Be Honest: There is only one real reason to need to carry a gun.

Criminals without guns are a lot less harmful than criminals with guns.

What an Ignorant comment. Why would you assume Criminals would not have guns, just because guns are not legal? Are they all of the sudden going to become law Abiding citizens. Banning guns simply makes it so only the Law, and the Criminals have guns.

[
I think Joe has a boyfriend in prison, because he never wants to hold criminals accountable for their crimes.

NO, I'd actually like us to have an economic system that doesn't produce criminals.

Oh, hey, you know, Germany only locks up 78,000 prisoners, their police only had to fire their guns 89 times last year, and they only had 248 gun murders...

Oh, wait, they're not americans, let's pretend they don't exist.

There you go again, trying to compare other countries with the United States. And, how do you plan on keeping criminals from having guns...again? The same way prohibition kept people from alcohol...maybe?

[
I think Joe has a boyfriend in prison, because he never wants to hold criminals accountable for their crimes.

NO, I'd actually like us to have an economic system that doesn't produce criminals.

Oh, hey, you know, Germany only locks up 78,000 prisoners, their police only had to fire their guns 89 times last year, and they only had 248 gun murders...

Your point is a valid one. The uber pro-gunners argument seems to be that because there are so many guns out there already that it is a pointless task. Not really. Sure, it will take a decade or two to get the plethora of guns off the streets that shouldn't be there, but eventually it would happen...

Kind of like how it took a little over a decade to get alcohol off the streets?

Guy, there aer so many ways we can ban guns without touching the second Amendment.

The top one would be making gunmakers liable for the people killed by their products.

Once the profit's gone, you'll be amazed how fast these big companies lose interest in your "Freedoms".

Why don't we do the same with every product made in America?

Then no product will ever be made in America.

Liberals destroy economies.

Actually, every other product, companies ARE held liable when their products kill or injure people.

And given the LAST FOUR recessions happened on Republican watches, I think you guys don't get to lecture anyone on who destroys economies.

I'd LOVE to have Clinton's economy back.

You're saying that if someone buys an F-150, gets drunk, and kills somebody, Ford is liable?

Dude, ARE YOU REALLY THAT FUCKING DISCONNECTED FROM REALITY?!?!

[

I think that's the dumbest post I've seen on this forum.

You're new here...give it time. That's not even the dumbest thing Joe has posted this WEEK! He's dumb as a bag of hammers.

FEAR

Seriously. Think about it. If there was no FEAR of being robbed and/or assaulted there is no reason to carry a gun, right?

We buy auto insurance and wear seat belts because we FEAR that at some point in time we may be involved in an accident. (Ok, and in most cases the law requires it and we fear getting a ticket too.)

Hey!! I'm not knocking it. Illinois will soon finally join everyone else in passing a CC law. When we do that I will get one so I can carry it in any areas known for high crime rates. But since I don't FEAR being robbed and/or assaulted in my small hometown I don't feel the need to carry it around.

Now I also realize that there are those who simply want to carry one around like a playtoy. But I suspect that they are simply making up for other "shortcomings".

So if anyone disagrees that FEAR is the primary motivation to carry a gun please explain why it's not.

I suppose you could look at it that way.

When you lock your car, do you FEAR someone is going to steal it and.or it's contents? Or is it simply a rational precaution...better safe than sorry?

I carry my gun like I carry a spare tire...I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Or how about simply stating people may carry a firearm because they just (heaven forbid) actually "enjoy" the experience and accomplishment of going out in the early morning hours, tracking, then successfully killing a ten point buck. Perhaps you were in the military and simply "enjoy" challenging yourself at the range, working to attain different skill levels of a marksman.

To base it strictly out of fear makes as much sense as saying that people attend NASCAR races, solely out of FEAR of finding themselves in a high speed auto wreck.

FEAR

Seriously. Think about it. If there was no FEAR of being robbed and/or assaulted there is no reason to carry a gun, right?

