Because of no right to own firearms...

Murder by gun: We're 40 times better at it than the UK

Murder overall: We're more than 4 times better at it than the UK.

Simple facts.
Don't quote facts.
The pantywaists who should be over battling hand to hand always bring in Chicago excuses.
We are a violent cowardly nation, simple as that
Murder rates are determined by many more variables than guns alone

That is a simple fact you cannot understand
Phew, I feel better now

Yes it feels good to actually learn something doesn't' it ?

And yet the gun nutters want us to have more guns in inexperienced hands. Talk about the Darwin Affect.
And yet FACTS are with more firearms we have less accidental shootings less death by accidental shootings and less murder by firearms, go figure.
A total falsehood.

Murder by firearm in the UK: one per MILLION

Murder by firearm in the US: four per 100,000

We are FORTY TIMES better at murdering people with guns.

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

The British criminals have never been big on committing murder, and you know this....you have to pretend that is the issue because the fact is, gun control in Britain is not working...gun crime is up 43% in London, homicide rates are up 44%....violent crime is going through the roof......

The British people turned in their guns on the promise from the British government it would make them safer.....an increase of 44% in homicides and a 42% increase in gun crime...after they banned and confiscated guns is not being safer...;

Meanwhile...in the United States, as more Americans own and carry guns....we are safer....

gun murder, down 49%

gun crime down 75%

violent crime down 72%

Please...explain how everything you say about guns is so wrong
So how many are there ?
You never do. Tell.
Just blab we are down.
What are the actual numbers?
And define what is a violent crime here and in the uk.
You never do that

The UK has twice as many assaults and rapes per capita than the US and 3 times as much crime per capita than the US

I believe that ship has already sailed. A good quality cite has been given that says that you are just making crap up again. Wait at least a month before you start doing that again. Don't make it so easy. Make us all work for a response.

And yet FACTS are with more firearms we have less accidental shootings less death by accidental shootings and less murder by firearms, go figure.
A total falsehood.

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

The British criminals have never been big on committing murder, and you know this....you have to pretend that is the issue because the fact is, gun control in Britain is not working...gun crime is up 43% in London, homicide rates are up 44%....violent crime is going through the roof......

The British people turned in their guns on the promise from the British government it would make them safer.....an increase of 44% in homicides and a 42% increase in gun crime...after they banned and confiscated guns is not being safer...;

Meanwhile...in the United States, as more Americans own and carry guns....we are safer....

gun murder, down 49%

gun crime down 75%

violent crime down 72%

So how many are there ?
You never do. Tell.
Just blab we are down.
You never do that

The UK has twice as many assaults and rapes per capita than the US and 3 times as much crime per capita than the US
Murders by gun?
Got any data?

Who cares?

Murder is murder whether with a knife a gun a 2 by 4 or a fist

A total falsehood.

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

gun murder, down 49%

gun crime down 75%

violent crime down 72%

So how many are there ?
You never do. Tell.
Just blab we are down.
You never do that

I believe that ship has already sailed. A good quality cite has been given that says that you are just making crap up again. Wait at least a month before you start doing that again. Don't make it so easy. Make us all work for a response.

United Kingdom vs United States: Crime Facts and Stats

Please define what a "good" web site is

A total falsehood.

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

gun murder, down 49%

gun crime down 75%

violent crime down 72%

So how many are there ?
You never do. Tell.
Just blab we are down.
You never do that

Interesting statistics. It does clearly show that you are more likely to be murdered by a gun in the united states by 4 times the amount than in england. But it does show why. It appears that Britain is chemically wasted more than in the US so I guess they just don't care enough to murder each other as much. But they do care enough to break and enter to gain enough booty to buy more drugs. And while they are there, help themselves more to the women folk. Both places are listed way up on the bad boy list way too often.

gun murder, down 49%

gun crime down 75%

violent crime down 72%

So how many are there ?
You never do. Tell.
Just blab we are down.
You never do that

Interesting statistics. It does clearly show that you are more likely to be murdered by a gun in the united states by 4 times the amount than in england. But it does show why. It appears that Britain is chemically wasted more than in the US so I guess they just don't care enough to murder each other as much. But they do care enough to break and enter to gain enough booty to buy more drugs. And while they are there, help themselves more to the women folk. Both places are listed way up on the bad boy list way too often.

