Bear hunting now bad

Why was it illegal?
The spear had a folding stock?

Better question: Where do I go to buy a spear?
Make one. I was walking Karma yesterday and stumbled across a really cool dead branch that looks almost like Gandalfs. Been whittling away with it slowly since then. If I wanted a spear, all I would have to do is make a pointy end.

Very true but how badass would I be if I had one of these:

zombieapocalypsespear85.jpg

Why was it illegal?
The spear had a folding stock?

Better question: Where do I go to buy a spear?
Make one. I was walking Karma yesterday and stumbled across a really cool dead branch that looks almost like Gandalfs. Been whittling away with it slowly since then. If I wanted a spear, all I would have to do is make a pointy end.

Very true but how badass would I be if I had one of these:

zombieapocalypsespear85.jpg
Thats pretty damn cool.

well , if hunting bear for food [rather than as a contest] it seems that humans would use the most efficient means possible . Course that'd be a gun Old School !!
I got no quarrel with a bear, and prefer not to eat carrion eaters.

Starving, I'd try bear.

Seen them skinned.

Look too much like a skinned out man.

I wish we had them here to thin out the feral hogs.

Screwing with the natural balance hurts everyone. If we still had natural predators, we would not have a problem with feral hogs.

MAN is the top predator and wolves are being reintroduced in many USA states and cougar are showing up in big cities with Black Bear climbing trees in homeowners front yards .

bear kills Rutgers student and New Jersey has quite a black bear population [troublesome] . Plus New Jersey has gotta be one of the most densely populated states in the USA . --- Black Bear Kills Rutgers Student In New Jersey - Business Insider --- oh geez , I can just hear the animal lovers say , but , but , but the aminals owned New Jersey first , yeah well , eat the animals !!

Last edited:
Anyone can kill a bear with a gun. Nab one with a knife... and I'll be impressed!
What do you think this is... 10,000 BC?

Psh they used spears back then. Actually, I'd be impressed by that too.
A guy near here killed a deer with a spear, and got a ticket.

Seems it wasn't legal.

Might be now, due to that incident.

Why was it illegal?
I think because nobody included it in the list of legal methods of taking game.

Illegal by omission rather than commission.

Forum List

Back