 99th in the world. Very few of those countries above them will be developed countries.

The US has 42.01 (which is basically 4.2 on the per 100,000 which is the usual way of expressing it).

Luxembourg and Finland are close by, but at 22 and 24 (though Luxembourg has lots of foreigners so their murder rate is actually too high in reality, because they count citizens then murder, but half the country doesn't get counted)

So based on this the murder rate is much lower. These were 2010 based whereas the other figures are more recent I believe.
LOL...sixth Islamic terrorist event in a period of less than 30 days, and this idiot wants us to look at charts and compare homicide statistics.

The US has 35 people die every day. Germany has 9 people die in a day and "OH MY GOD WE HAVE TO GET ANGRY AT MUSLIMS"

Yip, you go right ahead and compare CRIME STATS, to ISLAMIC TERRORISM, which is increasing in frequency and barbarism. Talking points of the looney tunes left often repeated by Democrat leaders and their puppets in the media.

ostrich.png

ostrich_head_in_sand.jpg

You're attacking me for doing something you already did.

You're saying that guns make people safer in the US than in Germany where there aren't guns. You've just done the comparison there already. It's incredible that you then go and tell me that the same argument you've used is now sticking your head in the sand.

Not only that, by attacking in this way you're trying to make out my claim isn't valid, you're basically sticking your head in the sand AGAIN by ignoring.

Question. Is Germany safer with or without guns?

Well, if Germany had the murder rate of the US it'd have an extra 2,000 killings a year. The terrorism hasn't reached anywhere near those numbers in the whole of Europe, let alone in Germany. Yet you're trying to claim that Germany isn't safe.

Q.E.D.

ostrich.png

ostrich_head_in_sand.jpg

You're saying that guns make people safer in the US than in Germany where there aren't guns. You've just done the comparison there already. It's incredible that you then go and tell me that the same argument you've used is now sticking your head in the sand.

Not only that, by attacking in this way you're trying to make out my claim isn't valid, you're basically sticking your head in the sand AGAIN by ignoring.

Well, if Germany had the murder rate of the US it'd have an extra 2,000 killings a year. The terrorism hasn't reached anywhere near those numbers in the whole of Europe, let alone in Germany. Yet you're trying to claim that Germany isn't safe.

And again...it isn't access to guns...it is the nature of their criminal culture.....their criminals don't commit gun crime as much.......

What is it about that fact that you guys just can't understand....?

Germany didn't import black slaves....they don't have that social upheaval.....they did murder close to 12 million Europeans in death camps and mass killings........

Different criminal culture creates more or less incentive to commit murder........study that....leave normal gun owners alone.

ostrich.png

ostrich_head_in_sand.jpg

And again...it isn't access to guns...it is the nature of their criminal culture.....their criminals don't commit gun crime as much.......

Germany didn't import black slaves....they don't have that social upheaval.....they did murder close to 12 million Europeans in death camps and mass killings........

Different criminal culture creates more or less incentive to commit murder........study that....leave normal gun owners alone.
Exactly... These idiots don't understand that if it isn't guns it will be axes, trucks, bombs, pressure cookers, anthrax, poison, or whatever an Islamic lunatic can get his hands on in order to commit mass murder in the name of Muhammad.

ostrich.png

ostrich_head_in_sand.jpg

Exactly... These idiots don't understand that if it isn't guns it will be axes, trucks, bombs, pressure cookers, anthrax, poison, or whatever an Islamic lunatic can get his hands on in order to commit mass murder in the name of Muhammad.

But then again Germany is still safer than the US.

When it comes to day to day violence, the US is still 4 times higher, and apparently guns prevent things.

ostrich.png

ostrich_head_in_sand.jpg

When it comes to day to day violence, the US is still 4 times higher, and apparently guns prevent things.

That is right......as more Americans bought and carried guns....our gun murder rate went down, not up...how do explain that?

And that isn't even talking about causation....that is a fact...so your theory is wrong.......we increased gun ownership...our gun murder rate went down...

Britain confiscated guns...their gun crime rate stayed the same....and went up 4% last year.......how do you explain that according to your theory?....in fact...why is Britain arming more police? Can you explain that? Why is Britain sending armed police patrols into high gun crime areas? Can you explain that? Why are they finding more fully automatic weapons in Britain....if they confiscated their guns? Can you explain that?

Your theory doesn't explain any of that.......thug culture differences explains it all...

Last edited:

ostrich.png

ostrich_head_in_sand.jpg

Why don't you ask the Gemrans? Fourth attack by a Muslim terrorist in a period of two weeks. I think Germans are very upset at their leaders now.

ostrich.png

ostrich_head_in_sand.jpg

Why don't you ask the Gemrans? Fourth attack by a Muslim terrorist in a period of two weeks. I think Germans are very upset at their leaders now.

