Ban Non-English Media in America

Now back to the actual topic, banning all other languages in the USA is a great idea, if you want Americans to be the dumbest nation on Earth. They'll never be able to understand anything but propaganda which is force fed to them, and will never be able to learn any foreign language because they will be too immersed in English.
Who needs to learn a foreign language ? We have English. We need nothing else.
You know under hard-line Communism as was practiced under Stalin or Mao, for example, it was extremely hard to travel outside the country, impossible without special permission from the officials. Actually the same in North Korea today.

Are you suggesting the United States doing something like this as well?

“Ban Non-English Media in America”

Such is the authoritarian right and the contempt most conservatives have for the First Amendment.

As has likely already been correctly noted, any measure seeking to ‘ban’ non-English speaking media would be struck down as un-Constitutional – not that most on the right care anything about the Constitution, of course.

All media in America (radio, TV, newspapers, magazines, public songs, etc) that are not in the English language should be banned. The USA should establish it self as an English-speaking country, with English as the official national language, and all others banned from the public scene.

The rise of non-English media has been concurrent with rises in immigration from non-English speaking countries, including a large influx of illegal aliens. These illegals are counter to the interests of Americans in many ways. Yet, their presence here is being encouraged by having TV stations in Spanish and possibly other languages, numerous AM radio stations, and even PA systems in WalMart play unAmerican songs in Spanish.

All of this encourages people to come here illegally, and then not learn English once they're here.

There's no mystery to this. Democrats have been encouraging immigration (including illegal) for decades) and rely on the immigrants for votes. Instead, thus immigration should be DIScouraged, and what immigrants do come here (legally) should be encouraged to learn English and speak, as my mother's family did, when they arrived here in 1929.. They had no media for them in Danish. No voting ballots in Danish for them. My paternal grandparents likewise, learned English back in the 1890s. They had no Spanish newspapers or voting ballots in Spanish. They learned English. That is how it should be now too.
Straw man fallacy.

Democrats do not ‘encourage’ immigration – illegal immigration in particular.

Democrats correctly understand that immigrants are among our greatest assets, and Democrats don’t have an unwarranted fear of immigration, as is not the case with most conservatives.

That immigrants who become citizens tend to vote Democratic comes as no surprise, given the baseless fear and hostility they encounter from the GOP.

You know.............on my cable provider (Suddenlink in Amarillo TX), there are over 400 channels on the cable (200 regular and 200 HD), and out of those 400 channels, there are only about 5 or 8 Spanish channels on it.

Me? I have no problem with having only a few Spanish channels on my cable provider. Why? Sometimes I watch shows in Spanish to see if I can pick up on the conversations and try to teach myself a bit of Spanish.

Besides.................this country was built by immigrants.
Yeah like my mother from Denmark in 1929, and my grandparents from British Honduras in 1890. And they had no Spanish or Danish anything, and they never needed them, or asked for them. They learned English right away, and became REAL Americans.
You’re an ignorant, hateful bigot.

And you have every right to be an ignorant, hateful bigot, and to freely express your fear, ignorance, and hate, as guaranteed by the First Amendment, the same First Amendment you clearly despise.

All media in America (radio, TV, newspapers, magazines, public songs, etc) that are not in the English language should be banned. The USA should establish it self as an English-speaking country, with English as the official national language, and all others banned from the public scene.

The rise of non-English media has been concurrent with rises in immigration from non-English speaking countries, including a large influx of illegal aliens. These illegals are counter to the interests of Americans in many ways. Yet, their presence here is being encouraged by having TV stations in Spanish and possibly other languages, numerous AM radio stations, and even PA systems in WalMart play unAmerican songs in Spanish.

All of this encourages people to come here illegally, and then not learn English once they're here.

There's no mystery to this. Democrats have been encouraging immigration (including illegal) for decades) and rely on the immigrants for votes. Instead, thus immigration should be DIScouraged, and what immigrants do come here (legally) should be encouraged to learn English and speak, as my mother's family did, when they arrived here in 1929.. They had no media for them in Danish. No voting ballots in Danish for them. My paternal grandparents likewise, learned English back in the 1890s. They had no Spanish newspapers or voting ballots in Spanish. They learned English. That is how it should be now too.

That's very fascist and unAmerican of you.

Yeah- nothing says "I love America" like pissing on the Bill of Rights like you propose.
What does this have to do with the bill of rights.? Where in the bill of rights does it say that America should have to be multiculturalist ?

What is sad is that you just are so contemptuous of the Bill of Rights. that you are so willing to ignore piss on them

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

'freedom of speech'
'freedom of the press'

What part of those are you refusing to accept?

Not only is the Obama/Clinton cartel not going to ban foreign language in media, they have taken writing away from our children and are teaching them to read and write in Arabic instead. ..

Thanks for the right wing nut job point of view.

All media in America (radio, TV, newspapers, magazines, public songs, etc) that are not in the English language should be banned. The USA should establish it self as an English-speaking country, with English as the official national language, and all others banned from the public scene..

Yeah- nothing says "I love America" like pissing on the Bill of Rights like you propose.

