Because of no right to own firearms...

And yet gun owners, legal ones, are not ending petty arguments with guns...... you are throwing that out with no basis in the truth....

People who commit murder, with guns or without, are not normal people who kill in the heat of an argument....90% of them have long histories of crime and violence going back to their teenage years and have at least one felony.... the others are violent but likely escaped being arrested by chance...

JURIST - The Criminology of Firearms

In 2004, the National Academy of Sciences reviewed 253 journal articles, 99 books, 43 government publications and some empirical research of its own about guns. The Academy could not identify any gun restriction that had reduced violent crime, suicide or gun accidents.

Why don't gun bans work? Because they rely on voluntary compliance by gun-using criminals. Prohibitionists never see this absurdity because they deceive themselves into thinking that, as Katherine Christoffel has said: "[M]ost shootings are not committed by felons or mentally ill people, but are acts of passion that are committed using a handgun that is owned for home protection."

Christoffel, et al., are utterly wrong. The whole corpus of criminological research dating back to the 1890'sshows murderers "almost uniformly have a long history of involvement in criminal behavior," and that "[v]irtually all" murderers and other gun criminals have prior felony records — generally long ones.

While only 15 percent of Americans have criminal records, roughly 90 percent of adult murderers have prior adult records — exclusive of their often extensive juvenile records — with crime careers of six or more adult years including four major felonies. Gerald D. Robin, writing for the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences,notes that, unlike ordinary gun owners, "the average murderer turns out to be no less hardened a criminal than the average robber or burglar."
FirearmFacts.png
Lowest rate since al Capone.
I feel safer now.
Such stupidity

It's not my job to make you feel safe

If it has been your job to make us feel unsafe, you have done a remarkable job. Lately, though, you have fallen down on that job as more and more people are no longer falling for the fear factor you keep peddling.
'
'

If you feel unsafe that's your problem and none of my doing

And it's you people that are selling fear that anyone who owns a gun will one day snap and go on a shooting spree

I have never said a gun is anything but a tool. A gun has no mysterious powers to make people kill others or commit suicide

The fact is in this country the cops have no obligation to come to your aid so you have to decide if you want the option to protect yourself or wait for the government to come to your aid.

I have also been quite clear on my stance on concealed carry.

My weapon is for self defense and the defense of my wife not defense of the public.

If you choose not to be armed I respect that choice hence I will not draw my weapon to defend anyone who chooses not to carry because it is your choice to trust government law enforcement with your personal safety. I will call the cops and an ambulance for you and hope your choice will not see you end up dead

Just out of interest how many times have you defended your wife.?
Or is it the green dye joke?
Guy throwing green dye in the Arctic
"What are you doing?"
Keeping sharks away
"There are no sharks here"
Works doesn't it?
You must live in a dangerous place, no one I know has a gun and they strangely are still alive.
Never know though.
Better to be afraid, very afraid

Gee gun crimes down when gun ownership rises

And suicide is a red herring and completely irrelevant to the gun issue because anyone can commit suicide without a gun.
But they tend not too.
Gun suicides are by far the most commen

No, SUCCESSFUL Gun suicides are by far the most common.

are you also so naive as to think that if a person can't get a gun that he will not commit suicide?

Suicide is a choice and we all know that you don't like people making their own choices
Whats hilarious is that he probably supports assisted suicide laws but here he is arguing suicide is a bad thing.
No, just saying more suicides are gun related than whatever, knives pills, hanging?
Actually must look up pills , they may be competitive

Suicide is a choice not a crime

and you cannot conclusively prove a person will not commit suicide if a gun is not available

It's just much easier to end a petty argument with a gun than all the other things you mentioned. Most of the ones you name take time and effort and can usually be stopped in time if there are others around with the will to stop it. But if you use a gun, it's fast and final and you can only be stopped after the fact.

And yet gun owners, legal ones, are not ending petty arguments with guns...... you are throwing that out with no basis in the truth....

