Before the election: Benghazi as well as IRS scandal, does BHO get elected?

It wouldn't have changed my vote.

Why do you support BHO?
really?
He is the worst leader we have had sense J Carter
the country is still in its biggest economic mess
His yearly defict is more in 2 years than the GOP and GWB had in 6, with 2 wars, 9-11, the recession (Clintons) Katrina. We created 8 million jobs until the dems took congress over.

I considered him the best choice of the two available. I considered McCain the best choice the first time he was elected and still do.

He is not the worst leader we have had. I'd say he has done a fairly good job overall, considering what he inherited. As to the deficit, I would point out what people seem to consistently forget. The budget is controled by the House of Representatives - not the President. If you have a problem with the deficit, I suggest you look to the people in charge of it.

*ahem*
The House has consistently proposed and passed a budget.
The Senate has consistently voted down not only the House's budget but even ones proposed by the POTUS

Now who shoulders the blame?

Nixon got impeached for events that where the same.

Not one shred of evidence has been produced implicating the President in any wrongdoing regarding Benghazi or the IRS issue.

How do you impeach someone with no evidence?

The public pays attention to what ever is in front of it. The regime was successful in persuading the media to keep all information about Obama's scandals hidden. Having kept this information from the people, the regime was able to pretend that the people just didn't care.

So Foxnews kept information from the people before the election in order to get Obama re-elected?

Why did they do that?

Why do you support BHO?
really?
His yearly defict is more in 2 years than the GOP and GWB had in 6, with 2 wars, 9-11, the recession (Clintons) Katrina. We created 8 million jobs until the dems took congress over.

I considered him the best choice of the two available. I considered McCain the best choice the first time he was elected and still do.

He is not the worst leader we have had. I'd say he has done a fairly good job overall, considering what he inherited. As to the deficit, I would point out what people seem to consistently forget. The budget is controled by the House of Representatives - not the President. If you have a problem with the deficit, I suggest you look to the people in charge of it.

*ahem*
The Senate has consistently voted down not only the House's budget but even ones proposed by the POTUS

I stand corrected. The Congress is responsible.

The public pays attention to what ever is in front of it. The regime was successful in persuading the media to keep all information about Obama's scandals hidden. Having kept this information from the people, the regime was able to pretend that the people just didn't care.

So true
the Jeep comment was actually true
so much made about that'but at the end of the day the base was bored with Romney
That is my point
the truth about Benghai and so on would have fired the base up

So true
the Jeep comment was actually true
so much made about that'but at the end of the day the base was bored with Romney
That is my point
the truth about Benghai and so on would have fired the base up

Mitt said ""I saw a story today, that one of the great manufacturers in this state, Jeep, now owned by the Italians, is thinking of moving all production to China,"

Earn him the lie of the year award.

Trying to use a foreign attack on Americans overseas and getting caught in a lie about it to boot caused many to question Romney as well.

Nixon got impeached for events that where the same. Covering up events that had a direct effect on an election that he had no part in conducting
The question is does these cover-ups re-elect BHO?
No doubt in my mind

The press was talking about Romney and the China/GM While ignoring the events of Benghazi and the IRS was being covered up.
BTW Romney was not lying

Nixon wasn’t impeached, he resigned to avoid impeachment (indictment) and a trial in the Senate.

The premise of your OP is a fallacy as you’re comparing two completely different events.

Watergate concerned not just a cover up but the president authorizing the use of campaign contributions solicited from voters by CREP to pay hush money to Watergate conspirators in the hope they’d not speak to investigators.

With Benghazi and the IRS there is no evidence of a ‘cover up.’

The notion that the press were ‘covering up’ for Obama is unsubstantiated partisan idiocy. The press weren’t ‘ignoring’ anything.

It’s been more than six months, way past time to get over last November.

Why do you support BHO?
really?

*ahem*

The house once the GOP gaijned control had passed budgets each year. the dems could not pass a budget when they had close to a super majority and BHO proposals have been voted down close o 100%
Romney was surronded by idiots
this should have been a huge point in the debates and in his commercials

BHO and the dems added 500 billion to GWB base-line
Factcheck states all of that defict in 2009 and sense is GWB and that it has went down under BHO

GWB baseline never grew from 2007 except for inflation. His portion of tarp we got back
we had a defict in 2007 (the last GOP budget) of 162 billion
in 2009 BHO added 500 billion and lost 500 billion in revenue from that same year (2007)

Now do you see why the Dems have not passed a budget in 4 years?

Whether or not obama could have gotten reelected if these scandals had become known isn't nearly as important as the fact that obama believed he wouldn't have been reelected if they had been known. That's why he hid them.

*ahem*

BHO has sent a budget to congress (it is his job) that as I recall has been voted down close to 100% by allin congress
the dems controlled it all in 09-10

whether or not obama could have gotten reelected if these scandals had become known isn't nearly as important as the fact that obama believed he wouldn't have been reelected if they had been known. That's why he hid them.

exactly

latest poll numbers suggest he would have lost

*ahem*

BHO has sent a budget to congress (it is his job) that as I recall has been voted down close to 100% by allin congress

Under the Constitution it isn't his job. It is the job of the Congress. It is custom that he sends a recommended budget, but the Congress is the branch of government responsible for creating the budget. So if people are upset about taxes or pork, they have to look to the Congress. Not the president.

Under the Constitution it isn't his job. It is the job of the Congress. It is custom that he sends a recommended budget, but the Congress is the branch of government responsible for creating the budget. So if people are upset about taxes or pork, they have to look to the Congress. Not the president.

it is his job to be a leader and to submit a budget
it is the job of congress to Appropriate those funds and fix the budget
The last GOP budget was 2.7 trillion in 2007. In 2009 that same number was 3.4 trillion
or 3.5 as I recall. allmost all of that was added by the left

Yes, they would have re elected him. There's nothing that he could not have done to have prevented him from being re elected.

it is his job to be a leader and to submit a budget
it is the job of congress to Appropriate those funds and fix the budget
The last GOP budget was 2.7 trillion in 2007. In 2009 that same number was 3.4 trillion
or 3.5 as I recall. allmost all of that was added by the left

If that makes you feel better. The president doesn't have the authority to create a budget, only administer it once it is passed by Congress. The House, which by law originates all revenue legislation, has not been in the hands of the left for several years. I know they want you to think it is not their fault, but that doesn't change the reality of it.

Why do you support BHO?
really?

*ahem*

How 'bout the 4 REPUBLICAN Senators who won't allow the Senate- and House-passed budgets to go into negotiations?

Although they all have had breakout moments of their own, the four have joined forces with Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, and against much of the rest of their party, 11 times to block a meeting between House and Senate negotiators over the last two months unless they can get a commitment that the nation’s debt ceiling will not be raised in the budget-agreement process. It’s a move that’s never been used before, but as they made clear during a heated debate last week, that’s precisely the reason they’re doing it.

Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Marco Rubio, Mike Lee: When Freshmen Attack

Forum List

Back