Bashing Ayn Rand

and the KKK was made up almost exclusively of democrats. Lincoln was a republican. Republicans passed the civil rights act.

if you are going to recite history, at least do it accurately

Yep. And, as Johnson foresaw, with the passing of the Civil Rights Act, the parties completely switched places. The South became the GOP stronghold, the industrial north and the Northeast and West Coast, that of the Democrats.

Now it is the GOP that openly tries to prevent minorities from voting, that talks of women in a degrading manner, and insists they have no right to make decisions for themselves.

And we are fighting a great battle in the GOP to remove the racists and the sexists and nativists from power. We have made strides against the racists, will pass the immigration bill, and accept the rulings of SCOTUS on DOMA and Prop 8.

The GOP is shedding the power of the far right and reaching to the center.

We in the mainstream GOP will nominate great Americans from the right of center, ignore the reactionaries and haters to our far right, and win the election of 2016, which will change the course of American history for the good.

I hope so. Today's Repubs are charicatures of themselves. They play right into the hands of people's pre-concieved notions like "A woman's body can shut that down" from MidWest repubs in re: women being able to auto abort rape babies :cuckoo:

Atlas Shrugged was all about individualism vs collectivism.

Individualism leads to peace, prosperity and growth.

Collectivism leads to death, destruction and decay.

It is all so simple.

What nation or culture can boast of having the most individualistic society?

How about least?

Is there a happy place somewhere in the middle?

Somalia. Can't get more individualistic than anarchy.

It is all so simple.

How about least?

I wonder why I never got an answer to these questions from the person I directed them to?

It is all so simple.

How about least?

I wonder why I never got an answer to these questions from the person I directed them to?

Because his argument only holds up if you make some weird assumptions about human nature. On that note, this is where I add that communism and libertarian actually have a lot in common.

It is all so simple.

How about least?

Somalia!!!!

communism and libertarian actually have a lot in common.

(1) both turn in to societies of cadre and elites supported by violence against the workers

(2) both ignore the realities of human nature

The reactionaries and haters to our far right control the party through the primaries. You're only viable option is to join with blue dog Democrats.

Oh, that is why they nominated our presidential candidates in the last two elections? Oh, that is why they won the Senate; oh, that's right they cost us the majority twice.

Watch, there will be no reactionaries and haters on our presidential, vice presidential, and senatorial tickets in 2016. The blue dogs will do as they will in the Dems, and we will finish off the reactionary and hater RINOs over the next three years in our primaries.

Good luck, because they are not going away or shrinking. They are fed raw meat propaganda 24/7 on Faux News, Breitbart, Malkin, Rush Limbaugh and the slew of hate radio goons.

Question... how can you call Fox News a source of propaganda when liberals have 5 different channels spewing their demagoguery on a daily basis? How can you neglect to include sources of liberal propaganda such as Mike Malloy and Chris Mathews?

You really are one sided aren't you?

Rand was correct about one thing.

ATLAS is shrugging.

What do we think FREE TRADE and OFF SHORiNG CORPORATE PROFITS is all about?

Of course our RANDiANS don't leave to create their LIBERTOPIA like John Galt did.

Instead they continue to trade with the USA by importing their offshored goods and they insinuate themselves into our politics to insure tthat the laws make it possible for them to SHRUG.

Corporations still want the benefit of this superpower, and they have devised ways of seeing to it that they get this benefit on the cheap.

nothing being done by corporations today in the USA is illegal. They are in compliance with the laws set up by congress------------and congress has been controlled by liberal democrats for most of the last 75 years.

unless you can come up with something illegal being done by offshoring etc, then your issue is with liberals in congress, not corporations.

The last 30 years have been controlled mostly by Republicans. Don't believe me? Ask these people.

"The excuse cannot be used that Congress massively increased Reagan's budget proposals. On the contrary, there was never much difference between Reagan's and Congress's budgets, and despite propaganda to the contrary, Reagan never proposed a cut in the total budget."
Murray N. Rothbard - former Dean of the Austrian School, an economist, economic historian, and libertarian political philosopher

"The debt explosion has resulted not from big spending by the Democrats, but instead the Republican Party's embrace, about three decades ago, of the insidious doctrine that deficits don't matter if they result from tax cuts."
David Stockman - Director of the Office of Management and Budget for U.S. President Ronald Reagan.

"Grover Norquist has no plan to pay this debt down. His plan says you continue to add to the debt..."
Senator Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.)

