Being FORCED to stock up on essentials...

These people should be able to sell their items for whatever price they want. If the person buying them is willing to pay, why is it YOUR concern?
Scalping in a manufactured crisis is immoral
we arent in a manufactured crisis,,,
Of course we are.

We would not be seeing these shortages if Obama were president today, any more than there were shortages in 2009.

The only difference is the Democrat MSM has a president to take down.
I havent seen any shortages except those created by irresponsible people like this asshole,,,and those that dont stay prepared for any event,,,

and your TDS is noted and mocked for obvious reasons,,,

These people should be able to sell their items for whatever price they want. If the person buying them is willing to pay, why is it YOUR concern?
Because there are laws against price gouging in emergency situations. They'll be lucky if charges are not filed against them.

Funny to watch the supermarket down the street this morning.

Parking lot was full an hour before the store opened.

Inside? Chaos.

People buying large quantities of illogical things.

Crews frantically trying to "face up" the shelves - moving remaining items forward so the shelves looked full.

Expect that by mid-afternoon there'll be riots as people start fighting over who gets the last can of such critical essentials as....as.........as organic toothpicks!

I guess some people think the TP imparts some type of immunity. i had to go to Safeway at 4:30am. I was thinking about wiping the store out but in the end I only got 2 12 packs of TP

Be sure to thank the Koch Brothers for that.

You do know they manufacture the majority of TP brands, right?

https://insteading.com/blog/koch-brothers-products/

Why do you call them the Koch brothers? One died recently.

I don't think he has affected the supply of paper and neither is the one who is still alive. People are just f-ing stupid.

I guess some people think the TP imparts some type of immunity. i had to go to Safeway at 4:30am. I was thinking about wiping the store out but in the end I only got 2 12 packs of TP

Be sure to thank the Koch Brothers for that.

You do know they manufacture the majority of TP brands, right?

https://insteading.com/blog/koch-brothers-products/

Why do you call them the Koch brothers? One died recently.

I don't think he has affected the supply of paper and neither is the one who is still alive. People are just f-ing stupid.

No, Koch Industries have nothing to do with the supply, they're cranking it out as fast as they can produce it.

Was in a Safeway and a Fred Meyer earlier today. Plenty of most of the items people are bitching about but Safeway had no toilet paper and Fred Meyer had just slightly less than the normal amount. Checked it out of curiosity but was really shopping for the best price on corned beef as my wife is terminally Irish. Safeway had the best price and best quality - good stock.

I toyed with the idea of buying a big stock from Fred and take it across the street to the Safeway where I could hawk it out of my trunk for $10/roll and people would pay it willingly "cause' the shelves were empty". Lazy liberals; not smart enough to check the other stores. They think of everyone else as "victims" but are such willing victims themselves!

Consider:

A victim is a gift from God.
Fail to take advantage of a God-given victim and your are spurning a Gift From God and you'll burn in Hell.

Still, I just can't bring myself to shoot fish in a barrel so I didn't play the TP game.

Not today.

Selling TP in a crisis will get you a nice trip to jail as a man learned Thursday.

There was someone on TV last night stipulating that the purchasing of T.P. and cleaning items will slow down and the shelves will be full within a couple of weeks. In fact they may stay that way for a while because of the massive purchasing of said products. But he did say that higher tech products like TV's and Computers and the like may be in short supply because they come from overseas. A lot comes from China.

Buy Samsung. The are Korean.

Because there are laws against price gouging in emergency situations. They'll be lucky if charges are not filed against them.

Please...

hand sanitizer is not gasoline, food or water.

Price gouging does not apply.

Nor are we in any such type of emergency situation which 'hand sanitizer' could even remotely be considered as a product for price gouging.

Wash your fkn hands!

Please...

Nor are we in any such type of emergency situation which 'hand sanitizer' could even remotely be considered as a product for price gouging.

Wash your fkn hands!

I guess you didnt realize hand sanitizers are mostly used for when you cant get to a sink and wash your hands,,,

but thats OK we forgive you,,,

And now he's stuck with it.

"On March 1, the day after the first coronavirus death in the United States, brothers Matt and Noah Colvin set out in a silver S.U.V. to pick up some hand sanitizer. Driving around Chattanooga, Tenn., they hit a Dollar Tree, then a Walmart, a Staples and a Home Depot. At each store, they cleaned out the shelves..."

He Has 17,700 Bottles of Hand Sanitizer and Nowhere to Sell Them

BB11bbnR.img
Sounds like he needs to make a call to Nasty Nancy...
FB_IMG_1584152212047.jpg

"On March 1, the day after the first coronavirus death in the United States, brothers Matt and Noah Colvin set out in a silver S.U.V. to pick up some hand sanitizer. Driving around Chattanooga, Tenn., they hit a Dollar Tree, then a Walmart, a Staples and a Home Depot. At each store, they cleaned out the shelves..."

BB11bbnR.img
Actually, he can, and probably will, sell them on Amazon, but he will have competition and will have to sell his stock at fair market value
/----/ Yeah, but the smuck paid retail and sales tax making his costs higher.

It is my concern because it's priced out of the range of what some people can afford.

Which will allow the virus to keep spreading.

When it comes to a public emergency, people shouldn't be denied proper sanitation products just because some jerk went and bought it all so no one else could then jacked the price up so it's not affordable.

It's people like you and the jerk in the story that will guarantee the virus keeps spreading.

Hey, your inability to read makes the rest of us look bad. I'm a Trump voter you moron
Hey, your inability to read makes the rest of us look bad. I'm a Trump voter you moron
it was your admiration of obama to bash trump that led me to that conclusion,,,call it an assumption,,,

A Tennessee man who amassed a collection of over 17,000 bottles of hand sanitizer and a variety of other sanitary supplies, such as face masks and anti-bacterial wipes, has been complaining that he hasn’t been able to sell them since his products were delisted from the Amazon marketplace.

According to The New York Times, Matt Colvin teamed up with his brother to collect and sell pandemic supplies earlier this month, after the United States reported the first death from coronavirus.

The Times reports that the supply-run involved one brother renting a U-Haul and taking a 1,300-mile road trip to clean out stores, while Matt Colvin stayed home and listed other supplies online that he was having delivered.

Colvin told the news agency he made “crazy money,” and managed to sell 300 bottles of hand sanitizer at prices between $8 and $70 each.

Seller Blocked By Amazon Complains He Can’t Sell His 17,000 Bottles Of Hand Sanitizer

We knew it would happen, well many of us did. Any scare,,, there is hoarding, cleaned out shelves and price gouging. Good for Amazon blocking this fuk. Now he and his brother can sanitize their hands for a lifetime but Karma is a bitch.

Please...

Wash your fkn hands!
Price gouging laws vary from state to state and this case is not limited to Tennessee where the brothers are located but involves the laws of any states where they sold product to. And it's not limited to hand sanitizer. He also sold respirator masks which are considered medical supplies which many state laws, including Tennessee, specifically outlaw price gouging. I won't be surprised if they get charged. Frankly, they deserve it.

BB11bbnR.img
Arrest him for hoarding critical supplies and give the stuff to the local hospital.

Forum List

Back