People who commit murder, with guns or without, are not normal people who kill in the heat of an argument....90% of them have long histories of crime and violence going back to their teenage years and have at least one felony.... the others are violent but likely escaped being arrested by chance...

In 2004, the National Academy of Sciences reviewed 253 journal articles, 99 books, 43 government publications and some empirical research of its own about guns. The Academy could not identify any gun restriction that had reduced violent crime, suicide or gun accidents.

Why don't gun bans work? Because they rely on voluntary compliance by gun-using criminals. Prohibitionists never see this absurdity because they deceive themselves into thinking that, as Katherine Christoffel has said: "[M]ost shootings are not committed by felons or mentally ill people, but are acts of passion that are committed using a handgun that is owned for home protection."

Christoffel, et al., are utterly wrong. The whole corpus of criminological research dating back to the 1890'sshows murderers "almost uniformly have a long history of involvement in criminal behavior," and that "[v]irtually all" murderers and other gun criminals have prior felony records — generally long ones.

While only 15 percent of Americans have criminal records, roughly 90 percent of adult murderers have prior adult records — exclusive of their often extensive juvenile records — with crime careers of six or more adult years including four major felonies. Gerald D. Robin, writing for the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences,notes that, unlike ordinary gun owners, "the average murderer turns out to be no less hardened a criminal than the average robber or burglar."
FirearmFacts.png

And suicide is a red herring and completely irrelevant to the gun issue because anyone can commit suicide without a gun.
But they tend not too.

Yes....and in Japan, China, and Korea, where they have extreme gun control...only cops and criminals can have guns....their suicide rate is higher than ours....

Guns are not the cause of suicide....

Fact Check, Gun Control and Suicide

There is no relation between suicide rate and gun ownership rates around the world. According to the 2016 World Health Statistics report, (2) suicide rates in the four countries cited as having restrictive gun control laws have suicide rates that are comparable to that in the U. S.: Australia, 11.6, Canada, 11.4, France, 15.8, UK, 7.0, and USA 13.7 suicides/100,000. By comparison, Japan has among the highest suicide rates in the world, 23.1/100,000, but gun ownership is extremely rare, 0.6 guns/100 people.

Suicide is a mental health issue. If guns are not available other means are used. Poisoning, in fact, is the most common method of suicide for U. S. females according to the Washington Post (34 % of suicides), and suffocation the second most common method for males (27%).

Secondly, gun ownership rates in France and Canada are not low, as is implied in the Post article. The rate of gun ownership in the U. S. is indeed high at 88.8 guns/100 residents, but gun ownership rates are also among the world’s highest in the other countries cited. Gun ownership rates in these countries are are as follows: Australia, 15, Canada, 30.8, France, 31.2, and UK 6.2 per 100 residents. (3,4) Gun ownership rates in Saudia Arabia are comparable to that in Canada and France, with 37.8 guns per 100 Saudi residents, yet the lowest suicide rate in the world is in Saudia Arabia (0.3 suicides per 100,000).

Third, recent statistics in the state of Florida show that nearly one third of the guns used in suicides are obtained illegally, putting these firearm deaths beyond control through gun laws.(5)

Fourth, the primary factors affecting suicide rates are personal stresses, cultural, economic, religious factors and demographics. According to the WHO statistics, the highest rates of suicide in the world are in the Republic of Korea, with 36.8 suicides per 100,000, but India, Japan, Russia, and Hungary all have rates above 20 per 100,000; roughly twice as high as the U.S. and the four countries that are the basis for the Post’s calculation that gun control would reduce U.S. suicide rates by 20 to 38 percent. Lebanon, Oman, and Iraq all have suicide rates below 1.1 per 100,000 people--less than 1/10 the suicide rate in the U. S., and Afghanistan, Algeria, Jamaica, Haiti, and Egypt have low suicide rates that are below 4 per 100,000 in contrast to 13.7 suicides/100,000 in the U. S.
So what, searching for gun support?
I thought we were talking USA.
Suicides are high in Scandi, no sunlight in winter.
It's a bit more complicated when comparing different populations

But they tend not too.

are you also so naive as to think that if a person can't get a gun that he will not commit suicide?