SO what?

70% of all murders take place in very small areas of the country

If you don't live in those places you are not much more likely to be murdered than you are anywhere in the UK

You people seem to be under the delusion that the murder rate is homogeneous across all areas of the US

Now can you tell me why NH has the lowest murder rate in the country despite having some of the laxest gun laws in the country?

United Kingdom homicide rate: 1.2 per 100,000

United States homicide rate: 5.35 per 100,000

We're more than four times better at it because we have more guns.

And yet the gun nutters want us to have more guns in inexperienced hands. Talk about the Darwin Affect.
A total falsehood.

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

gun murder, down 49%

gun crime down 75%

violent crime down 72%

So how many are there ?
You never do. Tell.
Just blab we are down.
You never do that

Really? I state all the time that we had 11,004 gun murders in 2016, the last date for the FBI statisitcs...still waiting for 2017.....

of those 11,004 gun murders, 70-80% of them were committed against criminals by other criminals....

At the other end of the spectrum, Americans use their legal guns 2.4 million times a year to stop violent criminals from committing rape, robbery and murder...according to the CDC, the Department of Justice put that number at 1.5 million times a year...

Can you tell which number is bigger?

Violent crime is rape, robbery and murder, Which I also state all the time......you are an idiot.

Simple facts.

No...democrats in America are 40 times better at gun murder than in Britain...you keep leaving that fact out...the majority....let's just be honest, almost all gun murder takes place in areas controlled by the democrat party......and you don't care...

Maybe if we ban democrats we could end gun violence in this country.

Analysis | The surprising way gun violence is dividing America

In the most Democratic regions, gun violence is more often committed against another, crimes that probably generate more news coverage and fear. In the most Republican areas, it is more often committed against oneself, suicides that may not attract as much attention.

------

As the below charts show, Democratic areas (measured by the party that controls the congressional district) are far more likely to experience almost all forms of malicious gun violence than Republican areas.
Might help if you knew the difference between a noun and an adjective.
It's laughable.
Are you really suggesting England has more murders?

Nope....I am telling you that British criminals didn't commit murder as often when law abiding Brits were allowed to own guns...and that banning and confiscating guns hasn't changed their gun murder rate....their gun crime rate? Is up 42% in London alone...23% across England and Wales just last year......

In a country that banned guns.....our rates went down 49% for gun murder 75% for gun crime and 72% for violent crime......

Explain that.

No...you haven't....they have never been able to prove Lott wrong, and in fact have been caught making up data to lie about his findings.....

Cught my whome, when, how? Be specific. So far, yoou have had your ass handed to you. I know your routine. If you can't win with facts, discredit the person. The only discrediting around here is you. Keep going. it's entertaining in a very sad way.

Drinking this early in the day is bad for you....you really need to get help....

Sorry, but my eyesight on a small screen is bad. The larger screen I use was in use. I need a scope these days to shoot long distances so I guess it averages out. You young stupid people will get your turn in this barrel some day so enjoy it while you can.

Yes, another case of, "If you can't use facts to win, discredit the person" comes to mind. And that is the time when you need to cut your losses and just.......
What FACTS have you used? None when you do link to facts they support our side and you are to stupid to know it. You make claims with absolutely no facts to back them up. I have the federal Government to back my claims.

Which I used as well to debunk what you say they proved. You can't just cherry pick and grab the parts that, if taken out of context, sounds like it agrees with you. You take the whole thing or none of it. Now, where are those facts you claim that backs you up so we can take another look at them. Your blanket statement without proof only shows that you are making unsubstantiated claims. But I am willing to once again look at your backup information.
Your cite did NOT debunk our claims they bolster it. Your link CLEARLY shows firearm related crimes and accidents DOWN not up like you claim more firearms would cause. Further US Government statistics available to all with a computer clearly show the same while showing that 49 percent of households have firearms and that we have anywhere from 400 to 600 million firearms in private hands.

