Before 1860 secession was considered to be constitutional

That agreement ends when they secede. Furthermore, there was no law against secession, so your argument is void.

lol, that's like saying if I declare I've seceded from my township, I no longer have to pay town taxes.

It's a ridiculous circular argument you're making.

Why shouldn't you be able to secede from your township?

Because we are a nation of laws, not a nation of three hundred million kings and queens.

How does that change the fact mentioned above?

The document we call the Constitution is, in fact, a compact with a constitution. The preamble is a compact which forms a political body, the United States, when it says "we the people of the United States." It is establishes their sovereignty. As sovereign, the United States is theirs to maintain or abrogate. The power does not belong with the States. The States exist at the pleasure of the People.

The states approved the Constitution. As the creators of the pact, they are free to dissolve it whenever they wish. They idea of a contract that you can't abrogate is inimical to every concept of law we accept.

The standard of law is not "whim" or "wish".

You've obviously never entered into any contract of any sort.

The issue was settled at Appamatox Court House. The United States is one nation. Indivisable.

And fools like you are traitors.

Right, it was "settled" with an iron fist, not with reason.

All you've said is that might makes right - the logic of the schoolyard bully and the dictator.

Despite your attempts at revisionist history, the South shot first. They started it, the North ended it.

I'm sure when they fired on Fort Sumpter, those were "reasonable" cannon balls being fired.

You're a professional dumbass.

tell us again why Virginia and Tennessee seceded?

Why are you against sensible forms of government? I think you simply don't like paying any taxes and resent authority telling you what you have to do.

You didn't answer the question, Fakey.

Because it is not a sensible question. If the laws are approved by We the People so that folks can secede from the township, then they can.

Because you don't like taxes and resent authority, you oppose sensible forms of government.

IOW shut up and do what you are told, or else

Komrad Starkiev has spoken

The notion that secession was constitutional was hardly universal.

Yes I have; please give my compliments to my friends in your State and say to them, that if a single drop of blood shall be shed there in opposition to the laws of the United States, I will hang the first man I can lay my hand on engaged in such treasonable conduct, upon the first tree I can reach.[67]

President Andrew Jackson(1830)

Nullification Crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sure they did.

Congress gets to make laws and stuff.

I know it's "icky" for folks like you..but that's the way it is..

:cool:

then you could easily show us the law that prevents secession

We showed you that at Appamotox Court House. But this time, if this insanity is tried again, it will only be a few thousand miscreants, and the proper response will be to hang them all as traitors.

In other words, you can't show any law that prevents secession. The libtard boot-licker credo is "do what we tell you and shut the fuck up or we'll kill you."

We showed you that at Appamotox Court House. But this time, if this insanity is tried again, it will only be a few thousand miscreants, and the proper response will be to hang them all as traitors.

In other words, you can't show any law that prevents secession. The libtard boot-licker credo is "do what we tell you and shut the fuck up or we'll kill you."

Andrew Jackson said the same thing and he was a Southerner and no liberal. Your lack of historical knowledge makes it laughable that you'd be calling anyone a "tard". :lol:

All you've said is that might makes right - the logic of the schoolyard bully and the dictator.

Despite your attempts at revisionist history, the South shot first. They started it, the North ended it.

I'm sure when they fired on Fort Sumpter, those were "reasonable" cannon balls being fired.

I don't think I told you the first time. Look it up if you want to. But for someone to bitch about being pounded into submission after their throwing throwing the first punch rings hollow.

A personal attack does not make for effective refutation. What did I write that was wrong?

Your "might makes right" theory of justice is wrong. If you don't know why, then I can't help you.

Wasn't it 'might' that enabled the very formation of the United States? Wasn't it force of arms by which independence was won?

If that 'theory' is wrong, in your judgment, then the United States never legitimately won its independence from Britain.

Very nicely put. I'm sure there will be all sorts of revisionist history spun by the nutjobs. But you framed the argument wonderfully.

So I guess the OWS protestors shouldn't have been forced to stop their protest? As I recall, the government moved in and forcibly ejected them. As I also recall, you were in your cheerleader outfit and had your pom-poms going during that "might makes right" demonstration of force.

Because like every other Confederate traitor, they wanted to have the right to enslave people.

So I guess the OWS protestors shouldn't have been forced to stop their protest? As I recall, the government moved in and forcibly ejected them. As I also recall, you were in your cheerleader outfit and had your pom-poms going during that "might makes right" demonstration of force.

You don't see him lamenting over Indians, Africans or basically anyone that had to submit to the heel of America.

But Confederates?

"Don't cry for me Argentina!"

:lol:

Because like every other Confederate traitor, they wanted to have the right to enslave people.

really

then why didn't they go out in the first round?

Your knowledge of history is pathetic

Last edited:

You don't see him lamenting over Indians, Africans or basically anyone that had to submit to the heel of America.

But Confederates?

this is coming from the same tolerant iib quoted in my signature

what fucking hypocrite

I don't think I told you the first time. Look it up if you want to. But for someone to bitch about being pounded into submission after their throwing throwing the first punch rings hollow.

how many dead Yankees did it take for this submission?

But Confederates?

what fucking hypocrite

You're right.

I am intolerant of Confederate Traitors who sought to enslave human beings.

You are.

Hence the rift.

really

then why didn't they go out in the first round?

Your knowledge of history is pathetic

What you are trying to do is play gotcha with some obscure bullshit that only matters to racists.

That's fine.

Doesn't work.

Pretty sure that in a great many southern states if they could vote on having slaves again, they would vote yes in a heart beat.

The government only moved in and ejected them after numerous complaints from local businesses and people who work in the area. Plus there had been numerous rapes, robberies and thefts as well as vandalism, shitting on police cars, public urination, etc., etc., etc..

Southerners weren't molesting anyone by seceding, you dumb asshole.

But Confederates?

what fucking hypocrite

You're right.

I am intolerant of Confederate Traitors who sought to enslave human beings.

You are.

Hence the rift.

Lincoln was the traitor. He's the one who made war on states of the union. He also flushed the Constitution down the toilet.

But Confederates?

what fucking hypocrite

Libs always show their true colors whenever the subject of secession comes up. They're a bunch of boot-licking fascists.

Forum List

Back