Suicide is a choice and we all know that you don't like people making their own choices
Whats hilarious is that he probably supports assisted suicide laws but here he is arguing suicide is a bad thing.
No, just saying more suicides are gun related than whatever, knives pills, hanging?

and you cannot conclusively prove a person will not commit suicide if a gun is not available

But don't you think it's a tad more likely?
Like saying a 3 year old wouldn't blast his sibling if a gun wasn't lying around

I feel safer now.
Such stupidity

If it has been your job to make us feel unsafe, you have done a remarkable job. Lately, though, you have fallen down on that job as more and more people are no longer falling for the fear factor you keep peddling.
'
'

And it's you people that are selling fear that anyone who owns a gun will one day snap and go on a shooting spree

I have never said a gun is anything but a tool. A gun has no mysterious powers to make people kill others or commit suicide

The fact is in this country the cops have no obligation to come to your aid so you have to decide if you want the option to protect yourself or wait for the government to come to your aid.

My weapon is for self defense and the defense of my wife not defense of the public.

If you choose not to be armed I respect that choice hence I will not draw my weapon to defend anyone who chooses not to carry because it is your choice to trust government law enforcement with your personal safety. I will call the cops and an ambulance for you and hope your choice will not see you end up dead

"What are you doing?"
Keeping sharks away
Works doesn't it?
You must live in a dangerous place, no one I know has a gun and they strangely are still alive.
Never know though.

It only takes one time doesn't it?

And not that it's any of your business but I live in a semi rural town with a crime rate of virtually zero
I wonder if it's because gun ownership happens to be very high where I live.

I'm sure the doctor who lived in a very affluent suburb in my state never thought his home would be invaded or that he would be beaten to within an inch of his life or that his wife and daughters would be brutally raped then burned alive.

There is real violence in this world. Denying that is criminal naivete.

But that said you should agree with my concealed carry philosophy.

But don't you think it's a tad more likely?
Like saying a 3 year old wouldn't blast his sibling if a gun wasn't lying around

Suicide is not more likely if a person owns a gun.

Guns do not cause people to commit suicde

I feel safer now.
Such stupidity

'
'

"What are you doing?"
Keeping sharks away
Works doesn't it?
Never know though.
Well I conceal carry and have ever since an incident in my late teens. Do I expect to ever have to use my ccf... no, but 'lightning' can and sometimes does strike twice...

Suicide is not more likely if a person owns a gun.

Guns do not cause people to commit suicide

As evidenced by Japan which has a very high suicide rate. They use a lot of creative means instead of guns. In the U.S. we lump suicides in with our "gun violence" stats to artificially inflate them.

FirearmFacts.png

But they tend not too.

And Countries with No firearms prove that suicides happen in large numbers even with out them.

Perfect example
"If you are not smart enough to get a real job, join the military. Great commie benefits"

FirearmFacts.png
I feel safer now.
Such stupidity

'
'

Oh, how Gorebels of you.

But they tend not too.

And Countries with No firearms prove that suicides happen in large numbers even with out them.

Perfect example
"If you are not smart enough to get a real job, join the military. Great commie benefits"

Watch it, Coward. I am retired Military. And I was smart enough to retire and open a successful National Business that I also retired from later on. How are YOU doing there, snowflake. I know I am doing at least as good as the cupcakes that I joust with.

I feel safer now.
Such stupidity

'
'

"What are you doing?"
Keeping sharks away
Works doesn't it?
Never know though.
Well I conceal carry and have ever since an incident in my late teens. Do I expect to ever have to use my ccf... no, but 'lightning' can and sometimes does strike twice...

Or even once. Lightning is funny that way. But I have carried but only on extreme conditions. Like in the Military and a few dangerous trips as a civilian. Otherwise, I stay out of the areas that lightning frequents at a higher rate than normal. What I do is advocate the spending of the funds to police those areas that have the highest "Lightning" strikes. It really boils down to, do you want lower taxes or a safe place to live. I choose the latter.

