🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Barbara Bush funeral

"Oh my God. 93 year-old George HW Bush, in a wheelchair, in front of Mrs. Bush’s casket, thanking every mourner who comes to pay respects to his love and life partner of 75 years -what an example of respect, stoicism and devotion. Please just pass me the Kleenex. The entire box." - Mrs Ana Navarro

This man is going to break my heart.

View attachment 189225

'We'll be celebrating her life,' pastor says of Barbara Bush's funeral

"My role is to lift up her faith, which was strong, which was abiding, which was real," Levenson, the pastor of St. Martin's, told ABC News today.

"While I was her confidant, it's hard to be a confidant to a woman who had no secrets. There were none," he said. "What you saw is what you got. We had very open conversations about her faith and about her love of God and her love of others, which I think was evident in all that she did."

Beautiful video at the link.

The first picture I saw was her husband in a wheelchair at the foot of her casket, greeting everyone who passed.

More to follow.
She was the most dynamic female ever to be born over the past 92 years. Gotta love her, even if you/I were/was not terribly fond of GHW or Dubya.

yes i would also like to note that all members of the obama and clinton families are banned from my funeral. no LA Clippers either.

Her funeral isn't political for me. Maybe it should be? But I am mostly aware of the length of her marriage and that she was a pretty damn amazing woman. I know people can point out to me what she did 'bad' or wrong but the day of her funeral isn't the right time.
Her funeral is political for Obama and for Trump however.

I was cognizant how they have featured Jeb throughout the whole thing.

Perhaps it is political after all.

First reading at funeral.

View attachment 189249
Very beautiful KJV version of this famous Bible passage, probably written originally by King Solomon.

Here is what it really says when literally translated out of Hebrew if you are interested:

To all stated time and season for every event under the heavens,

A season to give birth and a season to die,

A season to plant and a season to reap,

A season to kill and a season to heal,

A season to break apart and a season to build,

A season to weep and a season to make merry,

A season to wail and a season to dance,

A season to fling stones and a season to collect stones,

A season to embrace and a season to be far from embracing,

A season to seek and a season to destroy,

A season to keep and a season to discard,

A season to tear off and a season to sew,