Ban All Guns

"Yours" may not be. The people you support are pretty uniform in their view.

Really? Who do I support that is trying to take your and my guns?

Democrats. While they are not currently actively seeking to ban firearms - after all, it's an election year - they will push for such unconstitutional activity given the opportunity.

And other than what you have heard from the NRA and right wing radio, what do you base your belief on?

Stop lying and have the courage to say what you really want.

I have been known to be wrong, and, being human, I probably will be again. I find no advantage in intentionally arguing anything that I know is wrong. That would be a lie. I invite you to point out my lies. I want reasonable restrictions on gun purchases. I want people on terror watch lists to be prevented from buying guns and I want background checks on all gun sales, not just the ones from licensed dealers. Anything else you care to ask?

With your views and hatred of the object, one would come to the logical conclusion that a person like yourself, who believes the absolute worst about his fellow Americans and that they cannot be trusted, would want guns banned outright.

So, what is your argument against guns being banned. I am very interested in hearing that.

Democrats. While they are not currently actively seeking to ban firearms - after all, it's an election year - they will push for such unconstitutional activity given the opportunity.

And other than what you have heard from the NRA and right wing radio, what do you base your belief on?

I have been known to be wrong, and, being human, I probably will be again. I find no advantage in intentionally arguing anything that I know is wrong. That would be a lie. I invite you to point out my lies. I want reasonable restrictions on gun purchases. I want people on terror watch lists to be prevented from buying guns and I want background checks on all gun sales, not just the ones from licensed dealers. Anything else you care to ask?

You all say the same thing.

So, why would you prefer those measures and not a complete ban if you feel guns are so bad? If you feel they are "murderous weapons" that serve no purpose other than to kill people, then shouldn't you be demanding a ban?

What makes you think those are my beliefs? I have been a hunter all my life, and even enjoy going to the range occasionally. Safety and responsible gun ownership is what I learned from my daddy and the NRA back before the NRA cared more about gun sales than they do about their earlier goals. The NRA of years ago would have said the idiots prancing around in Walmart with a gun strapped on their hip were a danger to everybody, and they would have been right.

With your views and hatred of the object, one would come to the logical conclusion that a person like yourself, who believes the absolute worst about his fellow Americans and that they cannot be trusted, would want guns banned outright.

So, what is your argument against guns being banned. I am very interested in hearing that.

Guns will never be banned. First, there is no real public desire from either party to completely ban them and next it is logistically impossible. I believe the sale of some guns should be better regulated, but that is far from banning guns.

So, why would you prefer those measures and not a complete ban if you feel guns are so bad? If you feel they are "murderous weapons" that serve no purpose other than to kill people, then shouldn't you be demanding a ban?

What makes you think those are my beliefs? I have been a hunter all my life, and even enjoy going to the range occasionally. Safety and responsible gun ownership is what I learned from my daddy and the NRA back before the NRA cared more about gun sales than they do about their earlier goals. The NRA of years ago would have said the idiots prancing around in Walmart with a gun strapped on their hip were a danger to everybody, and they would have been right.

I don't think the NRA cares about gun sales as much as they do protecting the second amendment from government interference. That is what the NRA is for. They are no worse than your little groups that lobby on behalf of the government for restrictions on OUR rights.

Guns will never be banned. First, there is no real public desire from either party to completely ban them and next it is logistically impossible. I believe the sale of some guns should be better regulated, but that is far from banning guns.

I believe that many liberals (and I've heard them say so) would like a gun ban. Some would like to make it so that manufacturers are legally responsible for mass shootings. It seems that liberals want to blame everything and everyone except for the one who pulled the trigger and operated the weapon. People are the problem, and not the guns. We didn't have these mass shootings years and years ago. It is a relatively recent phenomenon, considering guns have been a part of this country since it was founded. There was a time when people did in fact carry guns with them everywhere they went, and these kinds of shootings were NOT a problem in our country.

I don't think the NRA cares about gun sales as much as they do protecting the second amendment from government interference. That is what the NRA is for. They are no worse than your little groups that lobby on behalf of the government for restrictions on OUR rights.

