Zone1 Be Thou My Vision, O Lord --Songs of love and trusting in God

Let's go down, down to the River to Pray!
👍

Last edited:
I love this song. 💗

The music for ‘Be Still My Soul’ is a hymn-like section from the patriotic symphonic poem Finlandia written in 1899 by Finnish Composer Jean Sibelius.
And the whole world loves its reverent heart of love of the Lord

The Melharmonic Virtual Singers

David Archuleta's loving voice
for the Tabernacle Choir

For those who love to sing, here is a version with lyrics to sing along!

This song reminds us of how much God loves us, his creation, and hope all of you visiting this thread have a blessed day. 💗

I, the Lord of Sea and Sky...

Here I am, Lord; it is I, Lord
Virtual Singers

Lovely sounds here...

There's a Wideness in God's Mercy
Lyrics: Frederick W. Faber, 1854
Music: Lizzie S. Tourjee, 1877
Harmony by Vharles H. Webb, 1988

Last edited:
Finally, I was well enough to attend Church this morning, and my on-again, off-again ability to carry a tune smoothly as ever was not as good ad it used to be. Even so, for some reason, I hit the high notes most first sopranos can hit, but medium notes were less than good, and low notes were sound. My range has been rearranged, mainly because of an on-again, off-again ability to sing perfectly. Two of the hymns were a disaster because I had never heard either of them before. Our hymnal is modern, and the hymns were written in the late 90s of the last century. The older hymnal had dates from the 1600s - 1890s. I love the older songs, as a member of church choirs from 1960-last year. I wish this continuing raspy throat would completely heal so I could at least feel good about what other people hear, which was always my torch of rejoicing in God through loving song. My grandparents frequently reminded all their 8 grandchildren that making a joyful noise is more important to God that what others might hold a measuring rod to. Now, I have more perspective on their perfect meaning, and I love them very much, even if they're in heaven's choir now. 💙💗 Their most loved evening song below, my memory of grandpa's 5-octive singing was so pleasant to me because I loved all the good things he did for other WWI veterans, their families, and grandma's accompaniment in alto and saleswomanship on memorial day of red crepe poppies for people's lapel to remember America's sacrifices -- all their songswere so wonderful. I can still hear them in my heart, but this is as close a version as I could find of one of them, "Gonna lay down my burden, down by the riverside":

Last edited:
My favorite, written by Martin Luther in 1529
A Mighty Fortress is our God

John Rutter's version of
The Lord Bless You and Keep You
Virtual Choir style

The Irish Blessing - over 300 churches from our island sing a blessing over Ireland and beyond​

The WORLD BLESSING 2023 ♥ 154 nations proclaim God's blessing in 257 languages ♥ Share H I S hope​

This one brought tears because this world seems headed for nuclear disaster, and these loving people
who believe in caring for each other regardless of color or country--they don't deserve death. Just sayin'.​

Last edited:
Prayer for the Ukraine
Sung by the Estonia National Male Choir
Their brotherly love for the sorrows of those vaporized by missiles
brought tears to my eyes, although I didn't understand a single word.
The music is more eloquent than I can describe.

May God bring peace on earth by teaching each of us peace in our thoughts for others when we have failed when forgetting those who have such losses.

:huddle:

Forum List

Back