Being Black is Not an Excuse

I see a lot of signs saying "Being Black is not a crime" but in almost every incident cited, the Black victim of a police shooting was engaged in some sort of criminal activity and actively evading arrest. If a White person is shot in the same circumstances, he is generally held accountable for his actions. If a Black person is shot, it is immediately blamed on police brutality.

Why is this type of personal behavior deemed acceptable in the Black community?

It's not. nor is what you say true. It's really gone past time for whites to shut up with their opinions about black people. Including this generation whites have been wrong about us for at least 400 years. You'd think white people would be embarrassed to know this, but instead they double down on the same wrong opinions and beliefs.

Blacks idolize criminals. Spending time in prison is like a right of passage for many black communities.
Who romanticized the Mafia and other criminals in Hollywood movies? What made Bogart and Cagney so famous for their gangsta tough guy roles? White people LOVE gangsters.

Movies about the mafia and the real world violent thug culture that so many young black males immerse themselves in are worlds apart.

No they aren't different. But that's how psychosis works. The mafia is real life violent thug culture. I'm a black male and most of the youngsters watch basketball games.

Last edited:
I see a lot of signs saying "Being Black is not a crime" but in almost every incident cited, the Black victim of a police shooting was engaged in some sort of criminal activity and actively evading arrest. If a White person is shot in the same circumstances, he is generally held accountable for his actions. If a Black person is shot, it is immediately blamed on police brutality.

It's not. nor is what you say true. It's really gone past time for whites to shut up with their opinions about black people. Including this generation whites have been wrong about us for at least 400 years. You'd think white people would be embarrassed to know this, but instead they double down on the same wrong opinions and beliefs.

Blacks idolize criminals. Spending time in prison is like a right of passage for many black communities.

"Rite." Rite of passage.

And no. It's not.

Come on, at least admit there's a problem with violent thug culture in some black communities. If you can't even do that, then you're hopeless.

Why should people admit to what doesn't exist just because it's what you imagine?

"Rite." Rite of passage.

And no. It's not.

Come on, at least admit there's a problem with violent thug culture in some black communities. If you can't even do that, then you're hopeless.

Why should people admit to what doesn't exist just because it's what you imagine?

Yah black people are perfect innocent little angels who never do anything wrong

"Rite." Rite of passage.

And no. It's not.

The only Thug that I’m invested in dealing with right now is Trump.

"Rite." Rite of passage.

And no. It's not.

Haven't said that. What I have said is that everything a pussy like you complains about in blacks whites do just as much if not more. And that is the truth. So shut up white boy and deal with the problems whites have.

"Rite." Rite of passage.

And no. It's not.

Haven't said that. What I have said is that everything a pussy like you complains about in blacks whites do just as much if not more. And that is the truth. So shut up white boy and deal with the problems whites have.

I bet you spent time in prison

How is it possible for a person who is not a member of the Black community to make such a sweeping generalization about attitudes in Black community? This OP appears to be yet another in a long string of attempts to create strife and division among us Americans when there does not need to be any. This is a pretty unAmerican thing to do.

It seems to be a habit among right-wingers to pretend to know what goes on in other people's minds and then attack them for their supposed thoughts. Yeah, you all know how a person of color thinks, how those nasty independent women think, how Muslims think, how LGBTs think, because you each have a crystal ball and all members of a given demographic all think the same way. Such BS.

How is it possible for a person who is not a member of the Black community to make such a sweeping generalization about attitudes in Black community? This OP appears to be yet another in a long string of attempts to create strife and division among us Americans when there does not need to be any. This is a pretty unAmerican thing to do.

It seems to be a habit among right-wingers to pretend to know what goes on in other people's minds and then attack them for their supposed thoughts. Yeah, you all know how a person of color thinks, how those nasty independent women think, how Muslims think, how LGBTs think, because you each have a crystal ball and all members of a given demographic all think the same way. Such BS.

speaking of BS, You---lysie---have just DECIDED what a race of people whom
you designate "right wingers" """"THINK""""

Your comment doesn't even make any sense. It is incoherent. """THINK"""

Oh, chortle. A race of right wingers, you say?

"Rite." Rite of passage.

And no. It's not.

I bet you wake up in the morning and check what you drunk posted the night before.

`
My 14 year old daughter is biracial, in a Halle Berry sort of way. I mean people can tell, just by looking at us, she's my daughter.
`

My sister’s daughter in law is biracial. Their son looks like he could be almost anything, stick straight black hair, brown eyes, always looks like he has a tan.

Their daughter has strawberry blond loose curls and blue eyes. We have no fucking idea how this happened.

What scares me is that in 2018 I’m thinking “They are probably safe, I think they can pass.“ Obviously more so the daughter than the son. But how crazy is it that in this day and age that thought even has to be in my brain?

"Rite." Rite of passage.

And no. It's not.

I bet I haven't. You want to put the rest of your lifes earnings on that bet?

My sister’s daughter in law is biracial. Their son looks like he could be almost anything, stick straight black hair, brown eyes, always looks like he has a tan. Their daughter has strawberry blond loose curls and blue eyes. We have no fucking idea how this happened. What scares me is that in 2018 I’m thinking “They are probably safe, I think they can pass.“ Obviously more so the daughter than the son. But how crazy is it that in this day and age that thought even has to be in my brain?
`
Even before she was born, some of my black friends were asking me; "how you going raise her?" That used to annoy me sometimes. I raised her as I raised all my daughters; as individuals whom I love more than myself. I let her decide what she identifies with and quite frankly, she treats being biracial as a distinction unto itself.
`

No she didn't. This is the problem with dumb people like you. Right wing is a ideology which is not held by an entire race.

My sister’s daughter in law is biracial. Their son looks like he could be almost anything, stick straight black hair, brown eyes, always looks like he has a tan. Their daughter has strawberry blond loose curls and blue eyes. We have no fucking idea how this happened. What scares me is that in 2018 I’m thinking “They are probably safe, I think they can pass.“ Obviously more so the daughter than the son. But how crazy is it that in this day and age that thought even has to be in my brain?
`
Even before she was born, some of my black friends were asking me; "how you going raise her?" That used to annoy me sometimes. I raised her as I raised all my daughters; as individuals whom I love more than myself. I let her decide what she identifies with and quite frankly, she treats being biracial as a distinction unto itself.
`

And of course whites never asked you anything. I would understand you being annoyed but lets not pretend that Whites never sad anything to you. I was father to a bi racial child and whites would tell me I had no right discipline a white child when he was acting up in public and blacks saying things. So if we are going to talk about this let's be balanced.

Last edited:

No she didn't. This is the problem with dumb people like you. Right wing is a ideology which is not held by an entire race.

"right-wing" is an "ideology"?

Forum List

Back