We buy auto insurance and wear seat belts because we FEAR that at some point in time we may be involved in an accident. (Ok, and in most cases the law requires it and we fear getting a ticket too.)

Hey!! I'm not knocking it. Illinois will soon finally join everyone else in passing a CC law. When we do that I will get one so I can carry it in any areas known for high crime rates. But since I don't FEAR being robbed and/or assaulted in my small hometown I don't feel the need to carry it around.

Now I also realize that there are those who simply want to carry one around like a playtoy. But I suspect that they are simply making up for other "shortcomings".

So if anyone disagrees that FEAR is the primary motivation to carry a gun please explain why it's not.

I suppose you could look at it that way.

When you lock your car, do you FEAR someone is going to steal it and.or it's contents? Or is it simply a rational precaution...better safe than sorry?

I carry my gun like I carry a spare tire...I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Or how about simply stating people may carry a firearm because they just (heaven forbid) actually "enjoy" the experience and accomplishment of going out in the early morning hours, tracking, then successfully killing a ten point buck. Perhaps you were in the military and simply "enjoy" challenging yourself at the range, working to attain different skill levels of a marksman.

To base it strictly out of fear makes as much sense as saying that people attend NASCAR races, solely out of FEAR of finding themselves in a high speed auto wreck.

Yeah, some of those wrecks ARE pretty cool...huh? LOL!

Depends if you want to live in a civilised society. The US is the only western country that is clinging to its guns. Why is that? Necessity? Nope. Because they fear? Yep...whether it be their govt or perps...they are scared. However, I honestly believe the main reason is the woodie and stiff nips it gives the respective genders who have their peashooters.

The look in their eyes when they pull the trigger - almost orgasmic. Are exceptions, as stated...

Why do you determine what equals civilized , ie moral standards, or principles? You leftists have SCREAMED FOR DECADES that no one should tell a woman what do with her own body.. Christians think BABY SLAUGHTER is not civilized. Do their beliefs now trump pro-abortion leftists? Same goes with homosexual marriage.. BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR.

Two homosexuals move in next door to you. What affect does it have on your life? None.

A woman down the road gets an abortion? What affect does it have on your life? None.

A woman across the street likes to visit gun fairs and buys them. Her nutty son takes those guns, kills her and 26 kids and teachers at a school. What affect does that have on your life. None. But others?

A business owner wants to put up a nativity for Christmas, what effect does that have on your life? None.

A trained responsible ex-military officer chooses to keep up with his skills as marksman at the range, what concern is that of yours? None.

FEAR

For many people, Goose...carrying a gun to protect their loved ones from harm is what a responsible person does and not carrying is an abdication of that responsibility. The sad fact (and it's something you KNOW if you live in a crappy area) is that the Police cannot protect you or your family from harm. They "may" investigate the crime that was perpetrated against you and "possibly" even arrest the guilty party or parties but chances are that will do very little to remedy YOU. I carry because beside personal protection...there are people that I care about enough to want to be able to protect as well. There are bad folks out there who have no qualms about hurting nice folks so act accordingly.

And I'm not sure there ARE many "safe" areas anymore...something that saddens me because I grew up in small town America when it WAS safe.

Last edited:
Why do you determine what equals civilized , ie moral standards, or principles? You leftists have SCREAMED FOR DECADES that no one should tell a woman what do with her own body.. Christians think BABY SLAUGHTER is not civilized. Do their beliefs now trump pro-abortion leftists? Same goes with homosexual marriage.. BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR.

Two homosexuals move in next door to you. What affect does it have on your life? None.

A woman down the road gets an abortion? What affect does it have on your life? None.

A woman across the street likes to visit gun fairs and buys them. Her nutty son takes those guns, kills her and 26 kids and teachers at a school. What affect does that have on your life. None. But others?

A business owner wants to put up a nativity for Christmas, what effect does that have on your life? None.

A trained responsible ex-military officer chooses to keep up with his skills as marksman at the range, what concern is that of yours? None.

I agree with both of those scenarios...and?

Forum List

Back