Become Invisible For $100

DARPA has been working on one for our combat troops that does the same thing -makes them invisible. Except the DARPA project is a jumpsuit with thousands of electronic sensors that take the place of optics, that project onto thousands of tiny screens on the front of the suit, whatever is behind the suit. Same concept as the little cloaking device you cite, just a different technological expedient for getting the same result. Fascinating stuff.

Ohhhh, am I ever gonna have fun peekin' into the windows of some celebrities in Hollywood now!!! :badgrin:

This work may just be an ingenious application of a well known principle of optics design. Most good lenses used in photography have variable diaphrams placed somewhere between the optical elements. When you take a picture the lens's aperture or diaphram is "invisible" in that it doesn't show up in the image. Only the scene that lays in front of the first lens appears in the image that is focussed on the film or digital sensor.

Think of all the ways this device will be able to be used for criminal purposes, like

1. blackmail and extortion schemes — on idiots who didn't know you had spied on the activities of their innermost sanctums;
  2. racetrack and big-sporting-event (i.e. boxing) betting — having gotten the inside scoops on who's fixed to win the races/ fights;
  3. peeping tom stuff (kinda a branch of #1, really);
  4. insider trading on Wall Street — if you can just sneak through open doors into the meetings of the executives before the NYSE begins its day;
  5. stealing cheeseburgers from your neighborhood McDonald's and White Castle's franchises.

'Bout all I got, for now. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

There's a better method utilizing LEDs to depict whatever's behind the cloaked person or object to the front of the cloak.

invisibility-cloak.jpg

Think of all the ways this device will be able to be used for criminal purposes, like

1. blackmail and extortion schemes — on idiots who didn't know you had spied on the activities of their innermost sanctums;
  2. racetrack and big-sporting-event (i.e. boxing) betting — having gotten the inside scoops on who's fixed to win the races/ fights;
  3. peeping tom stuff (kinda a branch of #1, really);
  4. insider trading on Wall Street — if you can just sneak through open doors into the meetings of the executives before the NYSE begins its day;
  5. stealing cheeseburgers from your neighborhood McDonald's and White Castle's franchises.

'Bout all I got, for now. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Eh -- I don't think you'll get past the Number One. And three.

Cloaking device can hide just about anything. Imagine the potential, both good and bad.

New invisibility cloak device can hide almost anything Fox News

Can it make "racist demographics" invisible?
Maybe that's what Bush Sr. used when he was on the Grassy Knoll.

Maybe that's what you used to pretend I ever said anything like that.

Naah, I'm kidding. Yer just fuckin' stoopid.
It's in the link, dickhead. PS, don't forget to send me a neg. :lol:

Cloaking device can hide just about anything. Imagine the potential, both good and bad.

New invisibility cloak device can hide almost anything Fox News

Can it make "racist demographics" invisible?
Maybe that's what Bush Sr. used when he was on the Grassy Knoll.

Maybe that's what you used to pretend I ever said anything like that.

Naah, I'm kidding. Yer just fuckin' stoopid.
It's in the link, dickhead. PS, don't forget to send me a neg. :lol:

Uh -- no, I'm afraid it isn't.
I understand the reading comprehension class was overbooked?

Forum List

Back