A total falsehood.

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

gun murder, down 49%

gun crime down 75%

violent crime down 72%

So how many are there ?
You never do. Tell.
Just blab we are down.
You never do that

Really? I state all the time that we had 11,004 gun murders in 2016, the last date for the FBI statisitcs...still waiting for 2017.....

of those 11,004 gun murders, 70-80% of them were committed against criminals by other criminals....

At the other end of the spectrum, Americans use their legal guns 2.4 million times a year to stop violent criminals from committing rape, robbery and murder...according to the CDC, the Department of Justice put that number at 1.5 million times a year...

Violent crime is rape, robbery and murder, Which I also state all the time......you are an idiot.

Simple facts.

No...democrats in America are 40 times better at gun murder than in Britain...you keep leaving that fact out...the majority....let's just be honest, almost all gun murder takes place in areas controlled by the democrat party......and you don't care...

In the most Democratic regions, gun violence is more often committed against another, crimes that probably generate more news coverage and fear. In the most Republican areas, it is more often committed against oneself, suicides that may not attract as much attention.

------

As the below charts show, Democratic areas (measured by the party that controls the congressional district) are far more likely to experience almost all forms of malicious gun violence than Republican areas.
It's laughable.

Nope....I am telling you that British criminals didn't commit murder as often when law abiding Brits were allowed to own guns...and that banning and confiscating guns hasn't changed their gun murder rate....their gun crime rate? Is up 42% in London alone...23% across England and Wales just last year......

In a country that banned guns.....our rates went down 49% for gun murder 75% for gun crime and 72% for violent crime......

Explain that.

The al Capone era?
The turn of the C was a violent time.
We have a bit more education now, you included I hope
Do you seriously believe we are safer here than in the uk or Oz?
They laugh at our paranoia
Here's some more numbers you can quote to fit your made up mind

Simple facts.

------

It's laughable.

Explain that.

There are more than one reason genius.
You are fixated on guns.
The 20s were. Violent, nothing to do with guns.
Are you seriously suggesting we are safer here than in the uk and oz.?
2 countries you have never lived in I bet
If you want some numbers you can fit to your indoctrinated beliefs...
Oh now I see it's the DEMS/uppity nixes fault.
Maybe we should ban blacks to follow your argument

A total falsehood.

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

gun murder, down 49%

gun crime down 75%

violent crime down 72%

So how many are there ?
You never do. Tell.
Just blab we are down.
You never do that

Simple facts.

------

It's laughable.

Explain that.

The al Capone era?

Simple facts.

------

It's laughable.

Explain that.

You are fixated on guns.
The vast majority of the violent crime in this country is in Progressive controlled urban areas... With extremely strict gun control laws

A total falsehood.

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

gun murder, down 49%

gun crime down 75%

violent crime down 72%

So how many are there ?
You never do. Tell.
Just blab we are down.
You never do that

Simple facts.

------

It's laughable.

Explain that.

The al Capone era?

Simple facts.

------

It's laughable.

Explain that.

You are fixated on guns.
The vast majority of the violent crime in this country is in Progressive controlled urban areas... With extremely strict gun control laws
Yup,like Chicago where you can walk 10 blocks and buy one

Simple facts.

------

It's laughable.

Explain that.
Here's some more data you can enjoy from the safety of your doublewide
The research is clear: gun control saves lives
Think oz is more dangerous now?

gun murder, down 49%

gun crime down 75%

violent crime down 72%

So how many are there ?
You never do. Tell.
Just blab we are down.
You never do that

------

It's laughable.

Explain that.

The al Capone era?

------

It's laughable.

Explain that.

You are fixated on guns.
People kill people not firearms

Simple facts.

------

It's laughable.

Explain that.

Yeah....you don't know what you are talking about...

Australia’s 1996 Gun Confiscation Didn’t Work | National Review

University of Melbourne researchers Wang-Sheng Lee and Sandy Suardi concluded their 2008 report on the matter with the statement, “There is little evidence to suggest that [the Australian mandatory gun-buyback program] had any significant effects on firearm homicides.”

