Ban This Breed

these incidents happen far to often. This breed must be banned and anyone caught breeding them or fighting them must be imprisoned.

Graphic photos: Texas man disfigured by savage dog attack

The man, identified as Milton Sturges, 58, was out walking Wednesday when the dogs attacked. A neighbor who heard the man screaming called police, who, upon arrival, reportedly saw the man being mauled, local news station CBS 11 reported.

NORTH CAROLINA RESIDENTS SHOULD AVOID FLORENCE-AFFECTED WATERS, OFFICIALS SAY

One officer struck the dogs -- believed to be adult pit bulls, one male and one female -- with a weapon. Eventually, they successfully pulled the dogs off the man.

Sturges was rushed to the hospital with serious injuries.

ā€œHe lost both of his ears. His nose was partially torn off and his bottom lip was partially torn off,ā€ Omar Sturges, Miltonā€™s nephew, told the news station.
We have a 14 year old pitbull. Fantastic family pet.

How bout you ban moron owners?

Unless of course you want to ban guns too instead of the owners?

Correct.

In fact, there is no such thing as a ā€˜pit bullā€™ ā€“ there is no such ā€˜breedā€™ recognized by the AKC.

Because ā€˜pit bullā€™ is a type of dog, and not a ā€˜breed,ā€™ the notion of making them ā€˜illegalā€™ to own is that much more problematic.

And since ā€˜pit bullā€™ is a conglomeration of mixed-breeds, lookalikes, and mutts, rather than an actual breed, garnering factual information and statistics justifying ā€˜banningā€™ such dogs is rendered impossible.

There are several types of dogs that are commonly called "Pit Bulls." Primarly, these are the American Pit Bull Terrier, the American Staffordshire Terrier (AST), and the Staffordshire Bull Terrier (SBT). All three of these dogs share common ancestry but have been subsequently bred emphasizing different breeding criteria. Due to this divergence, some people feel that they are now different breeds. Others choose to view them as different "strains" of the same breed. Neither view is wrong, as it comes down to how one defines what a "breed" is. This FAQ is primarily about the American Pit Bull Terrier, specifically those dogs of relatively recent game-bred ancestry. Some of the material may ring true for the AST and the SBT, but the authors are biased toward the APBT from performance-bred lines, and this bias will be clear throughout the FAQ.

Why doesn't the AKC recognize the APBT? - Pitbulls : Go Pitbull Dog Forums

these incidents happen far to often. This breed must be banned and anyone caught breeding them or fighting them must be imprisoned.

The man, identified as Milton Sturges, 58, was out walking Wednesday when the dogs attacked. A neighbor who heard the man screaming called police, who, upon arrival, reportedly saw the man being mauled, local news station CBS 11 reported.

One officer struck the dogs -- believed to be adult pit bulls, one male and one female -- with a weapon. Eventually, they successfully pulled the dogs off the man.

ā€œHe lost both of his ears. His nose was partially torn off and his bottom lip was partially torn off,ā€ Omar Sturges, Miltonā€™s nephew, told the news station.
Or breed the violence out of the ones sold as pets.

Keep in mind junk yards want a viscous dog. But my neighbor shouldnā€™t be trusted with this weapon they canā€™t say they can keep under control.

I have a dog. Sometimes he slips out

We should ban everything that might could possibly one day harm someone.

Haven't we already pretty much done that already?
Our chihuahua has a nasty nip.
Of all the dogs I have handled, only the Chihuahuas have ever bit me. I rescued a pit once. It was in terrible shape, covered in bite scars and cigarette burns. His ears had been cut off with a scissors. He was covered in paint, starving and exhausted. He came to my door and banged on it with his paw. He was very gentle, even with the cats. I found him a home . He held out for a big family with lots of children. The only thing that he ever took notice of was men with sticks. When the pit saw a man with a cane or stick, the dog would sit down and just watch him until he walked on by. Never growled or anything. Just watched.

Last I saw this baby, he had been with his family for 5 years and they broke down and got him his own cat.

these incidents happen far to often. This breed must be banned and anyone caught breeding them or fighting them must be imprisoned..

Please come by for my pit bull. Iā€™ll bury you fucking worthless ass in my back yard and let her piss and shit on your grace every time she goes out.

I firmly believe in training. I see pit bulls who have the softest disposition...I would love to own one....

In my neighborhood I always see people,children walking their pits daily....it's a joy to observe.....that's how it should be.

Of all the dogs I have handled, only the Chihuahuas have ever bit me. I rescued a pit once. It was in terrible shape, covered in bite scars and cigarette burns. His ears had been cut off with a scissors. He was covered in paint, starving and exhausted. He came to my door and banged on it with his paw. He was very gentle, even with the cats. I found him a home . He held out for a big family with lots of children. The only thing that he ever took notice of was men with sticks. When the pit saw a man with a cane or stick, the dog would sit down and just watch him until he walked on by. Never growled or anything. Just watched.

Last I saw this baby, he had been with his family for 5 years and they broke down and got him his own cat.
We have 2 sisters, 2 years old who are sweethearts. Today we went out and when we came home it looks like one has a broken leg, not positive. But we live on an island and the vet doesn't come until Wednesday so she's gonna have to nurse it until then.

We have 2 sisters, 2 years old who are sweethearts. Today we went out and when we came home it looks like one has a broken leg, not positive. But we live on an island and the vet doesn't come until Wednesday so she's gonna have to nurse it until then.

I hope things come out fine!

I read calls to ban this or that the thought that comes to mind is, how is the war on
drugs working out for you? How about prohibition?
Farther down in the replies I read that a ban would be rightwing authoritarian. A ban sounds very much like something Mr. Stalin, Mr. Mao or Mr. Pol Pot would have ordered and they were decidely not rightwing authoritarian yes rightwing no.

No need to ban anything if people would stop being such irresponsible idiots that they cost people their lives.
And you lumped them all in together in one convenient group.
You are really adding nothing here.

"Adding" of course just means saying what you want to hear.
Hysteria is "adding" absolutely nothing.
You made a blanket generalized statement assuming an entire breed and the owners a menace.

I love this breed...I love them I love them....

GOD Bless all dogs on Earth...all animal life on Earth....

All animal life may be Blessed

NuVxth4.jpg

You are most likely to be bitten by a Chihuahua.

https://www.caninejournal.com/dog-bite-statistics/

I think the problem a lot of people have with Pit Bulls is not associated as much with the demeanor of the dog, as it is with how bad the dog will mess you up if it does decide to take you down.

When it comes to ferocious dogs that will defend their turf to the death, beware of female Chows. They are fiercely protective of their domain and family members. Plus she will have the size to mess you up.

Nelly-2017-2.jpg

Ban people who want to ban everything

Forum List

Back