Bank failures have started

People here keep on saying that this is a rich person/tech world issue. Just found out how personal it can get.
My Kids [adults with kids of their own] are over for lunch where my oldest had issues getting paid at his HVAC job. Seems that the company he works for uses a payroll service that just so happened to use this bank. The owner of this local Arkansas company at least had some personal funds that he used to be able to pay his employees but there isn't a way that he can continue to that. All of the funds are out of reach until the FDIC can get around to releasing the funds. Not sure if they had more than the FDIC covers but the HVAC world is an expensive business since they have to have a variety of HVAC equipment to be able take care of their customers.
Again, not just a rich people/tech world issue and it effects people across the US, even in a small NW Ark world.
Yes, I read that this is a big problem because a pretty major payroll-paying firm served a lot of tech start-ups doing their payrolls for them and so when the bank suddenly collapsed, all their payment monies went with it and they can't do payroll on quite a few companies. One of them had a thousand employees. I felt a chill when I read that.

Good luck to your son!

From the Bloomberg article it looks like Thiel noticed something hinkey and bailed.

"But the firm learned that its limited partners were encountering issues using SVB services as they tried to transfer the funds — they weren’t immediately going through as expected, the person said.

Quickly, Founders Fund asked its investors to transfer the money to other banks instead. The fund acted to ensure that startup funding deals that were slated to close in the coming days were not delayed, the person said."

"Silicon Valley Bank employees received their annual bonuses shortly before the bank was seized Friday, NBC News reported late Saturday.

The bank traditionally hands out bonuses for the prior year’s work on the second Friday in March, and the payments had been in the works for days, sources familiar with the matter told CNBC.

It’s unclear how much cash was distributed, but NBC said the bonuses likely ranged from $14,000 each for associates to $140,000 apiece for managing directors, based on figures posted on the Glassdoor website."

Talk about unfortunate timing from a public relations perspective.

Adding $9 trillion to the debt won't affect inflation?

It's funny you keep stopping at Trump. Do you really think that the $8.6 trillion that Obama spent had no affect on today's inflation? Or the $5.85 trillion that Bush added? Today's inflation problem has many fathers unfortunately. Just thought it was important to point that out since you're singularly focused on one person. But we all know why of course.

The fact that Trump is responsible for 25% of all the debt accumulated under every single president is a FACT.

You can whine about people pointing it out, but that's all you're doing.

Well, in fact, Congress was. What percentage of the national debt was Nancy Pelosi responsible for in her two terms as speaker of the house? Any clue? No, of course not...

I hadn't heard that!! If there is any truth to their limiting withdrawals, like tomorrow when banks open, yeah, trouble coming.
hal Turner told his paid subscribers that something big will happen in 3 days. based on the open comments, it looks like big banks will fail. one subscriber
said PNC limited his withdrawals to $4,000. another stated that their bank was closed for maintenance.

The fact that Trump is responsible for 25% of all the debt accumulated under every single president is a FACT.

You can whine about people pointing it out, but that's all you're doing.
That's true, but he would not have had to spend that money if he didn't have to fix all the things filthy leftist SCUM democrats ruined. Fact.

hal Turner told his paid subscribers that something big will happen in 3 days. based on the open comments, it looks like big banks will fail. one subscriber
said PNC limited his withdrawals to $4,000. another stated that their bank was closed for maintenance.
Closed for maintenance --- I like that one a lot. They get points for creativity.

IMG_6950.jpg

Forum List

Back