Muslim terrorists? How many of them were actually Muslim terrorists?

One was a kid who was angry at his life. Another was a kid who just wanted to kill. The suicide bomber probably was and managed to kill only himself. This is hardly the work of organized terror. This is 50% kids in a bad situation going nuts like Columbine.

One was a kid who was angry at his life. Another was a kid who just wanted to kill. The suicide bomber probably was and managed to kill only himself. This is hardly the work of organized terror. This is 50% kids in a bad situation going nuts like Columbine.
How many were Muslim terrorists? All of them, you ignoramus. Been keeping up with the news lately?

How many were Muslim terrorists? All of them, you ignoramus. Been keeping up with the news lately?

Actually yes. What is a "Muslim terrorist"? I mean, the term is used to imply those who are part of an organized terror network. However just because some kid happens to have been born Muslim then goes on a rampage, doesn't make them a "Muslim terrorist".

Were Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold christian terrorists simply because they were born Christian? Klebold's parents were Lutheran but his maternal grandfather was Jewish.

Simply to label people with a label because it's convenient for your agenda is just wrong.

Actually yes. What is a "Muslim terrorist"? I mean, the term is used to imply those who are part of an organized terror network. However just because some kid happens to have been born Muslim then goes on a rampage, doesn't make them a "Muslim terrorist".

Were Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold christian terrorists simply because they were born Christian? Klebold's parents were Lutheran but his maternal grandfather was Jewish.

Simply to label people with a label because it's convenient for your agenda is just wrong.

There is a ritual involved in muslim terrorism...in order to get credit for the act they have to claim the act in the name of Islam...there is an actual term for this...and the Orlando shooter did just that when he called 911 3 times.........

ostrich.png

ostrich_head_in_sand.jpg

Almost all of our gun crime occurs in small, gang infested areas of our inner cities....70-80% of gun murder victims are criminals......and many of the other victims have associations with the criminals............

Our non-minority, non-inner city gun violence....is close to being lower than Europe......

A Muslim or Islamic terrorist is someone who kills in the name of their religion. Having problems identifying who and what the enemy is? Don't worry you're no different than the President and most of the delusional Democraps.

Liberals are stupid. How many times have we seen someone declare they were killing for Islam and some stupid liberals says "oh well we don't know the motivation"

Liberals are stupid. How many times have we seen someone declare they were killing for Islam and some stupid liberals says "oh well we don't know the motivation"
It's the first thing they usually say. it's the first thing the president does after we have a terror attack. He's the last guy to admit that it was an Islamic terrorist.

A Muslim or Islamic terrorist is someone who kills in the name of their religion. Having problems identifying who and what the enemy is? Don't worry you're no different than the President and most of the delusional Democraps.

Fine, how many of these killed in the name of Islam?

The Ansbach attack was almost certainly.

The Reutlingen attack, it appears, the Syrian man killed the woman he was in love with with a machete. He was known to the police, they both worked at the same kebab shop where he got the meat cleaver from.

Terrorist attack? No way.

The Munich attack was by a kid who was obsessed with mass murder, and wanted to target teenagers, just like the Columbine massacre. He might have been born Muslim seeing as he was from Afghanistan, but there's nothing to suggest he was a practicing Muslim.

The Wuerzburg attack, the teen had an ISIS flag, however it seems he went off the rails because a friend got killed in Afghanistan.

The two with links to ISIS may not have had help, but didn't kill anyone other than themselves. The two who did kill had absolutely NOTHING to do with Islamic terrorism in any shape or form.

Fine, how many of these killed in the name of Islam?

The Ansbach attack was almost certainly.

The Reutlingen attack, it appears, the Syrian man killed the woman he was in love with with a machete. He was known to the police, they both worked at the same kebab shop where he got the meat cleaver from.

Terrorist attack? No way.

The Munich attack was by a kid who was obsessed with mass murder, and wanted to target teenagers, just like the Columbine massacre. He might have been born Muslim seeing as he was from Afghanistan, but there's nothing to suggest he was a practicing Muslim.

The Wuerzburg attack, the teen had an ISIS flag, however it seems he went off the rails because a friend got killed in Afghanistan.

The two with links to ISIS may not have had help, but didn't kill anyone other than themselves. The two who did kill had absolutely NOTHING to do with Islamic terrorism in any shape or form.

Of course not every Muslim who kills does so for Islamic Jihaad. But common sense needs to be applied here. The loons in charge default to "no this wasn't islamic terrorism" before the first body is even examined, EVERY time.

Germans with guns. It was a bad idea in 1870. It was a bad idea in 1914. It was a bad idea in 1939. it is a bad idea today.

Wrong........Germans who were enemies of the national socialists were banned from guns..........the government had plenty of guns....and they murdered about 12 million Europeans.......

Forum List

Back