“Although gun buybacks appear to be a logical and sensible policy that helps to placate the public’s fears,” the reported continued, “the evidence so far suggests that in the Australian context, the high expenditure incurred to fund the 1996 gun buyback has not translated into any tangible reductions in terms of firearm deaths.”

A 2007 report, “Gun Laws and Sudden Death: Did the Australian Firearms Legislation of 1996 Make a Difference?” by Jeanine Baker and Samara McPhedran similarly concluded that the buyback program did not have a significant long-term effect on the Australian homicide rate.

The Australian gun-homicide rate had already been quite low and had been steadily falling in the 15 years prior to the Port Arthur massacre. And while the mandatory buyback program did appear to reduce the rate of accidental firearm deaths, Baker and McPhedran found that “the gun buy-back and restrictive legislative changes had no influence on firearm homicide in Australia.”

=======

2007 report..

http://c3.nrostatic.com/sites/default/files/Baker and McPhedran 2007.pdf

Conclusions Examination of the long-term trends indicated that the only category of sudden death that may have been influenced by the introduction of the NFA was firearm suicide
------

However, this effect must be considered in light of the findings for suicide (non-firearm). Homicide patterns (firearm and non-firearm) were not influenced by the NFA, the conclusion being that the gun buy-back and restrictive legislative changes had no influence on firearm homicide in Australia. The introduction of the NFA appeared to have a negative effect on accidental firearm death. However, over the time period investigated, there was a relatively small number of accidental deaths per annum, with substantial variability. Any conclusions regarding the effect of the NFA on accidental firearm death should be approached with caution
=========

2008 report...

http://c8.nrostatic.com/sites/default/files/Lee and Suardi 2008.pdf

In this paper, we re-analyze the same data on firearm deaths used in previous research, using tests for unknown structural breaks as a means to identifying impacts of the NFA. The results of these tests suggest that the NFA did not have any large effects on reducing firearm homicide or suicide rates.
-------

6. Conclusion

This paper takes a closer look at the effects of the National Firearms Agreement on gun deaths. Using a battery of structural break tests, there is little evidence to suggest that it had any significant effects on firearm homicides and suicides. In addition, there also does not appear to be any substitution effects – that reduced access to firearms may have led those bent on committing homicide or suicide to use alternative methods.

Simple facts.

------

It's laughable.

Explain that.

And more truth for you.....

Australia...

Gun city: Young, dumb and armed

The notion that a military-grade weapon could be in the hands of local criminals is shocking, but police have already seized at least five machine guns and assault rifles in the past 18 months. The AK-47 was not among them.

Only a fortnight ago, law enforcement authorities announced they were hunting another seven assault rifles recently smuggled into the country. Weapons from the shipment have been used in armed robberies and drive-by shootings.

These are just a handful of the thousands of illicit guns fuelling a wave of violent crime in the world’s most liveable city.

----

Despite Australia’s strict gun control regime, criminals are now better armed than at any time since then-Prime Minister John Howard introduced a nationwide firearm buyback scheme in response to the 1996 Port Arthur massacre.

Shootings have become almost a weekly occurrence, with more than 125 people, mostly young men, wounded in the past five year

-----------

While the body count was higher during Melbourne’s ‘Underbelly War’ (1999-2005), more people have been seriously maimed in the recent spate of shootings and reprisals.

Crimes associated with firearm possession have also more than doubled, driven by the easy availability of handguns, semi-automatic rifles, shotguns and, increasingly, machine guns, that are smuggled into the country or stolen from licensed owners.

-------------

These weapons have been used in dozens of recent drive-by shootings of homes and businesses, as well as targeted and random attacks in parks, shopping centres and roads.

“They’re young, dumb and armed,” said one former underworld associate, who survived a shooting attempt in the western suburbs several years ago.

“It used to be that if you were involved in something bad you might have to worry about [being shot]. Now people get shot over nothing - unprovoked.”

------------

Gun crime soars
In this series, Fairfax Media looks at Melbourne’s gun problem and the new breed of criminals behind the escalating violence.

