Belief in a God, the existence of a higher power, and the concept of an afterlife. Science or Religion?

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
I struggled with where, what forum (Science or Religion and Ethics), to put this: "Belief in a God, the existence of a higher power, and the concept of an afterlife. Science or Religion?"

Here we are...

Somebody said "Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist."(1)

I believe some people unknowingly, and some people purposefully conflate spontaneous creation with spontaneous generation, which takes any discussion of scientific theories into debating religion as somehow being just another scientific theory. There exits no science behind claims religions make for why we and the universe exists.

We now have scientists claiming they've created matter from nothing in a groundbreaking experiment. If they have, their claims can be proven by successfully repeating any experiment.

1: Stephen Hawking

Last edited:
I struggled with where, what forum (Science or Religion and Ethics), to put this: "Belief in a God, the existence of a higher power, and the concept of an afterlife. Science or Religion?"

Here we are...

Somebody said "Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist."(1)

I believe some people unknowingly, and some people purposefully conflate spontaneous creation with spontaneous generation, which takes any discussion of scientific theories into debating religion as somehow being just another scientific theory. There exits no science behind claims religions make for why we and the universe exists.

We now have scientists claiming they've create matter from nothing in a groundbreaking experiment. If they have, their claims can be proven by successfully repeating any experiment.

1: Stephen Hawking
Are you reawakened?

The universe exists. Therefore it was either created OR it has always existed.

If it was created, what was it created out of?

If it has “always existed,” then why do it’s many component parts seem to be speeding away from each other? (Which seems to suggest that, at some earlier moment in time, it was all together. And that sounds a lot like a big bang.)

Are you reawakened?

The universe exists. Therefore it was either created OR it has always existed.

If it was created, what was it created out of?

If it has “always existed,” then why do it’s many component parts seem to be speeding away from each other? (Which seems to suggest that, at some earlier moment in time, it was all together. And that sounds a lot like a big bang.)
We now have scientists claiming they've created matter from nothing in a groundbreaking experiment. If they have, their claims can be proven by successfully repeating any experiment.

Do you argue with that?

Do you argue with that?
Do I agree with their claim? No. I’m plenty skeptical. Link?

And if it’s a baseless or otherwise ill-founded claim, then it can’t be repeated, since it never happened in the first place.

But, sure, if it did happen and can be validated and repeated, I’d be happy to consider it and the implications.

Are you reawakened?

Do I agree with their claim? No. I’m plenty skeptical. Link?

And if it’s a baseless or otherwise ill-founded claim, then it can’t be repeated, since it never happened in the first place.

But, sure, if it did happen and can be validated and repeated, I’d be happy to consider it and the implications.

Are you reawakened?
Oh! I thought you had responded to the OP, which had two links. I checked. You did.

So, you still shoot from the lip?

BackFailingAgain

Oh! I thought you had responded to the OP, which had two links. I checked. You did.

So, you still shoot from the lip?

BackFailingAgain
Sorry I missed the links, Dainty.

You’re still very Dainty.

And your post is erroneous anyway.

There were two things that allowed matter (particle and anti-particle) to be formed.

Graphene together with a strong electrical field. In other words, to boil it down for the extremely ignorant people like you, Dainty, whatever was created was therefore created from something.

Nice try, though.

Sorry I missed the links, Dainty.

You’re still very Dainty.

And your post is erroneous anyway.

There were two things that allowed matter (particle and anti-particle) to be formed.

Graphene together with a strong electrical field. In other words, to boil it down for the extremely ignorant people like you, Dainty, whatever was created was therefore created from something.

Nice try, though.

It's obvious you've just lied about missing a link (actually two are there), and this proves you didn't read what you responded to. Sigh. My poor, old dear friend...

Long ago I believe I may have offered you a way out of the comedy people see when stumbling upon your postings. A big part of it has been your scream name(s), and avatar(s) over the years.

-- changing your scream name from BackAgain to KneeJerk.

Missing Link :eusa_shhh:: and there's audio.

Key Takeaways

• There are all sorts of conservation laws in the Universe: for energy, momentum, charge, and more. Many properties of all physical systems are conserved: where things cannot be created or destroyed.
  • We've learned how to create matter under specific, explicit conditions: by colliding two quanta together at high enough energies so that equal amounts of matter and antimatter can emerge, so long as E = mc² allows it to happen.
  • For the first time, we've managed to create particles without any collisions or precursor particles at all: through strong electromagnetic fields and the Schwinger effect. Here's how.

Nice try, though.

You've been blinded by your own delusions of brilliance. You missed what is actually being said/claimed:

This proved that creating matter from nothing is indeed possible, a theory first proposed by Julian Schwinger, one of the founders of quantum field theory. And with that knowledge, we can hopefully better understand how the universe makes something from nothing.

It's obvious you've just lied about missing a link (actually two are there), and this proves you didn't read what you responded to. Sigh. My poor, old dear friend...

We aren’t friends. I did miss the links. I therefore went to Google. I found the two you had linked (the ones I had glossed over). The second one was informative. Unlike you, you scumbag.
Long ago I believe I may have offered you a way out of the comedy people see when stumbling upon your postings. A big part of it has been your scream name(s), and avatar(s) over the years.
Let’s pretend I place any value in your musings or “advice.”

Nah. That’s just absurd. You’re an idiot and a scumbag.
Zzz. You are at least consistent on being a very dull witted boring scumbag.
Missing Link :eusa_shhh:: and there's audio.

Key Takeaways

• There are all sorts of conservation laws in the Universe: for energy, momentum, charge, and more. Many properties of all physical systems are conserved: where things cannot be created or destroyed.
  • We've learned how to create matter under specific, explicit conditions: by colliding two quanta together at high enough energies so that equal amounts of matter and antimatter can emerge, so long as E = mc² allows it to happen.
  • For the first time, we've managed to create particles without any collisions or precursor particles at all: through strong electromagnetic fields and the Schwinger effect. Here's how.
Your copied synopsis adds nothing of value.

Again, if there had been an original true “nothing,” not only would there have been no matter, but there would have been no energy of any kind.

It’s akin to your mind. A total void.

In a total void there would have been no graphene and no electricity or any other form of energy. In short there would have been no thing at all. The experiment doesn’t meet those conditions.

You've been blinded by your own delusions of brilliance. You missed what is actually being said/claimed:

This proved that creating matter from nothing is indeed possible, a theory first proposed by Julian Schwinger, one of the founders of quantum field theory. And with that knowledge, we can hopefully better understand how the universe makes something from nothing.
No Dainty. As always, you have completely missed the point. In order to create something from nothing, you must start with nothing.

Your ongoing and perpetual ignorance is amusing.

We aren’t friends.
Wow! That hurts. I can see you saying...

gollum.jpg

No Dainty. As always, you have completely missed the point. In order to create something from nothing, you must start with nothing.

Your ongoing and perpetual ignorance is amusing.
You confused on how science works to discredit or prove theories?

Missing Link
:eusa_shhh:
: and there's audio.

Key Takeaways

You confused on how science works to discredit or prove theories?

Missing Link
:eusa_shhh:
: and there's audio.

Key Takeaways

You’re so befuddled, you copy and paste your own worthless posts.

Forum List

Back