But they tend not too.

Perfect example

Watch it, Coward. I am retired Military. And I was smart enough to retire and open a successful National Business that I also retired from later on. How are YOU doing there, snowflake. I know I am doing at least as good as the cupcakes that I joust with.

Coward? I thought it was your hero who got 5 deferments.
So we sucked off the military, got the benefits and then left?
Do list your hand to hand experiences
Sucking off your commie SS Medicare I assume.
You do know the original snowflakes?
Pro slavery white boys?
Oh, you do?

Never know though.

I'm not afraid of my house burning down yet I own fire extinguishers, and carry home owners' insurance. I am not afraid of getting into a car accident, but carry auto insurance. I live in a very safe area, and don't fear home invasions, but have a security system, dog, and other means in which to defend myself. I sleep very well at night without any fear.

But they tend not too.

i support, regulating well, slackers of the unorganized militia, until they Only understand Order, not Chaos.

But they tend not too.

Perfect example

Coward? I thought it was your hero who got 5 deferments.
So we sucked off the military, got the benefits and then left?
Do list your hand to hand experiences
Sucking off your commie SS Medicare I assume.
You do know the original snowflakes?
Pro slavery white boys?
Oh, you do?

Until your last 2 posts, you had my tacid support. Not any more. You are just a vile little creature that attacks anyone that comes near you. I also am on SS and Medicare as well as Tricare and Military Retirement. And I have a pension on top of that. I helped to pay the price so you could be so stupid. I wonder if it was really worth it at times.

But they tend not too.

Perfect example

Thank you for your service, we may disagree on this issue but thanks are in order for serving in the Military.

I feel safer now.
Such stupidity

'
'

Oh, how Gorebels of you.

Hey I'm not a cop and I don't want to be a cop

What's the matter anyway you don't like it when I respect your choices?

But they tend not too.

Perfect example

Thank you for your service, we may disagree on this issue but thanks are in order for serving in the Military.

This may sound strange but I don't think thanks is necessary. I am thankful that I was given the right to serve. Without the Sillyvillians there wouldn't be any point to any of it. Every time someone says what they believe in it's a testimony that I did my job. I don't have to agree with them. But I do agree they have the right to say it. Even the sniveling twit has the right to say what he does.

I hope you notice that I have seperated the snowflakes from the cupcakes (yes, you would be a cupcake). This is because the majority of us somewhat agree with both groups but disdain the tactics used by both sides. Each side just looks at the small picture while the majority looks at the whole picture. I think I have proven that the majority want common sense gun regulations while one side wants no regulation at all and the other wants total gun banning. The problems when either side gets their way are just too great. The side that wants all guns banned ends up with a Hitler 1938 type of environment while the other side that wants no gun regulation ends up with the Middle East. I've experienced both and trust me, you don't want either one. So we try and find a happy medium that takes care of the more dangerous moments and sort of live through the ones that aren't as pressing.

Suicide is one that we can't stop. But we don't want to make it so damned easy either. There are thousands of suicide attempt tries every month in the US that fail due to poor planning or just stupidity or they weren't that serious about it the first place. The number of suicide attempts that failed because the person wanted it to be thwarted isn't in any records for us to view. But there are quite a few of them. The problem is, the Gun usually is the final verdict. No mistakes, no last minute reprieves. Just bang it's done. If they aren't successful, they didn't really want to be in the first place. WE do have a lot more teens trying to commit suicide these days than before. Let's take that one tool away from them. Make the lazy bastards that are bent on a successful suicide work for it.

I feel safer now.
Such stupidity

'
'

Oh, how Gorebels of you.

Hey I'm not a cop and I don't want to be a cop

What's the matter anyway you don't like it when I respect your choices?

Well, Cupcake, you have already shown you have no respect for my opinion or me, for that matter. I think that a couple here know the answer that I would give but I want to hear your answer. Have you EVER killed anyone? If so, how did that make you feel? Expand on the answer. I have a album in my head I sometimes review at night.

Forum List

Back