The investigation has found:

• There have been at least 99 shootings in the past 20 months - more than one incident a week since January 2015
  • Known criminals were caught with firearms 755 times last year, compared to 143 times in 2011
  • The epicentre of the problem is a triangle between Coolaroo, Campbellfield and Glenroy in the north-west, with Cranbourne, Narre Warren and Dandenong in the south-east close behind
  • Criminals are using gunshot wounds to the arms and legs as warnings to pay debts
  • Assault rifles and handguns are being smuggled into Australia via shipments of electronics and metal parts
In response to the violence, it can be revealed the state government is planning to introduce new criminal offences for drive-by shootings, manufacturing of firearms with new technologies such as 3D printers, and more police powers to keep weapons out of the hands of known criminals.
============
The second part of the series....
Gun city: Gunslingers of the North West

========================
'Thousands' of illegal guns tipped to be handed over in firearms amnesty

Asked roughly how many he expected to be handed in, Mr Keenan said: "Look I certainly think the number will be in the thousands."

The Australian Crime Commission estimated in 2012 there were at least 250,000 illegal guns in Australia. But a Senate report noted last year it was impossible to estimate how many illicit weapons are out there.

And despite Australia's strict border controls, the smuggling of high-powered military-style firearms is also a growing problem.

Simple facts.

------

It's laughable.

Explain that.

And more...

Australia’s Gun 'Buyback' Created a Violent Firearms Black Market. Why Should the U.S. Do the Same?

Just days ago, Australia's Peter Dutton, Minister for Immigration and Border Protection, and Michael Keenan, Minister for Justice, held a joint press conference to announce "We don't tolerate gun smuggling in Australia and we know Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs are engaged in it. We have been keen to send the strongest possible message from Canberra that we're not going to tolerate people smuggling in guns or smuggling in gun parts. You'd appreciate that even one smuggled gun can do an enormous amount of damage."

When politicians announce that they don't tolerate something, it's a fair bet that the something is completely out of hand.

"Police admit they cannot eradicate a black market that is peddling illegal guns to criminals," the Adelaide Advertiser concededa few years ago. "Motorcycle gang members and convicted criminals barred from buying guns in South Australia have no difficulty obtaining illegal firearms - including fully automatic weapons."

More recently, the country's The New Daily gained access to "previously unpublished data for firearms offences" and reporteda surge in crime "including a massive 83 per cent increase in firearms offences in NSW between 2005/06 and 2014/15, and an even bigger jump in Victoria over the same period."

"Australians may be more at risk from gun crime than ever before with the country's underground market for firearms ballooning in the past decade," the report added. "[T]he national ban on semi-automatic weapons following the Port Arthur massacre had spawned criminal demand for handguns."

Much as the Mafia and other organized criminal outfits rose to power, wealth, and prominence by supplying illegal liquor during Prohibition in the United States, outlaw motorcycle gangs in Australia appear to be building international connections and making money by supplying guns to willing buyers.

Simple facts.

------

It's laughable.

Explain that.

Also.....

Does Gun Control Reduce Murder? Let’s Run The Numbers Globally

Australia has almost twice as many guns per capita as the United Kingdom, for example, and a comparable murder rate. New Zealand has almost twice as many guns per capita as Australia but a lower crime rate.

So how many are there ?
You never do. Tell.
Just blab we are down.
You never do that

It's laughable.

Explain that.

The al Capone era?
It's laughable.

Explain that.

You are fixated on guns.
People kill people not firearms

No, people with firearms kill people

A total falsehood.

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

gun murder, down 49%

gun crime down 75%

violent crime down 72%

So how many are there ?
You never do. Tell.
Just blab we are down.
You never do that

Simple facts.

------

It's laughable.

Explain that.

The al Capone era?

Simple facts.

------

It's laughable.

Explain that.

You are fixated on guns.

We quote to agree with our made up minds
"Even though cities have higher rates of crime and murder, a new study finds that overall, urban areas are safer than the sticks. However, that counterintuitive conclusion doesn't fit Philadelphia. The City of Brotherly Love turns out to be about as risky as rural areas, largely because of car accidents.Jul 24, 2013"

Better move to philly

Forum List

Back