"Before face masks, Americans went to war against seat belts"

There is actually a fundamental difference here. Seatbelts have a minimal effect on those who are not the person wearing the seatbelt and their dependence.

The people refusing to wear masks are putting everyone--but especially medical professional--at risk of death or lifelong disability. They are acting with depraved indifference.
Thin the herd.

Natural Selection.

The worlds population needs to be cut in half. If you cannot survive the virus, nature has selected you to die.

Also, there's the whole lead poisoning thing. Wink wink nudge nudge.

Well, I guess we can trust that you won't go to the hospital if you catch it, right?
That depends.

if we are all forced to wear masks, and I catch it anyway, can we publicly execute you?

That would be unnatural selection.

There is actually a fundamental difference here. Seatbelts have a minimal effect on those who are not the person wearing the seatbelt and their dependence.

The people refusing to wear masks are putting everyone--but especially medical professional--at risk of death or lifelong disability. They are acting with depraved indifference.

There is really no evidence to prove that. It was only a few months ago where we were told wearing a mask isn't going to solve anything.

I do wear a mask because it was advised to me by my care givers. But it is my option as it should be with any American. Covid cases are up because we have more testing ability now, and because it's summer, more people are exposed to each other. However the death rate didn't grow.
The mask doesnt really protect you dim wit. Its more for protecting others around you by cutting down the distance the virus can travel from your mouth
so if you see someone without a mask just stay away from them,,,
problem solved,,,
Thats not always possible which is why they should be wearing a mask.
thats sounds like their problem not mine,,,
It will become your problem if youre around me. I had to set someone straight just the other day.
try it mother fucker,,,
Come see me without a mask.
I dontr seek out shit stain cowards like you,,,

I bet ANYTHING Trump was one of them who was against them, too, just like he is masks.

Before face masks, Americans went to war against seat belts
  • A small but vocal minority of people in the US are protesting face-mask mandates.
  • In the early 1980s, the public-safety battle was over seat belts. Most Americans didn't use them, and 65% opposed them being enforced by law.
  • "There was a libertarian streak among resistors," car-safety pioneer Ralph Nader told Business Insider. "They took the stance that 'you're not going to tie the American people up in seat belts.'"
  • More than 50 years after "Unsafe at Any Speed," Nader said, "We are a very hard society to change cognitively.""""

So let's take the politics out of this mask thing and get healthy again!
Protect yourself, protect your friends and take your tip from the scientists and docs!

Up until COVID it was illegal for adults to wear facemasks in public in my state :stir:

Seatbelts, motorcycle helmets, or masks all come down to costs and who pays for medical expenses incurred when insurance max's out. The cost of paying medical expenses for you or one person you give COVID to is usually hundreds of thousands of dollars and sometimes over a million. Just like seatbelts and helmets, society does not want to pay for people's negligence and irresponsibility.

There is really no evidence to prove that. It was only a few months ago where we were told wearing a mask isn't going to solve anything.

I do wear a mask because it was advised to me by my care givers. But it is my option as it should be with any American. Covid cases are up because we have more testing ability now, and because it's summer, more people are exposed to each other. However the death rate didn't grow.
The mask doesnt really protect you dim wit. Its more for protecting others around you by cutting down the distance the virus can travel from your mouth
so if you see someone without a mask just stay away from them,,,
problem solved,,,
Thats not always possible which is why they should be wearing a mask.
thats sounds like their problem not mine,,,
It will become your problem if youre around me. I had to set someone straight just the other day.
try it mother fucker,,,
Come see me without a mask.
I dontr seek out shit stain cowards like you,,,
If you truly want me to try it come see me.

I bet ANYTHING Trump was one of them who was against them, too, just like he is masks.

• A small but vocal minority of people in the US are protesting face-mask mandates.
  • In the early 1980s, the public-safety battle was over seat belts. Most Americans didn't use them, and 65% opposed them being enforced by law.
  • "There was a libertarian streak among resistors," car-safety pioneer Ralph Nader told Business Insider. "They took the stance that 'you're not going to tie the American people up in seat belts.'"
  • More than 50 years after "Unsafe at Any Speed," Nader said, "We are a very hard society to change cognitively.""""

Protect yourself, protect your friends and take your tip from the scientists and docs!

Up until COVID it was illegal for adults to wear facemasks in public in my state :stir:

Ironic, because every flu season it would save lives if sick people could be bothered to do so. That state should rethink that law.

Ironic, because every flu season it would save lives if sick people could be bothered to do so. That state should rethink that law.
I used to joke with my mother about wearing a mask before this hit. She hasnt caught the flu in 8 years.

the death rate has decreased because treatments have improved. Antibody therapy and corticosteroids have been saving lives. It isn't clear for how long though, because many of those who got seriously ill now have potentially long term lingering affects. So the final death toll attributable to this outbreak may not ever be fully tallied, or even known.

And no, cases are up mostly in the states that didn't get hit as hard by the first wave. Mostly in the Sun Belt.

1593796909530-png.358715

The massive expansion of sexual diseases. And the Progs promoting it.

The massive expansion of sexual diseases. And the Progs promoting it.
The progs are not the reason you have an STD. Your choice of partners and not forcing your lover to wear a condom is the reason.

What is a seat belt?

Driving a car is not a Constitutional right, you blithering idiot.
Nor is going to work or the store without a mask on you fucking retard.
No law has been passed in the house and signed into law requiring you to wear a mask. It's an edict that overrides personal freedom.

Driving a car is not a Constitutional right, you blithering idiot.
Nor is going to work or the store without a mask on you fucking retard.
No law has been passed in the house and signed into law requiring you to wear a mask. It's an edict that overrides personal freedom.
Not yet. You are not personally free to infect someone else with a potentially dangerous disease you fucking retard.

the death rate has decreased because treatments have improved. Antibody therapy and corticosteroids have been saving lives. It isn't clear for how long though, because many of those who got seriously ill now have potentially long term lingering affects. So the final death toll attributable to this outbreak may not ever be fully tallied, or even known.

And no, cases are up mostly in the states that didn't get hit as hard by the first wave. Mostly in the Sun Belt.

Cases are up in red and blue states all across the country. I believe much of that is because we have way more accessibility to testing now. It was estimated that some 30 percent or so of people who do have it are asymptomatic; something we could have never known three months ago. People who are not in that category had symptoms similar to a bad cold or mild flu, which in the past, few sought medical attention for.

What we do know is that deaths are pretty steady with some usual bouncing around. Yes, you can credit medication, but I think the bigger picture is that more cases and steady deaths is indicative that we just know about more people having it today.

Seatbelts, motorcycle helmets, or masks all come down to costs and who pays for medical expenses incurred when insurance max's out. The cost of paying medical expenses for you or one person you give COVID to is usually hundreds of thousands of dollars and sometimes over a million. Just like seatbelts and helmets, society does not want to pay for people's negligence and irresponsibility.

We've been paying for negligence and irresponsibility for generations now.

Forum List

Back