The NRA was mainly concerned with teaching safety and sportsmanship. All the hoopla about doing away with the second amendment is bullshit. There has never been a realistic effort to do away with that. Other than statements by a few unrealistic people, can you name one real effort to ban guns that could be seen as credible? "THEY'RE COMING FOR OUR GUNS" started as just another ploy to stir up the right, and soon turned into the best marketing campaign guns could ever have.

The NRA was mainly concerned with teaching safety and sportsmanship. All the hoopla about doing away with the second amendment is bullshit. There has never been a realistic effort to do away with that. Other than statements by a few unrealistic people, can you name one real effort to ban guns that could be seen as credible? "THEY'RE COMING FOR OUR GUNS" started as just another ploy to stir up the right, and soon turned into the best marketing campaign guns could ever have.

There is a pretty big movement and a lot of gun banners. There are PLENTY of people who would like to see guns banned. They just won't admit to it.

Oh no, I don't want to BAN guns, I just want to make it literally impossible for you to get one. It's a right, and the government is not supposed to "infringe" upon any of our rights. What if they suddenly decide that they want to limit your free speech on the internet? They could just say it's "dangerous." You must have an awful lot of "trust" in the government and politicians, but you shouldn't.

I believe that many liberals (and I've heard them say so) would like a gun ban. Some would like to make it so that manufacturers are legally responsible for mass shootings. It seems that liberals want to blame everything and everyone except for the one who pulled the trigger and operated the weapon. People are the problem, and not the guns. We didn't have these mass shootings years and years ago. It is a relatively recent phenomenon, considering guns have been a part of this country since it was founded. There was a time when people did in fact carry guns with them everywhere they went, and these kinds of shootings were NOT a problem in our country.

That kind of shooting was a problem. Even in Old Tombstone they made them check their guns at the sheriff's office when they came to town. There are things that could be done to limit unnecessary deaths. Technology could allow us today to assure that only the owner of a gun or someone he gave permission to could fire it. That would cut off stolen guns being used in crimes almost completely. Of course the NRA fought that. This isn't the wild west, and only an idiot would want it to return to that.

There is a pretty big movement and a lot of gun banners. There are PLENTY of people who would like to see guns banned. They just won't admit to it.

So name one credible effort to ban guns.

Haven't you been reading my posts? All of the incremental gun "control" measures. Do you think they are going to stop with the demands? Of course not! When the next shooting happens, they will call for more and more "control." Where does it end?

Oh, and then, once the gun industry becomes black market, it'll be MUCH easier for these criminals to commit their crimes and get away with it. There are no "registries" for illegal products.

Haven't you been reading my posts? All of the incremental gun "control" measures. Do you think they are going to stop with the demands? Of course not! When the next shooting happens, they will call for more and more "control." Where does it end?

Other than what the NRA and right wing radio have told you, what logical reason do you have to believe a few reasonable rules will turn into the elimination of the 2nd?

Oh, and then, once the gun industry becomes black market, it'll be MUCH easier for these criminals to commit their crimes and get away with it. There are no "registries" for illegal products.

There are no "registries"now.

Other than what the NRA and right wing radio have told you, what logical reason do you have to believe a few reasonable rules will turn into the elimination of the 2nd?

images

The same rules and restrictions for guns should apply to all civil authorities and citizens should be allowed to purchase whatever the civil authorities are allowed to purchase.

*****SMILE*****

:)

The success of the NRA and other gun owners in preventing a debacle like the gun seizures and bans in Australia and the UK does not demonstrate the needlessness for our concern, doofus.

It only indicates that we are doing an OK job stopping the gun grabbing fascists.

"Yours" may not be. The people you support are pretty uniform in their view.

Who chooses the "reasonable restrictions"? Who decides what's reasonable? Has this not been done already? Check the history of gun-control for the last 25 years. You have lost this issue, and there's no going back. You don't have the numbers, and gun owners would not comply with nonsensical restrictions.

If "reasonable restrictions" had been the limit of your intent in the beginning, fine. But Democrats tend to work in increments. They say "reasonable restrictions". They succeed in getting them. Then a few months later they come back looking for more "reasonable restrictions" and jack up the hysteria again.

Rinse and repeat. Over and over.

Take a nice walk. You lost.

Forum List

Back