Apparently you don't get the people in France speaking French, or the Italians speaking Italian, or Americans speaking English... Rights and native tongues are not the same thing. I learned the tongue of the nation I live in so that I can participate in the nation to which I belong.
I have the right to speak whatever language I desire, N'est-ce pas? Get the difference?
This is the US message board. And low and behold, it is in English, not Arabic. go figure...

Apparently you don't understand the Constitution of the United States.

You have the right to speak whatever language you desire- and publish in whatever language you desire- in the United States. Protectionist- as always- wants to piss on the Constitution- by having government prohibit free speech and free press- in any language Protectionist objects to.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Not only is the Obama/Clinton cartel not going to ban foreign language in media, they have taken writing away from our children and are teaching them to read and write in Arabic instead.
Step away from the crack pipe and get yourself to a treatment center.

CNN
Aug 10, 2011 - Critics are upset that cursive writing classes are being kicked out of more schools ... Another critic fears adults in the years to come will write like children; Autograph ... Educators warn of negative effects of not teaching cursive ... including, "American Cursive Handwriting," which was released last month.

The Washington Post
Dec 18, 2015 - Calligraphy assignment or statement of Muslim faith? ... A Virginia county closed all of its schools Friday because of intense backlash over a class assignment about Islam, with some parents alleging that their children were being subjected ... the shahada, an Islamic declaration of faith, in Arabic calligraphy.

Step away from stupidity before it consumes you..

Why should children learn cursive? You might as well teach them Morse Code. It's about as useful today.

Cursive is a dying art- but it is still worth teaching and they still teach it in our school district.

Hey Protectionist...............if you're so interested in making the US a one language nation, then why don't you get on it and start lobbying your congress critter? There is currently no law that states that America has ANY language as it's official language.

If you're scared to go national, then check into your state and see if they have an official language in their constitution, because I bet they don't. You can start at the state level and then take it national.

That is.................unless you're scared.....................
What's there to be scared of ? :dunno: You contact your Congressman and ask for a ban on non-English media. I've been doing it since 1978.

Ah what an American

Asking your Congressman to ignore the Constitution of the United States since 1978.

You are voting for Trump- aren't you?

It isn't an idiot question, you are an idiot and don't have an answer. Free speech is self-explanatory. You are suggesting that speaking in a language other than the one you select, be illegal. Where in the Constitution does it say free speech is only free if it is in English?
The Constitution says nothing about what language may be spoken in the USA. Nothing for or against. Thus, it is perfectly permissable to enact a law which would make English the official language, and have all speech be in English. It's not a Constitutional issue. You're an idiot.

What part of freedom of speech and freedom of the press do you not get? Oh wait- all of it- just as you reject 'freedom of religion'

You are a good Trump voter.

It's not a bad thing having other language speaking media in a country.
Maybe some people could learn another language! It's useful!
If I had an English speaking channel in my childhood maybe I could speak a better English now :D

Why, do you need a spelling lesson too?
The reason why is because you aren't accepting the definition of a NATION from the Websters New World College Dictionary, 4th ed., so one would tend to think you are being guided by some other dictionary which says something different. If that the case, then the question would be, what dictionary is that ? If you know of one, let's hear it.

Maybe you should try looking up another word, "Capitalism".

Not only is the Obama/Clinton cartel not going to ban foreign language in media, they have taken writing away from our children and are teaching them to read and write in Arabic instead.

CNN
Aug 10, 2011 - Critics are upset that cursive writing classes are being kicked out of more schools ... Another critic fears adults in the years to come will write like children; Autograph ... Educators warn of negative effects of not teaching cursive ... including, "American Cursive Handwriting," which was released last month.

The Washington Post
Dec 18, 2015 - Calligraphy assignment or statement of Muslim faith? ... A Virginia county closed all of its schools Friday because of intense backlash over a class assignment about Islam, with some parents alleging that their children were being subjected ... the shahada, an Islamic declaration of faith, in Arabic calligraphy.

Why should children learn cursive? You might as well teach them Morse Code. It's about as useful today.

Cursive is a dying art- but it is still worth teaching and they still teach it in our school district.

Why? Why is it worth teaching? Why is cursive any more necessary than teaching Morse Code? Nobody writes anymore.

CNN

The Washington Post

Why? Why is it worth teaching? Why is cursive any more necessary than teaching Morse Code? Nobody writes anymore.

Actually people do write- just not as commonly. The amount of communications sent- or preserved in Morse code- the number of people fluent in it was always miniscule. But handwriting was and still is used by millions of Americans. Why short change our students?

CNN

The Washington Post

Actually people do write- just not as commonly. The amount of communications sent- or preserved in Morse code- the number of people fluent in it was always miniscule. But handwriting was and still is used by millions of Americans. Why short change our students?

When was the last time you wrote anything beyond your signature, in cursive?

CNN

The Washington Post

I wrote down notes just two nights ago in cursive. I wrote a thank you note in cursive about a month ago- a hand written thank you note is an amazingly powerful communication.

I wrote down notes just two nights ago in cursive. I wrote a thank you note in cursive about a month ago- a hand written thank you note is an amazingly powerful communication.

For old people. Some neighbors of mine took their horse and buggy out the other day for a quick run around town...doesn't mean we should teach horseshoeing in schools.

why do you hate capitalism?

Forum List

Back