“Ronald Reagan changed the trajectory of America in a way that Richard Nixon did not and in a way that Bill Clinton did not.” Reagan was an ideological inflection point, ending a 50-year liberal ascendancy and beginning a 30-year conservative ascendancy.
Charles Krauthammer

control of congress by party

Party In Power - Congress and Presidency - A Visual Guide To The Balance of Power In Congress, 1945-2008

clearly the damage has been done mostly by democrats.

What is shocking when capitalism exploits workers, as in Bangladesh, or in the US before and after 1900.

We will never permit that era in America again, ever.

No? I just saw an article in the paper yesterday that stated that 1/4 of all American workers have no paid time off from work during the year. Apparently, there's no law that mandates it like in other Western countries. I don't know how long that 25% figure has been a reality. But, since there is no law that mandates paid vacation or holiday time in this country, I guess it's just a matter of time until more companies choose to change their new employee hiring contracts in order to take advantage of the lack of any legal requirement to provide a benefit they had previously automatically included out of tradition. People might find that they'll still get a vacation. They just won't get paid during their time off from work -- except for the executives, of course.

that 25% is probably part-time workers. Do you think part time workers should get paid vacations?

Now, why are there so many part time workers??????? Obamacare. You fools wanted it, now deal with it. :eusa_whistle:

What is shocking when capitalism exploits workers, as in Bangladesh, or in the US before and after 1900.

No? I just saw an article in the paper yesterday that stated that 1/4 of all American workers have no paid time off from work during the year. Apparently, there's no law that mandates it like in other Western countries. I don't know how long that 25% figure has been a reality. But, since there is no law that mandates paid vacation or holiday time in this country, I guess it's just a matter of time until more companies choose to change their new employee hiring contracts in order to take advantage of the lack of any legal requirement to provide a benefit they had previously automatically included out of tradition. People might find that they'll still get a vacation. They just won't get paid during their time off from work -- except for the executives, of course.

that 25% is probably part-time workers. Do you think part time workers should get paid vacations?

Now, why are there so many part time workers??????? Obamacare. You fools wanted it, now deal with it.

1981: 2% of US jobs were temps
2006: 9% of US jobs were temps
Source: BLS

350% increase in 25 years under what George Bush Sr described as voodoo economic policy, policy he fought nutballs in his own party to change 1988-1992, which caused white trash to un-elect him.

So, until someone posts some numbers, there is ZERO PROOF supporting claims Obamacare has increased the permanent temp workforce at the same velocity as ReagaNUTics.

Next.
:cool:

Last edited:

Now, why are there so many part time workers??????? Obamacare. You fools wanted it, now deal with it. :eusa_whistle:

You're assuming facts not in evidence.

what planet are you on? do you ever listen to the news? hundreds of companies are reducing hours below 30/week to escape obamacare. its either that or close their doors, which would you do?

Now, why are there so many part time workers??????? Obamacare. You fools wanted it, now deal with it.

400% growth under what George Bush Sr described as voodoo economic policy, policy he fought nutballs in his own party to change 1988-1992, which caused white trash to un-elect him.

So, until someone posts some numbers, there is ZERO PROOF supporting claims Obamacare has increased the permanent temp workforce as much as ReagaNUTics.

Next.

your data is 7 years old---------got anything from 2012 or 2013?

Party In Power - Congress and Presidency - A Visual Guide To The Balance of Power In Congress, 1945-2008

anyone care to comment on the red vs blue in this chart? pretty clear which party has caused the mess we are in today.

Sure does, are you color blind?

Democrats dominated from 1945 to 1980. Here a chart for you to contemplate.

Where did our debt come from? When did massive debt become part of the American economy?

Reagan switched the federal government from what he critically called, a “tax and spend” policy, to a “borrow and spend” policy, where the government continued its heavy spending, but used borrowed money instead of tax revenue to pay the bills. The results were catastrophic. Although it had taken the United States more than 200 years to accumulate the first $1 trillion of national debt, it took only five years under Reagan to add the second one trillion dollars to the debt. By the end of the 12 years of the Reagan-Bush administrations, the national debt had quadrupled to $4 trillion!

national%20debt.jpg

And where was all this angst and concern about debt from conservatives when Bush and Republicans controlled the White House and both houses of Congress for almost a decade??? When Bush was starting a 3 trillion dollar war of ideology in Iraq, there was not a fucking PEEP from you right wingers, just cheers and 'bring 'em on'... And where was this less government mantra? You right wingers LOVED BIG government and government intervention into people lives... the Patriot Act, trashing habeas corpus, the Geneva Conventions and the US War Crimes Act.

