Behind the back pass

I've had a serious problem w/ defenses catterwalling about how the game's changed & how their hands have been tied! IMO, they brought it on themselves w/ their ROTTEN attitude of pretending to care about other players as they literally try to put each other in a coma! I'm surprized a QB hasn't been killed on the field! I can still see some of them being lifted off the ground, then pile-drived into the turf! Thinking of Cunningham, I still wince thinking of the guy who lowered his head going right at the knee of the QB! Football players are true a-#oles & they're all FOS! :stir::meow::p :eek:

They may have gone too far. Many times I see a QB barely touched and lowered to the Ground.....yet it's call roughing. Basically you can't touch the QB unless he has the ball.

I don't know how to say it but they have turned it pretty much into a CLOCK game? If you can get the clock right at the end and you only need a FG. The other team is done for. KC would have lost a playoff game (or more) if not for just enough time was left on the clock.

Not sure how I like it as it is now? Almost as-if, you let them score so you can hurry up and win it? They can all get 30-40 yards and bomb a 50-60 yard FG nowdays.

Mahomes has about the same number of yards per year as David Carr in 2004. Just because Mahomes can run doesn't mean he is a running QB. Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen I would classify as a "running" QB. They have plays that are designed runs for them. Mahomes really doesn't. I guess they run a little RPO but 95% of the time he defaults to the P not the R. And why do you think Mahomes cant take a hit? He's bigger than Cunningham about the same height, and 10 lbs. heavier. Mahomes is also eons ahead of Cunningham in the passing game. It's one of the major reasons why Mahomes doesn't take hits, defenses are far more worried about his arm than his legs and he's proven that if you don't he will kill you.
If Cunningham was coached up early in his career, his accomplishments would be much more stellar. There is no guarantee if Mahomes was drafted earlier by a struggling team he would be as good as he is now. Mahomes is going to the Hall of Fame. I am not taking any of his thunder from him. I just believe Randall would be better in this era and a great offensive head coach.

If Cunningham was coached up early in his career, his accomplishments would be much more stellar. There is no guarantee if Mahomes was drafted earlier by a struggling team he would be as good as he is now. Mahomes is going to the Hall of Fame. I am not taking any of his thunder from him. I just believe Randall would be better in this era and a great offensive head coach.
If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle. But she doesn’t so she ain’t.

BTW

Brady. Defensive coach. GOAT
Big Ben defensive coaches 2 rings
Eli Manning defensive coach 2 rings

Great QBs win regardless .

BTW

Brady. Defensive coach. GOAT
Big Ben defensive coaches 2 rings
Eli Manning defensive coach 2 rings

Great QBs win regardless .
True. Rules were changed over the years also. Younger offense coaches are following Reid into Head Coaching positions.

Brady won a SB less than 10 years ago.
He is special. And there were changes in rules since he came into the league in 2000. He is in a tier with very few others. he was a pocket quarterback and could not run that well. And many did not like him. Until we had to like him. Winning too much takes away from others except for the city doing the winning. The AFC East must have been depressing for most fans of and the other three teams in the first two decades of the 21st century. I know watching them going to endless AFC Championships and Superbowl's seemed to take the sparkle out of the NFL's parity agenda. He figured it out. I think Mahomes has also. He runs out of the pocket a lot though and runs when he wants or has to.

He is special. And there were changes in rules since he came into the league in 2000. He is in a tier with very few others. he was a pocket quarterback and could not run that well. And many did not like him. Until we had to like him. Winning too much takes away from others except for the city doing the winning. The AFC East must have been depressing for most fans of and the other three teams in the first two decades of the 21st century. I know watching them going to endless AFC Championships and Superbowl's seemed to take the sparkle out of the NFL's parity agenda. He figured it out. I think Mahomes has also. He runs out of the pocket a lot though and runs when he wants or has to.
None of this has anything to do with what we have been discussing.

Forum List

Back