Belief in a God, the existence of a higher power, and the concept of an afterlife. Science or Religion?

I struggled with where, what forum (Science or Religion and Ethics), to put this: "Belief in a God, the existence of a higher power, and the concept of an afterlife. Science or Religion?"

Here we are...

Somebody said "Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist."(1)

I believe some people unknowingly, and some people purposefully conflate spontaneous creation with spontaneous generation, which takes any discussion of scientific theories into debating religion as somehow being just another scientific theory. There exits no science behind claims religions make for why we and the universe exists.

We now have scientists claiming they've created matter from nothing in a groundbreaking experiment. If they have, their claims can be proven by successfully repeating any experiment.

1: Stephen Hawking

Wonder why they did not disclose the names of the scientists?

Are you reawakened?

The universe exists. Therefore it was either created OR it has always existed.

If it was created, what was it created out of?

If it has “always existed,” then why do it’s many component parts seem to be speeding away from each other? (Which seems to suggest that, at some earlier moment in time, it was all together. And that sounds a lot like a big bang.)
Yeah, and long ago some dead Hebrew guy got up and walked out his tomb.

thank you

Humans are the center of the universe, so the Sun revolves around us.

Missing Link :eusa_shhh:: and there's audio.

Key Takeaways

• There are all sorts of conservation laws in the Universe: for energy, momentum, charge, and more. Many properties of all physical systems are conserved: where things cannot be created or destroyed.
  • We've learned how to create matter under specific, explicit conditions: by colliding two quanta together at high enough energies so that equal amounts of matter and antimatter can emerge, so long as E = mc² allows it to happen.
  • For the first time, we've managed to create particles without any collisions or precursor particles at all: through strong electromagnetic fields and the Schwinger effect. Here's how.
Nerds Have a Fetish for Nothingness

The experiment proves that space is a substance. It was creation from that substance, so it was not creation from nothing.

Second, it could be an emerging from the fourth spatial dimension outside this universe. That is where all the space-substance came from in the first place.

I struggled with where, what forum (Science or Religion and Ethics), to put this: "Belief in a God, the existence of a higher power, and the concept of an afterlife. Science or Religion?"

Here we are...

Somebody said "Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist."(1)

I believe some people unknowingly, and some people purposefully conflate spontaneous creation with spontaneous generation, which takes any discussion of scientific theories into debating religion as somehow being just another scientific theory. There exits no science behind claims religions make for why we and the universe exists.

We now have scientists claiming they've created matter from nothing in a groundbreaking experiment. If they have, their claims can be proven by successfully repeating any experiment.

1: Stephen Hawking
The matter wasn't created from nothing, it was created from energy. As Einstein showed, matter is 'frozen' energy. I think we're finding that 95% of the mass of the universe is in the form of energy.

The matter wasn't created from nothing, it was created from energy. As Einstein showed, matter is 'frozen' energy. I think we're finding that 95% of the mass of the universe is in the form of energy.
The net energy was zero. No energy input. Result was net zero energy between the particles. That's kind of the entire point.

Last edited:
Like KneeJerk (formerly known as BackAgain), you haven't read the OP, or you have and struggle with reading and comprehension.

With these fields, the researchers were able to enable the spontaneous creation of particle-antiparticle pairs from nothing at all. This proved that creating matter from nothing is indeed possible, a theory first proposed by Julian Schwinger, one of the founders of quantum field theory. And with that knowledge, we can hopefully better understand how the universe makes something from nothing.

"We now have scientists claiming they've created matter from nothing in a groundbreaking experiment. If they have, their claims can be proven by successfully repeating any experiment."

Forum List

Back