And what was the concern in the Bush administration about debt and deficits? NONE...Bush's solution was to eliminate the voices of concern.

Paul O'Neill was fired from his job as George Bush's Treasury Secretary for disagreeing too many times with the president's policy on tax cuts.

The president had promised to cut taxes, and he did. Within six months of taking office, he pushed a trillion dollars worth of tax cuts through Congress.

But O'Neill thought it should have been the end. After 9/11 and the war in Afghanistan, the budget deficit was growing. So at a meeting with the vice president after the mid-term elections in 2002, O'Neill argued against a second round of tax cuts.

"Cheney, at this moment, showed his hand. He said to O'Neill: 'You know, Paul, Reagan proved that deficits don't matter. We won the mid-term elections, this is our due.' … O'Neill was speechless."

"It was not just about not wanting the tax cut. It was about how to use the nation's resources to improve the condition of our society," says O'Neill. "And I thought the weight of working on Social Security and fundamental tax reform was a lot more important than a tax reduction."

what planet are you on? do you ever listen to the news? hundreds of companies are reducing hours below 30/week to escape obamacare. its either that or close their doors, which would you do?

What planet are YOU from?

Healthcare costs have been steadily rising for decades, LONG before Obamacare entered the picture. And in all that time, companies have increasingly been shifting those costs to their employees.

400% growth under what George Bush Sr described as voodoo economic policy, policy he fought nutballs in his own party to change 1988-1992, which caused white trash to un-elect him.

So, until someone posts some numbers, there is ZERO PROOF supporting claims Obamacare has increased the permanent temp workforce as much as ReagaNUTics.

Next.

your data is 7 years old---------got anything from 2012 or 2013?

Not to mention it is "temp" data, not part time. Here is the part time data:

Part time workforce 1992: 14.5kk
Part time workforce 2007: 22.5kk
Source: US BLS

Growth: 55% in 15 years under ReagaNUTics.

Again, until someone publishes hard numbers, there is no proof Obamacare is increasing EITHER the temp workforce or the part time workforce at the velocity of ReagaNUTics.

To your question, Redfish: of course the data is in front of me. But the economy crashed in 2008 so only a moron would claim - at this stage of the game - that Obamacare is the cause of an increase, if any. No point my publishing the data. That is why we all went to school; yes?

What planet are YOU from?

Healthcare costs have been steadily rising for decades, LONG before Obamacare entered the picture. And in all that time, companies have increasingly been shifting those costs to their employees.

The Cost of Doing Nothing
Why the Cost of Failing to Fix Our Health System Is Greater than the Cost of Reform

The U.S. health care system is in crisis. Health care costs too much; we often get too little in exchange for our health care dollar; and tens of millions of Americans are uninsured.

Our economy loses hundreds of billions of dollars every year because of the diminished health and shorter lifespan of the uninsured. Rising health care costs undermine the ability of U.S. firms to compete internationally, threaten the stability of American jobs, and place increasing strain on local, state, and federal budgets. As health care costs continue to rise faster than wages, health insurance becomes more and more unaffordable for more and more American families every day.

Yet, the recent financial services meltdown has led some people to suggest that we cannot afford health reform and that fixing our broken health care system will have to wait once again. But waiting comes with a price. The crisis worsens every day that we do not act. Premiums will continue to rise; Americans will continue to pay more for less-generous health coverage; and fewer employers will offer health insurance to their workers.

We must reform our struggling health system not in spite of our economic crisis, but rather because of the impact health care has on the American economy. The economic and social impact of inaction is high and it will only rise over time.

Economic Cost

The economic cost of failing to fix our broken health care system is greater than the upfront expense of comprehensive health reform. In 2006, our economy lost as much as $200 billion because of the poor health and shorter lifespan of the uninsured. This is by most estimates as much as, if not greater than, the public costs of ensuring all Americans have quality, affordable, health coverage. The economies in California, Texas, and Florida suffer most from productivity loses stemming from the uninsured. Yet, Delaware’s economy loses more per uninsured person -- over $6,800 per uninsured resident.

Affordability

As health care costs continue to grow faster than wages, health insurance will become more and more unaffordable for more and more American families every day. The financial burdens associated with health care and health insurance will only get worse over time without action.The cost of the average employer-sponsored health insurance plan (ESI) for a family will reach $24,000 in 2016. This represents an 84 percent increase over 2008 premium levels. Under this scenario, we estimate that at least half of American households will need to spend more than 45 percent of their income to buy health insurance.

More

Forum List

Back